• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

It's not really fragmentation. My post was a joke but it's kind of true. The threads start to move as fast as twitch chat any it's hard to have any discussion that isn't about the main or second stream.

I don't care either way since IRC is the superior place for Evo discussion

What do you mean twitch chat is not the ideal form of discussion for all matters

mitchlol

So my timezone doesn't leave me many options to watch everything live so does anyone know if the streams will be archived? Specifically the USF4 pools/semi and finals. I have worked out that the USF4 finals start at Monday 9:30am (My local time) however I won't be home till around 10:20am so am I likely to miss everything in that hour?

RC

Banned
Him and my boy Poongko will wreck everyone's shit this year
poongko-o.gif

Poongko had the hypest entrance of all time.

I hope his Seth goes far this year.

Kumubou

Over the years, I've been getting less and less interested in fighitng games, to the point where I wonder if I would even bother with Evo this year. However, with the event in three days I'm now hype for ir... so here's another year. :p I'll be in Vegas Thursday and will probably be deep in the pits of waifu despair for most of the event with AnimEVO stuff. Come say hi (and come get bodied in something like Melty Blood).

fragmentation of the fgc showing it's head at evo gaf. rip
It's never really been unified. At best, it's more like a loose federation of loosely associated communities.

Over the years, I've been getting less and less interested in fighitng games, to the point where I wonder if I would even bother with Evo this year. However, with the event in three days I'm now hype for ir... so here's another year. :p I'll be in Vegas Thursday and will probably be deep in the pits of waifu despair for most of the event with AnimEVO stuff. Come say hi (and come get bodied in something like Melty Blood).

It's never really been unified. At best, it's more like a loose federation of loosely associated communities.

gonna start having multiple fgw threads now

i don't play fighters.
i barely follow the scene.

but goddamn do i love me some EVO. i pick a new favorite every year.

also fuck ChrisG, i think. does everyone still hate him?

Shouta

It's fine to split the side tournament games like AnimEVO, VS, CVS2 etc into it's own thread. Main tourney has a ton of games as is and this thread will be moving quickly. Label it accordingly and keep it on topic or it will be locked.

Pappasman

Welp. Found out I have to work this weekend.

RIP the dream/stream.

Wish I could have gone again. Last year was so much fun.

i don't play fighters.
i barely follow the scene.

but goddamn do i love me some EVO. i pick a new favorite every year.

also fuck ChrisG, i think. does everyone still hate him?

Nah not really. He's just as good but Marvel has kind of faded so people don't pay much attention anymore. I think many are rooting for him to finally take this last MvC3 evo actually.

entremet

I used to love EVO back in the early SFIV days. I'm a bit done with Marvel 3/SFIV, so I've been skipping the recent ones.

Can't wait for SFV to reinvigorate the scene for me again.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
As I've said before in the FGW. Don't think Daigo or Chris G will win. Mango will but I think it will be his toughest year yet. He honestly didn't look like the EVO champ when I last saw him. Justin looks as dominate as ever. Ultra is a huge tossup. SonicFox will probably win a bunch of games and Ogawa will take Xrd probably easily.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
w00t, I am hype.

I'm trying to get into watching more competitive stuff, I've been interested since I saw Wong v Daigo, but how do I keep up with it outside of Evo? Are there other competitions, do I just watch these guys on YouTube or streaming (what do they post if not from tourneys), any tips? I want like a gaming SportsCenter so I can get some general knowledge of what's going on.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
As I've said before in the FGW. Don't think Daigo or Chris G will win. Mango will but I think it will be his toughest year yet. He honestly didn't look like the EVO champ when I last saw him. Justin looks as dominate as ever. Ultra is a huge tossup. SonicFox will probably win a bunch of games and Ogawa will take Xrd probably easily.

If Mango actually plays like this then maybe he will take it. He's been pretty on-and-off recently though, and Leffen has had his number. Kind of expecting him to get upset, but at the same time I don't want to underestimate him because he's Mango.

And if a side tournament thread is made, Project M starts on Saturday at 12:30 and is being streamed by AZProjectMelee.

God I can't believe it's time again already. I hate that I couldn't get a main stage pass this year, but it's still gonna be awesome anyways. Hopefully a GAF meet up does happen. If anyone from last year recognizes me do say hi...otherwise I probably won't notice you tbh =.=;

Even if I wanted to, my WiiU's power adapter is missing. :|

I'm bringing mine, we could have some practice rounds.

Azure J

Gonna have to grind max rank for Splatfest real urley then quit to get in on EVO Saturday on time.

I want to see Marn win against ChrisG again so that this image may be relevant once more:
fJHygEI.png

The fact that Team Trenchcoat is used for the base of the photoshop makes it all so vintage. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom