• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Xbox One Includes a Chat Headset!! + Xbox One Day One Unboxing

Afro

Wait, can you just use it as a dedicated wired controller via USB a la PS3 or do you need the play & charge kit for that?

Thanks in advance.

Camilos

Banned
Wow, make up your mind already Microsoft. Stop changing everything on the fly, it looks ridiculous.

So its best if they don't change their mind? They already made the mistake, so changing their mind is the best solution unless they can go back to the past and change their mistake.

Power button is damn classy though.

ibm8iUu0biIjVU.png

Nice power brick.

ibojKxsXuOitW8.png

You're telling me that you don't have AA batteries already lying around your house?

I have eneloops. I prefer an internal battery. The Xbox one charge kit is the same price as eneloops. (I was wrong in assuming ms would stay with the 20$ pricing of the previous charge kit.)

Estocolmo

So can Microsoft explain why they didnt include an optical sound in for the Xbox 360 E, but they put in one for the Xbox One? Oh and they had one for the Xbox 360 Slim...

Sorry, only my second post on these forums, but all you people that are making fun of MS for all of their "180's" are idiots. This is EXACTLY what competition is about and I applaud MS for making the decisions they are making.

Hate on them all you want, they are responding directly to what gamers want and that is never a bad thing.

Jarmel

Banned
This isn't a 'major decision' though. It's not a reflection of any 'vision' for the XB1 that they previously had unlike their DRM-vision, this was just a financial decision.

They previously thought they could get away with not including the headset and either reduce their losses/increase their margin. Consumers didn't like the Kinect voice-chat alternative, so they went back and saw that they could afford to reduce their margin/increase the loss.

It's a pretty big decision in regards to XBL. Having headsets included compared to just Kinect would have made a world of difference in regards to internet play. It also show their decreasing reliance on Kinect as a go to accessory for everything.

Man I dislike anything Nelson is doing. MS needs to get rid of that guy already.
I really am starting to like the look of the system though when he spun it around I forgot about all the ridiculous sat plugins. Yeah I am never using those.

Rengoku

No way in hell are either of these consoles going to do 3840 × 2160 at more than 30fps if they could even hit 30fps in the first place.

Lets look at current gen, most AAA 3D games are running at 720p or lower at around 30fps, but there are quite a few XBLA games running at 1080p 60fps. I don't expect next gen AAA titles to run at 4k and 60fps, but I'd like XBLA games to be able to hit that without being held back.

Harts316

Great stuff. I originally was going to cancel my preorder and go with a PS3. I held off on cancelling based on the off chance MS would come to their senses. Good thing I did!

Skeff

Damn that power brick looks Bigger than the 360's, having a kinect, an external power Brick and an IR blaster trailing to your cable box really encompasses the all in one entertainment system.

Drek

This is absolutely great news. Why on Earth would someone be disappointed by this?

Because it feels like we're watching the XRomney One with campaign slogan "Seriously, tell me what I need to say so you'll shut up and buy the damn thing".

They did a better job seeming like they gave a fuck last generation and once we got a few years in they shuttered a ton of first party studios, kept building behind that Gold paywall, and pushed more and more advertising with each OS update.

You wonder why people are skeptical about MS when they've had to pull a 180 on the vast majority of their original XB1 plan just to be feature competitive with the PS4. I wonder why people think MS isn't going to BOHICA you until your ass bleeds the second they've got you into their walled ecosystem.

Sorry, only my second post on these forums, but all you people that are making fun of MS for all of their "180's" are idiots. This is EXACTLY what competition is about and I applaud MS for making the decisions they are making.

Hate on them all you want, they are responding directly to what gamers want and that is never a bad thing.

do you applaud a person for coming forward and confessing to murder/rape too?

DC1

People have a narrative to advance. You know, the "180" thing because no manufacturer has ever changed anything about the console from announcement to launch.

Forget all of the "Specifications are subject to change" disclaimers that often surround product announcements. Xbox 180 has already been canonized by GAF and this meme has to be perpetuated.
You sure do work hard.

Why not admit that MS had reversed nearly all of their announced launch functions as a direct result of competitor offerings and predictive analysis of consumer purchases.

They hedged their bets in the wrong bucket and are now correcting them.

This is a good thing!
No need to mask it.
Instead, call it what it is and keep on pushing.

Competition will eventually birth robust and economical products and services.

Awesome news for the morning. I'll be using eneloops, but getting to use a micro usb to make it a wired controller is awesome news, especially for PC gamers too!

saladine1

It's seems like some people are a little peeved that MS are making their system a little more attractive to prospective buyers...

bGanci

Banned
Man I dislike anything Nelson is doing. MS needs to get rid of that guy already.
I really am starting to like the look of the system though when he spun it around I forgot about all the ridiculous sat plugins. Yeah I am never using those.
Negative nancy

Rey

Damn that power brick looks Bigger than the 360's, having a kinect, an external power Brick and an IR blaster trailing to your cable box really encompasses the all in one entertainment system.

U serious? The 360's power brick looks about twice the size of the xbone.

x-Lundz-x

Still waiting on the last 180 that would get me to purchase the console, drop dat Kinect requirement. If Ms still want to include it in every box, fine. If they want to make me pay for it with a 499 console, fine. Just make it so I never have to plug the damn thing in and we are golden MS. I know you can do it.

Jarmel

Banned
Because it feels like we're watching the XRomney One with campaign slogan "Seriously, tell me what I need to say so you'll shut up and buy the damn thing".

They did a better job seeming like they gave a fuck last generation and once we got a few years in they shuttered a ton of first party studios, kept building behind that Gold paywall, and pushed more and more advertising with each OS update.

You wonder why people are skeptical about MS when they've had to pull a 180 on the vast majority of their original XB1 plan just to be feature competitive with the PS4. I wonder why people think MS isn't going to BOHICA you until your ass bleeds the second they've got you into their walled ecosystem.

They can't reverse headsets already in the box. Now they could stop putting headsets in later runs but there is no point worrying about that at this stage. Also there is nothing wrong with a manufacturer catering to a group of consumers.

nib95

Banned
Deary me, enough 180s to make someone dizzy. Great move though. And I love that control unit that clips to the bottom.

Top Bottom