• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Xbox One Includes a Chat Headset!! + Xbox One Day One Unboxing

You sure do work hard.

Why not admit that MS had reversed nearly all of their announced launch functions as a direct result of competitor offerings and predictive analysis of consumer purchases.

They hedged their bets in the wrong bucket and are now correcting them.

This is a good thing!
No need to mask it.
Instead, call it what it is and keep on pushing.

Competition will eventually birth robust and economical products and services.

fuyh.png

And yes, I do work hard to call out BS when I see it.

This is typical of most product launches.

Other than the DRM reversal, what other policy has MS reversed. And please include the official Xbox One policy and the reversal.

Afro

Still waiting on the last 180 that would get me to purchase the console, drop dat Kinect requirement. If Ms still want to include it in every box, fine. If they want to make me pay for it with a 499 console, fine. Just make it so I never have to plug the damn thing in and we are golden MS. I know you can do it.

eBay would be flooded with Kinect sensors.

XeNoN89

Banned
It's seems like some people are a little peeved that MS are making their system a little more attractive to prospective buyers...

I'm starting to think this was all some strange badly thought out plan from Microsoft. Annoy people with horrible policies, and then reverse them to make yourself look good without actually having to change anything at all.

Because it feels like we're watching the XRomney One with campaign slogan "Seriously, tell me what I need to say so you'll shut up and buy the damn thing".

They did a better job seeming like they gave a fuck last generation and once we got a few years in they shuttered a ton of first party studios, kept building behind that Gold paywall, and pushed more and more advertising with each OS update.

You wonder why people are skeptical about MS when they've had to pull a 180 on the vast majority of their original XB1 plan just to be feature competitive with the PS4. I wonder why people think MS isn't going to BOHICA you until your ass bleeds the second they've got you into their walled ecosystem.

Why are you acting like we're being signed into a blood oath contract? The beauty of this is that people can drop the damn thing like a hot coal if they don't like what they're going through.

And no, changing things for the better is never a bad thing. It's hilarious how backwards MS was in the first before this reversal phase, but this is good news.

Banned
Too many 180's, not enough time!

That control input for the headset looks bulky but I must admit the console and controller is growing on me. If I had crazy cash I'd get both but for now my Wii U and PS4 will do.

I'll wait for Halo 5 :)

NIGHT-

Man, that could be the sexiest console box design. I was gonna wait until next year to get both consoles, but I'm tempted to get a x1 at launch.

coma1138

Banned
I wasn't really bothered with it not being included, but sweet @ it being included now. It's good to see them listening to people and "fixing" things before release.

Maybe Sony will do the same now and include an actual headset instead of that shitty one.

Nice that they're including a headset in the box now. Would have been a big mistake not to.
I really like the noise it makes when it turns on. :p

Hope Sony does one of these videos for the PS4. Gets ya hyped up for next-gen.

Lets look at current gen, most AAA 3D games are running at 720p or lower at around 30fps, but there are quite a few XBLA games running at 1080p 60fps. I don't expect next gen AAA titles to run at 4k and 60fps, but I'd like XBLA games to be able to hit that without being held back.
The thought of games like Mark of the Ninja and Dust: An Elysian Tail done at 4K/60 has me drooling. You know you want to, Noogy.

That said, the two bombs dropped are good to hear, especially the wired charging/data design. Sony definitively got that right with the PS3. The addition of a wired headset is good news for the Xbox One online community as well. Making voice chat standard arguably helped make it the premiere online system this gen.

glaurung

Power brick looks wider, but shorter than the 360's original. I can live with that if it does not overheat on its side.

Is the guide button on the controller now also touch-based?

bGanci

Banned
fuyh.png

And yes, I do work hard to call out BS when I see it.

This is typical of most product launches.

Other than the DRM reversal, what other policy has MS reversed. And please include the official Xbox One policy and the reversal.
This man speaks the truth.

"Other than the DRM reversal, what other policy has MS reversed. And please include the official Xbox One policy and the reversal"

Headset not being included? Never confirmed.

bronzeP

Banned
Didn't even pre-order a headset because I knew this was coming.

Thank you <3 Apanello or however you are called :p

If I can afford to get it at launch (wife's Vitamix is the priority), I'll just save all the disappointment and frustration later on and just give the cheapo headset to my 2 year old to destroy.

Hopefully it's BPA free...

Fox Mulder

Is this their new strategy? Reverse every announcement?

How is listening to feedback and reacting to make something better a bad thing?

I won't buy one due to kinect, but its nice to see them react to criticism far better than Sony did during the ps3 launch.

Rey

i already have the Xbox One preordered when they got rid of the previously announced DRM. I'm just loving all the reversals because of feedback.

Im sure u do. All these reversals were positive for the buyer.

Is this really what its come to on a videogame forum?

Neogaf: where xbox online policies are the same as murder and rape. The anti-MS sentiment has to stop. These kind of posts are so fucking ridiculous. Before i even clicked on this thread (which is all good news that gamers wanted) i knew there would be idiotic posts about backpedaling.

- MS announce policies
- People complain
- MS change policies for the positive.
- LOL Backpedaling! LOL 180! i still dont trust you!

You know the console hate bullshit is bad when someone compares xbox policies to rape and murder. fuck sake.

This man speaks the truth.

"Other than the DRM reversal, what other policy has MS reversed. And please include the official Xbox One policy and the reversal"

Indie self-publishing on Xbox One? Never confirmed either.

EagleEyes

Man the way you turn it on looks sweet as heck. Everything about it looks like its quality stuff packed in. Its nice that its including little custom stuff like chrome dpad and day one markings on the controller. I'm a sucker for stupid things like that lol. Starting to get hyped now for sure but they need to come out and do a much better job at gamescom with their message.

bGanci

Banned
Neogaf: where xbox online policies are the same as murder and rape. The anti-MS sentiment has to stop. These kind of posts are so fucking ridiculous. Before i even clicked on this thread (which is all good news that gamers wanted) i knew there would be idiotic posts about backpedaling.

- MS announce policies
- People complain

You know the console hate bullshit is bad when someone compares xbox policies to rape and murder. fuck sake.
Quote because he speaks the truth.

What!? But... Why are you doing this? I thought Kinect was good enough for this? I just don't understand MS. Why go out of your way to confirm that there won't be a headset, and then turn around on it? This makes no sense.

Edit: I see people claiming that it was never confirmed that no headset would be in there, but I could have sworn someone paid lip service to Kinect fill that role.

Ha! Found it.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/26/xbox-one-microsoft-explains-why-it-doesnt-include-a-headset/

So, you're wrong on that.

"Competitions good it brings out the vital parts" - from "Vibes and Stuff"/A Tribe Called Quest.

lol

Doing it because you have to or due to pressure is different than just doing it though.

Kyon

Banned
Good choice although we never got a confirmation of it not being included which was why it was assumed there wast one right? So idk how this is a "180"

NIGHT-

- MS announce policies
- People complain

Pretty sure the people crying "180" were never interested in the Xbox one from the get go, yet they come in every Xbox one thread spewing the same thing. Oh well, don't know why you'd be a fanboy to any company when you could just be a gamer and love games

Top Bottom