• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

Im guessing they'll be relying heavily on twitch for most of their stuff since its easy. Not a fan of watch people play games so ill pass on their twitch streams but i subbed to the youtube channel! Cant wait for the actual good stuff to start showing up
Their shows are my favourite thing (aside from E3 stream) but some of the streams they do are best in the biz. Bens RE3 full playthrough is probably my favourite let's play of all time.

imBask

Banned
UnsungFavorableAustraliancurlew.gif

serious question : I don't know much about the GT guys, but is this segment representative of the GT crew?

Portugeezer

Gold Member
serious question : I don't know much about the GT guys, but is this segment representative of the GT crew?

Yes, they are more known for their enthusiasm rather that the cynicism that is common. Nothing wrong with that, but I think people got tired of the whole angry/grumpy/only critical style of thinking.

wiibomb

mostly, yeah.

do you see that guy jumping around all exited?? yup, that's him alright, Mike Huber is one of the most exited beings about videogames I have ever seen on the Internet, he just love them.

the man on his left is Kyle Bosman, he is really creative, weird and thoughtful man on the crew, one of the most beloved because of his Final Bosman Segment, he is also cautiously optimistic and deeply loves conferences as well as any videogame hype around

sora87

Have they explained anywhere how they came up with the name yet?

Huber likes to say "uneasy alliance" a lot when playing games lol, it just stuck and everyone started saying it, I'm guessing it's from that

Not really? They are genuinely excited about games but they don't jump around and scream, this was a rare case, Huber's been depressed about Shenmue not having an ending for like a decade, he'd come to work some days looking mopey and someone would ask him what's wrong, he'd reply with "just thinking about shenmue". His joy here is genuine but it's not a common thing they do.

Sami+

Hm so even if everyone was employed full time right now, $20k a month adds up to $240k a year, and split six ways that's $40k salary per person. Minus fees and equipment of course. On the low end but honestly for a company that JUST started, not bad at all. If they're able to double their income over the next year that's a really respectable amount of money for everyone involved. I'm really excited. :)

imBask

Banned
Alright thanks. I really liked Brandon Jones on the latest Kinda Funny Games, but the over exagerated hype from that E3 really turned me off to these guys... There's a difference between being positive and jumping on your chair... i'll check them out anyhow, but I don't know mannnn

They either have a lot of rich fans of a lot of fans without many financial responsibilities. I'm not saying this in a bitter way, but it just surprises me that some people put 25 or more dollars a month for stuff like this.

Dude GT was the hope of the gaming universe. I don't want to be in a gaming industry without em.

Tankard

Alright thanks. I really liked Brandon Jones on the latest Kinda Funny Games, but the over exagerated hype from that E3 really turned me off to these guys... There's a difference between being positive and jumping on your chair... i'll check them out anyhow, but I don't know mannnn

Well, not everything is for everybody. And it's not over exagerated hype, it's that you are growing maybe accustomed with a lot of cynism nowadays.

wiibomb

Alright thanks. I really liked Brandon Jones on the latest Kinda Funny Games, but the over exagerated hype from that E3 really turned me off to these guys... i'll check them out anyhow, but I don't know mannnn

I can completely tell you that was not "over exagerated" these guys went on and talked about these events for months, it was their legitimate reaction.

Huber has been waiting for that game for over a decade he was pretty justified in losing his mind, they dont normally act like they theyre just really nice positive people.

Sami+

To be fair there's not much to exaggerate when it's FF7 Remake followed by Shenmue 3.

Dineren

Banned

I haven't watched a lot of GT, but I've hopped into some streams after the closure and watched a few of their streams while GT was still around and I haven't seen them act like that anywhere else. I think it was just an E3 thing.

RiverKwai

It kinda is, and at the same time, it's pretty exaggerated in this one instance. The guys are all really into games. They are also easily excited (esp. Huber). This particular instance is a culmination of years and years of fandom and hype and belief and disappointment and speculation. They also frequently "bet" on things like this and Huber went nuts last year and lost it a little when all his dreams kinda came true.

They don't always go nuts and jump around on furniture, but when they do, it's because they are legitimately that excited. They are genuine and probably the least cynical video games site there was. And that's why we all want them back.

I have yet to read of a return of The Final Bosman. Anyone have info?

It'll be on the easy allies channel but it's existing separate from patreon support. Also it wont be called Final Bosman Defy wouldnt let him keep the name, I'd imagine itll still be the same type of show though

Piers

but I think people got tired of the whole angry/grumpy/only critical style of thinking.

