• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how do you not use Heavy Day for this promo? :(

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
BTHUmHz.gif

image.php

Cyrano

Oh, it wasn't a hostile question; I just wanted to know what you (or anyone else interested in chiming in) preferred about it.

I prefer Melee for a) gameplay (much more technical, more focused on aggression, less forgiving on recovery, a greater number of not-immediately-apparent mechanics) and b) storylines. Sm4sh won't ever have the former, and it just doesn't quite have the history to have the latter yet.

And I also like Skullgirls. I couldn't really get into Catherine because I had no idea what was going on and I was too invested in watching something else to watch that until I understood the game.
Oh, you were quite polite, I didn't think you were being hostile at all. Wonder if there's something wrong with my writing style now... ^^;

I don't really have a deep opinion of smash, it was never really a game I played that much, and while I liked watching most fighters, it did always strike me as a bit odd that I didn't enjoy watching smash as much as I did other fighters. So yeah, dunno what to say really. I tend to feel games out a lot more when it comes to enjoyment (especially when playing competitively), so actually describing that enjoyment is... difficult, to say the least.
Unsure. I'd love KBR for Marvel though since he's worked so hard for it. A JP winning would be great too. For SF, I'd like Aiai, Nemo, or Du to win.
I want Ai Ai to win but mostly because Juri is one of my mains. :p

KBR to win Marvel 3 is my hope too, if only because it's an emotional game and I feel like an emotional player winning it is appropriate.

missed pretty much all of EVO this year, and will likely miss a lot of finals today.

But damned if I'm not gonna try. I recognize very few people!

.la1n

Strange source looked amazing yesterday but Guilty Gear looks like butt today, well worth the money ;P

Gsnap

Continuing my conversation~

Haly: Abadango was quite fun, yes.

Oh, it wasn't a hostile question; I just wanted to know what you (or anyone else interested in chiming in) preferred about it.

I prefer Melee for a) gameplay (much more technical, more focused on aggression, less forgiving on recovery, a greater number of not-immediately-apparent mechanics) and b) storylines. Sm4sh won't ever have the former, and it just doesn't quite have the history to have the latter yet.

And I also like Skullgirls. I couldn't really get into Catherine because I had no idea what was going on and I was too invested in watching something else to watch that until I understood the game.

Right now I mainly prefer smash 4 because I like seeing the metagame evolve. It's at a point right now where there is a lot of character variety and you never know what you're going to see. It's kind of a shame that zero has become this unstoppable force, but even the. It doesn't keep people from getting to top 8 with a variety of characters and styles. I also feel like the game has a bit more depth than melee, without any of the major problems that plagued brawl. It's not as speedy or technical, but the physics are interesting and there a lot of dynamic stuff that can be done like pratfalls, footstools, ledge denials and other things. And the easier recovery helps a lot with making the edge game more dynamic (or at least it would if people were braver and went off the edge more). Denials keeping people from grabbing the ledge for 50 frames setting up combos, stage spikes etc. ledge snaps only having one vulnerable frame forcing super high precision on the defender leads to hype moments.

There's just a lot in the game to be excited about and a lot that people haven't really mastered yet and it'll be fun to see the game evolve and get more dynamic as players get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom