• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

Twentieth

I'm curious if they plan to break the podcast down topic by topic like KF does with the Gamescast (more views) or upload the entire thing on Friday.

I hope they split it when uploading to YouTube. It's more revenue for them and it's easier to find stuff you wanna hear. Those who want the entire thing can just download the audio.

EpicBox

I'm considering the $5 pledge just so I can interact with the podcast.

But this has reminded me why I don't watch gaming streams. Christ, it's boring watching other people play a game.

8 PLAYER LIVE SMASH HYPE!

But this has reminded me why I don't watch gaming streams. Christ, it's boring watching other people play a game.
I generally agree... the Indiana Jones discussion they just had is the sort of thing that separates these guys (for me) though. It's not just them goofing around with 8 STOCK SMASH , but offering impromptu reviews of other games in the flow of conversation.

Fbh

I really like these guys, I'm super excited to see them back and I'm part of the patreon.
But yeah, I'm supporting for the podcast and shows. Streams just aren't my thing.

But hey, more support to them means more content besides streams (at this point we are already looking at an extra podcast, reviews and shows by Bosman, Huber, Ian and Damiani), so consider giving your support if you can afford it.

fastmower

8 PLAYER LIVE SMASH HYPE!

I generally agree... the Indiana Jones discussion they just had is the sort of thing that separates these guys (for me) though. It's not just them goofing around with 8 STOCK SMASH , but offering impromptu reviews of other games in the flow of conversation.

Hit the nail on the head.

21k party

Qe2lWIQ.gif

White people, yo.
We got no rhythm :( .

Holy shit at $24K! Good for them!

VanWinkle

I pledged, and I'm really excited, but I'm sort of bummed that the Bosman show won't be on there. I'll be honest when I say that his show was the main thing I watched on GT. It's awesome that he's still technically going to do it, but from what he said, it might not be a consistently-released thing. :-(

Unfortunately I'm not interested in game streams. And that seems like a big part.

I pledged, and I'm really excited, but I'm sort of bummed that the Bosman show won't be on there. I'll be honest when I say that his show was the main thing I watched on GT. It's awesome that he's still technically going to do it, but from what he said, it might not be a consistently-released thing. :-(

Unfortunately I'm not interested in game streams. And that seems like a big part.

Read the fine print. Bosman is doing the show regardless of Patreon and EZA is hosting t.

RedAssedApe

Banned

same here. i like their shows and specials for conferences and bets. watching guys play video games doesn't really interest me regardless of who it is since i'd prefer to just be playing the games myself. hope the focus is more on original content and not live streaming gameplay. then again i guess if they do both everyone is happy.

wait...who's the guy next to Brandon? someone I should know?

aj. i dunno what else he's done besides voice marty mcfly in BTTF telltale game haha

I've always thought the "say your name out loud" rewards in these kind of things were silly. I can't imagine caring if it actually happens, let alone whether other people bother listening.
I wouldn't care either, but somebody else probably does. Why else even mention it as a reward to entice more donations then?

Don't really want to dwell on the topic just the whole point is that I was agreeing with the one guy who said it didn't seem to be the greatest idea, but whatever it really isn't that important.

Spman2099

Depending on the amount of content uploaded I'm sure it would be a healthy padding though.

every 1000 views on youtube roughly translates to $2-$3 in ad revenue. If they had like 35 videos a month on youtube. with each week with an average of 20,000 views each(low estimate). Then they could net over 700 dollars a month from youtube alone.

I'm pretty damn optimistic. I gotta remember to turn off my adblock when viewing their content.

Sure, but I hope they use that money to make all their lives a little easier. The goals on their patreon look a little aggressive to me, I am hoping they can use that padding to make sure things go smooth for all the individuals involved.

Spman2099

My god... we are actually going to hit the retrospectives goal...

*Edit*

Sorry for the double posted, I wasn't thinking when I posted this. I forgot that I had just commented...

timmyp53

Sure, but I hope they use that money to make all their lives a little easier. The goals on their patreon look a little aggressive to me, I am hoping they can use that padding to make sure things go smooth for all the individuals involved.

Yeah Patreon subs should be the base. Everything else like twitch/youtube subs and monetization should go towards all the extra baggage that comes with providing content daily.

Some new equipment will be essential and saving for what they think will provide better experience will be good.

Even if they don't reach 50,000 the right equipment can make all the difference in providing that professional looking content like the good ol days.

They could always do make shift renovations on Brandons living room lolol

timmyp53

I also do not watch twitch streams but their shows are the best and that is why i pledge on their patreon account.

They will have content that isn't streams. Their streams will help them do the content you probably want! Like reviews, retrospective, video podcasts, etc. Not to mention Kyles going to being his own show as well.

My god... we are actually going to hit the retrospectives goal...

*Edit*

Sorry for the double posted, I wasn't thinking when I posted this. I forgot that I had just commented...
Got caught up in that hype. It's cool.

farisr

I hope they figure out a better setup for their group streams, so we can see them more clearly but still have the gameplay/other conten on screen be clear as well. Something like giantbomb would be ideal, and the equipment does cost a few grand (but it's a one time thing). I think the main issue would be how often will they be doing the group streams (whether it'd be worth it to invest in this setup) and how complicated would such a setup be to operate.

Edit: Also thought of another one. Something like the one videogames awesome (farfromsubtle) uses could be great too and probably costs less to setup.
is the 12 hour stream done? 25k in one day is amazing :D

3 hours left still.

I hope they split it when uploading to YouTube. It's more revenue for them and it's easier to find stuff you wanna hear. Those who want the entire thing can just download the audio.

Not true, actually. Revenue is calculated based on watchtime, so they'll make the same amount if someone watches five cut-up videos vs one full length one. In fact, if it's a really long video and people watch the whole thing, that will help boost its search ranking.

timmyp53

Not true, actually. Revenue is calculated based on watchtime, so they'll make the same amount if someone watches five cut-up videos vs one full length one. In fact, if it's a really long video and people watch the whole thing, that will help boost its search ranking.

As long as they put out some good sized content they will be good. They got a lot of things they can work into their schedule. I'm sure they'll be sitting down soon and figuring it all out. As for the pledge withdrawals. I don't think it'll be that harsh. A couple thousand at most. Lets just work on that 30,000 goal for now!!!

If every Twitch subscriber used the money on Patreon instead we would be quite close to 30k :d.

Not that I personally care too much. The retrospectives are cool but not something I really need from them.

If every Twitch subscriber used the money on Patreon instead we would be quite close to 30k :d.

Not that I personally care too much. The retrospectives are cool but not something I really need from them.

It's a bit of a shame in that Twitch takes a lot more of that $5 than Patreon would.

Top Bottom