I know I am!
It shouldn't be easier to explain why a game is bad than why it is good.
Edit: Coming from someone who, today, talked about why Patreon is a bad idea and now everything is doomed.

I have yet to read of a return of The Final Bosman. Anyone have info?

He's doing a casual bosman show on the side that isn't tied to any of the EZA rewards. He also won't be able to call it the final bosman for legal reasons. EZA will be hosting his show on their youtube though.

Edit: Also in regards to people jumping on chairs at E3 time, at least part of it the excitement has to go into the group atmosphere. If everyone else around you is super excited and jumping it's easier to get into the excitement like they did. It kind of feeds on itself.

I want it to hit 30k so badly.

Get me those sweet sweet retrospectives!

Will their podcast be hosted by Bosman? Or do we not know yet? I thought he was a great host on GT Time.

Bane

I'm with you, what people call cynicism from other sites I call having experience and knowing how the real world is. People can love video games but still acknowledge the bad parts of it. I'm happy for these guys and their fans, and do hope they can start up retrospectives again, but that shit just keeps me away for the most part.

Yeah, they genuinely know and love video games. They're sharp and honest too, though. There's just no know-it-all pomp or born-yesterday disregard about it.

Hasney

I'm really interested to see the numbers their stream gets, considering Huber alone got over 1k when he started

Have you seen how many people are in the chat already?! might not pick up to the max number until the US prime time, but I think it's going to be big overall.

Already: 7,307 views and 3,888 favourites. That's insane since they haven't streamed anything at all yet. Must be the most subbed channel with no streams ever of all time too.

timmyp53

I think the stream will get it up there. Don't see it hitting 50 though (see 35/40 ish).
You know at first I doubted 30,000 but you know I'm actually of the mind that 50000 could happen eventually at this pace. Having their own studio would be amazing.

lingpanda

He's doing a casual bosman show on the side that isn't tied to any of the EZA rewards. He also won't be able to call it the final bosman for legal reasons. EZA will be hosting his show on their youtube though.

Edit: Also in regards to people jumping on chairs at E3 time, at least part of it the excitement has to go into the group atmosphere. If everyone else around you is super excited and jumping it's easier to get into the excitement like they did. It kind of feeds on itself.
Thanks for the info from everyone. If I back the EZA, it's the same as backing Kyle?

UrbanRats

For context, Huber (jumping up and down) is a huge Shenmue fan.
It's not like they're screaming and jumping at every other announcement.

They're enthusiastic people, but they're not playing it up or anything, which is the important part, as far as i'm concerned.

The "exagerated hype" was really only from the FFVII Remake and Shenmue 3 announcement. Both games they are highly anticipating.

Their game coverage isn't pure over-exagerated hype. They are critical and analytical too. They just happen to be more positive in general.

Their shows are my favourite thing (aside from E3 stream) but some of the streams they do are best in the biz. Bens RE3 full playthrough is probably my favourite let's play of all times.
Its not something against them specifically, i just find the whole aspect of live streams to be incredibly boring. Even tornuments dont hold my attention that long; ill watch a few rounds and then i get bored of it. Which is why while I'm happy that they're back, I'm fully prepared to be disappointed since im fully expecting most of their focus will go on twitch

sora87

Thanks for the info from everyone. If I back the EZA, it's the same as backing Kyle?

Yes, Kyle's a part of EZA

I'm with you, what people call cynicism from other sites I call having experience and knowing how the real world is. People can love video games but still acknowledge the bad parts of it. I'm happy for these guys and their fans, and do hope they can start up retrospectives again, but that shit just keeps me away for the most part.

When a game deserves to be criticised they will, it's not like they give everything a free pass because they don't wanna be cynical.
Their general demeanor is just more happier than most gaming media crews, which I appreciate and connect with.

Motooni

Aw yea, just worked out The Final Bosman was a play on 'Final Boss'... I wonder what his new show might be called.

Read some good suggestions on here about the new outfits name (obv. now known as EZA). I wonder if they had other choices that were invalid/already taken.

KRaZyAmmo

I wonder if anyone has a png of the EZA logo. (also like I said if I had my own income, this is the Pateron I'd support the hell out of)

Wife gave me the go ahead to support them and I became a "producer." I don't watch TV, I don't watch many movies, and I don't spend too much on anything but video games. This is perfect =)

Hasney

Wife gave me the go ahead to support them and I became a "producer." I don't watch TV, I don't watch many movies, and I don't spend too much on anything but video games. This is perfect =)

Think Brandon will regret saying he'll read all the names out of that tier once a month :D

Top Bottom