• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's convenient that the smash finals are at supper time. Don't have to worry about missing anything when I get some grub.

Syntsui

vcGIiwP.jpg

What a shame. In the end, still, the top 8 will be dominated by asian players.

Currently on the train to get there! Won't arrive for another 9 hours or so though. And then have 8am pools tomorrow :(

My tag is Leaf, and I'll be entering Smash 4, Pokken, Melee, and SFV btw

jett

D-Member
What a shame. In the end, still, the top 8 will be dominated by asian players.

Even with these shenanigans, MURICA got little/no chance. They really dropped the ball with SFV, if they were going to ever win SF at Evo, this year would have been it with SFV fresh. But nope, nobody put in the required work to beat the AZN INVASION.

I finaly made it to Vegas last night after a 20+ hour drive. Collapsed in my room in the Golden Nugget because me & mine were so exhausted. But we're here!!! I just hope they have wifi at the convention center so I can do my salty betting

thelastword

Banned
Daigo will not win EVO, however, I see many people focusing on guys like Kaz and the main Japanese players, but it may not even be sako that eliminates infiltration, or Xiao hai that eliminates daigo, it may be an unknown that we've never heard of before. I think this tournament will be one for new blood, newly discovered killers and that's what I'm looking forward to most of all, exciting play.

I personally want a gief to do extremely well, if there's a gief that's better than snakeyez, infexious, brick etc...I'd love to see his strategy against the cast. I think Tokido will do extremely well maybe even take it, but I want SonicFox to win this thing, I hope he has been hitting the lab.

Syntsui

Daigo will not win EVO, however, I see many people focusing on guys like Kaz and the main Japanese players, but it may not even be sako that eliminates infiltration, or Xiao hai that eliminates daigo, it may be an unknown that we've never heard of before. I think this tournament will be one for new blood, newly discovered killers and that's what I'm looking forward to most of all, exciting play.

I personally want a gief to do extremely well, if there's a gief that's better than snakeyez, infexious, brick etc...I'd love to see his strategy against the cast. I think Tokido will do extremely well maybe even take it, but I want SonicFox to win this thing, I hope he has been hitting the lab.

We had several majors proving this will not be the case. The usual guys are dominating the game.

Daigo will not win EVO, however I see many people focusing on guys like Kaz and the main Japanese players, but it may not even be sako that eliminates infiltration, or Xiao hai that eliminates daigo, it may be an unknown that we've never heard of. I think this tournament will be a one for new blood, newly discovered killers and that's what I'm looking forward to most of all, exciting play.

Itabashi Zangief is the best Gief in the world right now and I assume he's going to EVO. Stupendous, a Gief from WNF, is also really good and did very well at CEO.

I have no idea what Snake's gonna do. He's been flip flopping between Gief and Alex and then played only Ryu at WNF last night (at least I think so, didn't watch the whole thing). I highly doubt Snake gets bopped in pools, but who knows how well he'll do or who he'll even play. Still rooting for him all the same because I love watching him play.

Warxard

Banned
Reality: Infiltration will win SFV EVO

Dream: Nuckledu will rise up and liberate the USA

KI Top 8 fascinates the fuck out of me. With Rico being vexed by the League of Legends devil, it's either time for GutterMagic to be the bride or ANYONE else will snipe him. Nicky, Thompxson, Sleep, Pink Diamond

I really fucking want Pink Diamond to win. For the culture.

Dai101

Banned
KI Top 8 fascinates the fuck out of me. With Rico being vexed by the League of Legends devil, it's either time for GutterMagic to be the bride or ANYONE else will snipe him. Nicky, Thompxson, Sleep, Pink Diamond

I really fucking want Pink Diamond to win. For the culture.

It was really something. I also love how varied KI is and is greaty to see the game bringing the hype.

That would be something for the ages, hope she does great.

Line_HTX

UltraChenTV ‏@UltraChenTV 6m6 minutes ago

The #Evo2016 PrEVO Show will air tonight on @Evo's official main stream http://twitch.tv/srkevo1 Intro starts at 7:30pm PT, we go on at 8pm!

UltraChen was supposed to have a live audience show at Sayers Club, but they got cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom