• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Ultra Honda in the bottom 5, the only way Mike Ross is winning with Honda is if he accidentally sets himself to Super mode.

Actually, that's a thought... Edition Select at the moment is kinda lame, but woudn't it be neat if a specific version of each character was picked and tournaments were run with that ruleset? Think USF4 but with a lot of the crap and low-mid characters allowed to pick better versions of themselves. Hmm.

MrDaravon

Lapchi got someone to bookie this

Daigo 5 to 2
Fuudo 3 to 1
Xiaohai 4 to 1
Infiltration 9 to 2
Pr rog 5 to 1
Xian 6 to 1
Gamerbee 7 to 1
Momochi 7 to 1
Gackt 15 to 2
kazunoko 8 to 1
Tokido 8 to 1
Luffy 17 to 2
Acqua 10 to 1
Bon chan 10 to 1
Dogura 10 to 1
Justin wong 12 to 1
Alioune 15 to 1
Mago 15 to 1
Ryan hart 18 to 1
Mizoteru 20 to 1
Dakou 20 to 1
Ricky Ortiz 20 to 1
Haitani 20 to 1
knuckledu 30 to 1
Tampa bison 50 to 1
Will2pac 50 to 1
Nuki 50 to 1
Kim1234 50 to 1
Chi-rithy 50 to 1
Zeus 100 to 1
Filpinoman 100 to 1

Odds are to win the entire tournament

FGC is making it big now folks!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What about Sako? Sako has more of a chance when it comes to Evil Ryu.

And for last year's Hall of Shame. OT1 and 2.

ibx1H79ZaM4SyT.png

i05wZ6U0XMrDn.png

Dahbomb

Lapchi got someone to bookie this

Daigo 5 to 2
Fuudo 3 to 1
Xiaohai 4 to 1
Infiltration 9 to 2
Pr rog 5 to 1
Xian 6 to 1
Gamerbee 7 to 1
Momochi 7 to 1
Gackt 15 to 2
kazunoko 8 to 1
Tokido 8 to 1
Luffy 17 to 2
Acqua 10 to 1
Bon chan 10 to 1
Dogura 10 to 1
Justin wong 12 to 1
Alioune 15 to 1
Mago 15 to 1
Ryan hart 18 to 1
Mizoteru 20 to 1
Dakou 20 to 1
Ricky Ortiz 20 to 1
Haitani 20 to 1
knuckledu 30 to 1
Tampa bison 50 to 1
Will2pac 50 to 1
Nuki 50 to 1
Kim1234 50 to 1
Chi-rithy 50 to 1
Zeus 100 to 1
Filpinoman 100 to 1

Odds are to win the entire tournament

I don't like any of these odds...

vulva

Hey, I was wondering how much did the trip ended up costing you? I mean like the hotel/flight from Pearson?

Man, I don't even want to look at this haha.

flight was 500
hotel is 268 total (splitting 50/50 though so I'm paying 134)
EVO reg was 60 (50 venue +10 for sf)

so all in I'm spending 694 not counting food

Not as bad as I expected it to be... but still that's almost one university course =\

edit: at least I can get a tax deduction I guess, so that makes this a bit more reasonable... but still =\

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
if you live in TO and you have the option to drive to buffalo it's much cheaper, but if you don't you gotta bite the bullet at pearson

vulva

if you live in TO and you have the option to drive to buffalo it's much cheaper, but if you don't you gotta bite the bullet at pearson

I used to bus down to buffalo, but it only saves about 100 bucks these days from my experience since Vegas tickets are generally cheap. I would have saved like 50 bucks after bus costs and added an extra 4 hours each way to my travel time (layovers etc)

Kumubou

Ryan Hart at 18-1? Talkng about an overlay
That would have been a one of the better value bets... if this was AE 2012. Or maybe even Ultra 1.0, but those Sagat nerfs hurt.

Personally, the only lines that even come close to being value bets are Haitani at 20-1 (it really comes down to who has it that weekend, and Haitani with a luckbox is as scary as anything) and Kazunoko at 8-1 (playing the #1 character and is a pick to win it all that far down? OK.) and maybe $1 on Zeus at 100-1 as that seems a bit out there, relative to the field anyway.

Unlucky

I just don't want Magus to commentate Marvel again. He is knowledgeable and I appreciate his efforts, but he's not one of my favorite commentators.

Dahbomb

I just don't want Magus to commentate Marvel again. He is knowledgeable and I appreciate his efforts, but he's not one of my favorite commentators.
Magus has been MIA for quite some time, doubt he will be doing commentary.

I like Viscant and Yipes for MVC3 commentary (assuming they don't place top 8 of course).

Beesuit

They had a room showing the stream in the past couple years I believe. Maybe they'll have that again?

Even then there is a slight delay.

I remember people saying they would hear the crowd blowing up in the main room which would give away that some shit was about to go down very soon.

Revven

ClashTournaments confirmed to be a side stream for Smash side events:

https://twitter.com/CLASHTournament/status/486683572187983872

So how would you like to see a side Smash stream at Evo for tourney and side events? And a @ProjectMGame side event? We're makin' it happen!

https://twitter.com/CLASHTournament/status/486684223030304768

@progducto I have :) Permission for side stream (tourney matches too) and side events. If there becomes an issue with PM there I won't do it

So, some tourney matches not scheduled for main stage or srkevo2 and probably a doubles side tourney for Melee will be on www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments

If that stream could be added to the OP, that would be appreciated.

Azure J

ClashTournaments confirmed to be a side stream for Smash side events:

https://twitter.com/CLASHTournament/status/486683572187983872

https://twitter.com/CLASHTournament/status/486684223030304768

So, some tourney matches not scheduled for main stage or srkevo2 and probably a doubles side tourney for Melee will be on www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments

If that stream could be added to the OP, that would be appreciated.

Oh God YES. A EVO Project M side tourney with a laid back mood vs. Melee could be incredible.

cj_iwakura

Anyone bringing a Dreamcast? I'm bringing KOF 99 and Project Justice, but I don't want to drag my system cross-country again.

Actually, this year, srkevo3 is not being used. CapcomFighters is being used and has its own subscription button which is $5. So in order to chat in all of them, you have to pay $17 dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom