• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so disappointed I couldnt go this year. Ill be there next year for sure to compete in SF5! This weekend all I will be doing is watching this stream! Its going to be glorious!

GAF peeps heading to Evo, if y'all haven't checked my million posts in FGW

Gonna try and hold a hang out in my room Thursday night with some Ultra, if someone wants to bring a 360 with Ultra I can just bring my monitor, if not I'll bring my PS3/Ultra (though hope y'all have dual modded sticks/gamepads if so)

Hit me up on Thursday once I'm there and we get our room and I'll give info and can settle on a time for people to start heading in.

Ikon

I expected to enter this thread to see how hype everyone is.

All I see is the same old bickering about which version of SF/Marvel/Smash people should be playing. Talk about boring.

You guys are really mean to Smash D: but I guess it's an acquired taste like fighting games in general.

You could at least be respectful and acknowledge it as a fighting game though...

GAF peeps heading to Evo, if y'all haven't checked my million posts in FGW

Gonna try and hold a hang out in my room Thursday night with some Ultra, if someone wants to bring a 360 with Ultra I can just bring my monitor, if not I'll bring my PS3/Ultra (though hope y'all have dual modded sticks/gamepads if so)

Hit me up on Thursday once I'm there and we get our room and I'll give info and can settle on a time for people to start heading in.

I'll try and hit you up on Twitter tomorrow when I fly in.

sinxtanx

If you do not enjoy my preferred games and more importantly do not attack my disliked games you are behaving MOST ILLEGALLY and will go to jail for crimes.

These crimes:
  • the fuck, man?
  • obey me

I'm looking forward to good times with pals watching EVO. Not so much looking forward to USFIV which I find to be quite shit but I'll watch it with friends.

Is Smash that bad? I was going to make an effort to watch it this year.

Is there a strong favorite winner for Melee?
How's the wiiu smash ? Is it more balanced ?

Noaloha

There's no EU-friendly restreams or anything this year right? Like, rebroadcasting the 'live' show during the 12 hours of overnight (local) downtime? As an Evo lover in the EU, I just don't know how much longer I can puzzle through the annual fucking acute prolonged nocturnal shift that this event demands. I assume twitch archives are subscriber only, but even then I think that's a crappy option for Europe-that-can't-be-awake-6pm-to-8am. A dedicated sister-channel for each official stream to cater to EU crowd would be so wonderful and friendly and really engender further community.

DNAbro

no, it's not. I find melee way more interesting and hype than SF or even Marvel. Wii U smash is slower though and not as interesting to watch.

Tripon

There's no EU-friendly restreams or anything this year right? Like, rebroadcasting the 'live' show during the 12 hours of overnight (local) downtime? As an Evo lover in the EU, I just don't know how much longer I can puzzle through the annual fucking acute prolonged nocturnal shift that this event demands. I assume twitch archives are subscriber only, but even then I think that's a crappy option for Europe-that-can't-be-awake-6pm-to-8am. A dedicated sister-channel for each official stream to cater to EU crowd would be so wonderful and friendly and really engender further community.
Twitch archives can be viewed right after stream ends

Riposte

Well, I hope this year people who don't like certain games truly don't watch during that time, since no one is forcing them, and shitpost up the thread.

Tripon

How long are they usually up for? I missed a lot of last year's EVO and was never able to find a way of watching it.
60 days, but by that time, all the vods are ripped and put up on YouTube somewhere, by EVO or somebody who wanted to make sure they were out there.

Just type in EVO [game of chance]

Guymelef

Namco fails if it is not out by then.

Remember.
BstSsj9.png

Revven

It's not, people who say it's bad are being very hyperbolic. There's no reason to not give it a chance.

There's a few different people who could take Melee but right now Leffen is the favorite going in because he's won the last three American majors of the summer so far and has looked the most consistent. Then there's an uncertain player, PPMD, who hasn't gone to anything since he won Apex at the beginning of the year. Either of those two are the favorite depending on you talk to with Mang0, Armada, Hbox, and others closely behind them. It's a very player-focused competitive game in the sense that if you follow the players and know the stories, the game becomes that much more intense and exciting to watch. It also helps that the gameplay, for the most part, is fast-paced (with some exceptions).

In regards to Smash 4, it's too early to say if it's "more balanced" but balance isn't even the reason people scoff at either game. However, Smash 4 for EVO will have customs on so it's going to be wacky to watch and likely look a bit janky compared to customs off. I would still watch it anyway since it's the largest tournament for it so far that has customs on in a time where people could be withholding custom technology (as in, stuff people aren't aware of that works that could bring about advantages in matches and such) similarly to how Marvel players hid stuff until EVO a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom