• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Pretty bad name, without any obvious connection to gaming.

I'll still subscribe with the hope of getting "retrospectives" back.

UrbanRats

I'm hating this patreon interface.
How do i even get to the stretch goal page? Creator posts/Patreon Posts is all i can see now.
Clicking on their banner/avatar does nothing.

Zafir

I think they've sensibly put their regular streaming schedule after when they would likely be finished from work if they do get other jobs. Hopefully we get some friendly time ones at some point though!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, as I said, can't really be helped until they get themselves off the ground. Which I really hope they do. The 6PM ones also coincide with their previous streaming schedule too.

I suppose we're lucky they didn't get laid off closer to E3. Right now they've had time to prepare, get their shit organised and start setting things up in time for June (Final Bets - WOOO!). We'd have gotten nothing if Defy Media axed them a month or two prior.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Pledged 10 dollars to the team and something I don't usually do with such donations to mostly gaming related stuff bar a few Kickstarters. The team deserves a good build up with the awesome content they have done for years with GT and how much content they've done for me. Glad it's all going well for them!

wiibomb

How do i even get to the stretch goal page? Creator posts/Patreon Posts is all i can see now.

I had to sign out to check the description page.

since I pledged from the very moment I loaded the page, I didn't had the chance to check the page description until recently

GlamFM

Banned

Subscriber Song - $200 per month
The New Couch - $800 per month
Production Equipment - $1,000 per month
A Respectable Gaming PC - $2,000 per month
Mike Huber’s New Show - $4,000 per month
The Return of our D & D Adventure - $6,000 per month
Ian Hinck’s New Show - $8,000 per month
A Second Podcast - $10,000 per month
Reviews Reborn - $15,000 per month
Michael Damiani’s New Show - $20,000 per month
The Return of Retrospectives - $30,000 per month
A New Studio - $50,000 per month

Hasney

So will there be a podcast this week? Will Thursday's be made whole again?

They'll probably clear some things up during the stream. Maybe not everything though since I'm not entirely sure they thought they'd have funding for every single show they asked for that wasn't a Damiani joint.

Tankard

Did they say anything about Matt? Was he not interested, has he found a better venue?

I'm interested to know about it too, I confess not having watched a lot of content with him, but i always liked his insights on GT Time and a few other content.

Naythan

Did they say anything about Matt? Was he not interested, has he found a better venue?

Looks like Matt is on a different path but they are on good terms. Honestly it makes sense from the perspective that everyone involved now was a big part of their personality based programming. Matt was there behind the scenes and on GT time but he never seemed completely comfortable in front of the camera, especially not on a regular basis.

They either have a lot of rich fans of a lot of fans without many financial responsibilities. I'm not saying this in a bitter way, but it just surprises me that some people put 25 or more dollars a month for stuff like this.

sad to see matt is not on board, but I wish him the best if he got another job, he is a great person.

He really is great and I liked that he sometimes put a different perspective on things. He'll be missed.

Do we know what the situation is with Don? I know he said "maybe in a month" in the announcement video, but But is there anything more specific yet?

Hasney

They either have a lot of rich fans of a lot of fans without much responsibilities. I'm not saying this in a bitter way, but it just surprises me that some people put 25 or more dollars a month for stuff like this.

Why? I watched them more than I did any premium cable service, so it was a no brainer.

Zomba13

Super hyped for this. Not patreoned yet because of money stuffs etc but I think at the least I can throw in $1 or 2 without it impacting anything on my end.

Looking forward to seeing what the Bosman show ends up looking like. I imagine it'll keep the same format but I just mean the presentation, the music, background, desk, suit etc. It could just be a super casual thing or could be more "professional" like the Final Bosman was.

Tankard

On twitch chat:

Chocoboether24: also @Bradborne and @Easyallies what is ur reaction to the support so far?! looking pretty good right lol

bradborne: @Chocoboether24 I'm speechless

Axass

They either have a lot of rich fans of a lot of fans without many financial responsibilities. I'm not saying this in a bitter way, but it just surprises me that some people put 25 or more dollars a month for stuff like this.

Or maybe people simply value different things.

GlamFM

Banned

That´s 300$ a year.... I mean.... c´mon.... "rich"?

Alucrid

Banned

it's $25 a month. that's not that much.

Vinc

I watch their content and like it way more than Netflix and NHL Gamecenter, and I subscribe to both of those services. I also used to have cable... CABLE. I value their content way more than anything on cable. It's not even close.

sinxtanx

names are stupid

Super Best Friends - kids cartoon
Kinda Funny - comedy circuit
Giant Bomb - weapons manufacturer
Red Letter Media - right wing publishing house
NeoGAF - farm equipment
Alphabet - they make that soup, right?

wiibomb

If I had to decide between this and my cable provider, I would totally be with EZA, I watched more GT than anything else on youtube or TV on a weekly basis.

crimilde

Banned

I'd rather give them 20-25 dollars a month than spend it in one night on some drinks in a pub.

Top Bottom