• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

Hasney

If every Twitch subscriber used the money on Patreon instead we would be quite close to 30k :d.

Not that I personally care too much. The retrospectives are cool but not something I really need from them.

From what I saw in chat, a lot of people are double dipping too.

553 Twitch subscribers confirmed. Very good result, GT bitches be loyal.

I'm sure early on they were saying 300 was around how many they had at GT. Madness. Or something around 300 being a big deal back then.

Well it's 553 people paying 5$ monthly to support them in addition to the Patreon funds (even if Twitch takes a big cut).

Somebody says twitch takes 50 percent? That's borderline bullshit. In that case people should have used that twitch money on patreon. Since they take a smaller cut than the highway robbery twitch does.

How many subs did they reach?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Watch his videos, like, subscribe, share, etc. They will be separate from EZA, so there's that.

I read in this thread that his videos are now going to be part of EZA, despite his original words? But I never saw anything concrete confirming it. Perhaps someone in here can confirm or deny that.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
They will be uploaded on EZA channels, just seperated from the patreon.

sappyday

I read in this thread that his videos are now going to be part of EZA, despite his original words? But I never saw anything concrete confirming it. Perhaps someone in here can confirm or deny that.
It'll be part of EZA. It'll just be a more casual version of it. But this is Bosman we're talking about. He could end up doing something different entirely.

Hasney

Somebody says twitch takes 50 percent? That's borderline bullshit. In that case people should have used that twitch money on patreon. Since they take a smaller cut than the highway robbery twitch does.

They take 40%, which is still bad, but a lot of people subbing were double dipping from the Patreon anyway. Gotta get dem emotes!

Accoun

They take 40%, which is still bad, but a lot of people subbing were double dipping from the Patreon anyway. Gotta get dem emotes!
Doesn't Twitch have different (more to the streamer) rates for the most popular streamers, or was it Youtube?

ISee

I'm quiet happy about their patreon campaign doing well and I'm also willing to keep on supporting them (and I know 5 bucks aren't much) but to be honest I really don't care about them playing games live on twitch and I hope they won't put too much effort into it (and I understand that they need to do it).
I just want some descent shows and game coverage (reviews/impressions).

Hasney

I'm quiet happy about their patreon campaign doing well and I'm also willing to keep on supporting them (and I know 5 bucks aren't much) but to be honest I really don't care about them playing games live on twitch and I hope they won't put too much effort into it (and I understand that they need to do it).

So all the show stuff is still be worked out because they weren't expecting to hit them all in one day, so they're going to thrash out a production schedule. Bloodworth mentioned that they'd look to review 4 games a month for now too, especially as Brandon is going to be quite busy getting everything done now.

Streaming was a good deal for them at GT, a lot of the community was built from the Twitch chat so no doubt it will be a big thing.

First podcast is this Wednesday though, can't wait, it's been a huge gap in my week!

ISee

So all the show stuff is still be worked out because they weren't expecting to hit them all in one day, so they're going to thrash out a production schedule. Bloodworth mentioned that they'd look to review 4 games a month for now too, especially as Brandon is going to be quite busy getting everything done now.

Streaming was a good deal for them at GT, a lot of the community was built from the Twitch chat so no doubt it will be a big thing.

First podcast is this Wednesday though, can't wait, it's been a huge gap in my week!

Thx for the heads up looking forward to the podcast :). Also ~4 reviews a month is more then I expected tbh.

At least they're getting that money now, now like before when it was going to scummy Defy.

They just passed 3k backers on Patreon, I was 3001 (or 3002 or 3003, going up pretty fast so not sure :)

First time I backed anything, I really feel strongly about this.

I never watched their streams, however. I really hope they start producing shows, but I'll be happy with just the podcast to start with.

ISee

They just passed 3k backers on Patreon, I was 3001 (or 3002 or 3003, going up pretty fast so not sure :)

First time I backed anything, I really feel strongly about this.

I never watched their streams, however. I really hope they start producing shows, but I'll be happy with just the podcast to start with.

Welcome to the club. The amount of first time backers they manage to mobilise (including me) is a bit astonishing.

I still wish they'd somehow be able to deliver the audio version early. I mean, I'm backing them to get the podcast done at all, but it still kinda sucks not being able to take advantage of the reward (schedule and stuff). But I suppose it won't be possible without a proper account system and that stuff takes time and whatever.

Either way, GT Time is back Easy Allies podcast, baby!

DKHF

I still wish they'd somehow be able to deliver the audio version early. I mean, I'm backing them to get the podcast done at all, but it still kinda sucks not being able to take advantage of the reward (schedule and stuff). But I suppose it won't be possible without a proper account system and that stuff takes time and whatever.

If someone hasn't already suggested it to them they could do what Kinda Funny does with their early audio podcasts, which is giving backers a link to the SoundCloud page for the episode where they can download the mp3 or stream it early. But if they've already said it will be audio only then disregard that advice.

Karu

Kinda Funny puts their audio on soundcloud and they can deliver them early. Dunno what's the hang up is with iTunes, but there would be a solution... (or did I miss something and they can't deliver because of other technical reasons?)

Hasney

Kinda Funny puts their audio on soundcloud and they can deliver them early. Dunno what's the hang up is with iTunes, but there would be a solution... (or did I miss something and they can't deliver because of other technical reasons?)

If it's on iTunes, it's on iTunes. They can't hide it. It might come up with an audio version, but if not, shout in the comments when the video goes up and I'm sure they will at some point going forward.

SoundCloud might not be the best solution what with their recent issues though. Not sure what else could be used.

Engell

same here, would like a GT-time style show, reviews, previews and opinions... I'm more into playing the games myself, not so much into watching other people playing.

hlhbk

Woo! Only $1000 to go! Get er done!

IxLb.png

I'm on vacation so I haven't been able to be a part of the conversation, but I'm extremely excited for the patreon's success and will soon add my contribution.

They deserve this.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
YES LOL!!! holy hell that Allies Assemble video on youtube is one of the funniest things i've seen on youtube for WEEKS

These guys got the gift. I'm in. 1100%

Fuckin kyle sleepin in boxes!! XD XD XD

*YOU DIED*
"...... little bit."

"SOPHIE"

Bloodworth just loungin!! Best news is best. Made my day. So happy to have you guys back in my daily.

Thx for the heads up looking forward to the podcast :). Also ~4 reviews a month is more then I expected tbh.

They will also be doing 2 podcasts a week. (10,000 goal)

So there will atlas be that.

It may be a more OT podcast, but considering how gaming news is, they could essentially be giving us 2 GT EZ Times a week!

Top Bottom