• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

ehhh, not sure if we're watching the same stream but presentation has been somewhat stagnant for the past 4 evos. i've been watching evo since 2011 and we still do not have live brackets on stream.

Agreed. IPW and CapcomFighters have been doing really well by showing on screen brackets and even upcoming matches.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Will there be any 3s action, maybe even streamed? Would be great with so many former 3s monsters there.

Yeah. EVO team is really outdoing themselves this year. Feels like they jumped a full 3 years into the future even over their excellent presentation yesteryear.
Eh, I'd have to disagree. Showing less SF4 quarter and semi matches than last year isn't going to earn you a lot of praise on my end.

Horseress

I'm not generalizing anyone.

Only talking about people that are dissing games.

THanks for the compliment. Clearly, you are much maturer.

Not saying you are stupid, "stupid people" are those who diss on games, like you said. But saying that "the fgc will be forever small" because some random said something stupid (which I agree with you 100%) is stupid

ironmang

Eh, I'd have to disagree. Showing less SF4 quarter and semi matches than last year isn't going to earn you a lot of praise on my end.

Especially when they went winners only until the last few matches. Losers matches are often just as much if not more exciting and we missed almost all of them yesterday.

Sayah

Not saying you are stupid, but saying that "the fgc will be forever small" because some random said something stupid (which I agree with you 100%) is stupid

You can't expect more people to be interested in FGC when you have all these trolls dissing games and exhibiting child-like behavior.

FGC isn't nearly at the level where it could be. EVO is the biggest tournament that grows every year clearly but I can see why other people would be motivated to not want to be a part of this.

That's why I said what I said.

DEk19za.jpg

(side tourney)

I see stream 1 still has frame rate problems :T

If you're having framerate problems, desyncing, stutters and stallouts, you might wanna try the Livestreamer + VLC combo.

And personally, I have no problems with what they're showing and how they're showing it. I would have loved to see more matches on that second stream, of course, but if they can't for whatever reason, again: Get a reliably updated bracket up on that screen in a clean graphic. Not someone's phone-cam of a handwritten sheet of paper, but an updatable graphic that is put up between matches from time to time to keep everyone (including the commentators) up to date on who won what, whether we watched it or not.

I'm calling Louffy vs Gackt for Grand Finals. Fuck it. I'd prefer Momochi's Ken get there, but I dunno. Louffy seems like he's got the eye of the tiger :)

For Marvel? Who the fuck knows. After yesterday, everyone knew one thing. And then it was the other thing.

ironmang

You can't expect more people to be interested in FGC when you have all these trolls dissing games and exhibiting child-like behavior.

FGC isn't nearly at the level where it could be. EVO is the biggest tournament that grows every year clearly but I can see why other people would be motivated to not want to be a part of this.

I'd say the FGC is doing pretty amazing as far as spectators to players goes. Weeklies regularly getting 10k+ viewers is insane. It might not touch LoL but let's be real, LoL has like 10 million active players. USF4 probably doesn't have 100k active online players.

Wasn't expecting pools. JB on the mic too, nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom