• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

timmyp53

Stream hype may have killed Patreon. It's down.

Probably unrelated, but still.

It'd be nice if monthly youtube/twitch monetization and subs would go towards patreon goals but it's only the first day ! I believe we can still hit 30,000. Is there any analytics/ graphs to show patreon project trends after launches?

The whole Patreon website is down.
Come on Patreon...

LiK

It'd be nice if monthly youtube/twitch monetization and subs would go towards patreon goals but it's only the first day ! I believe we can still hit 30,000. Is there any analytics/ graphs to show patreon project trends after launches?

They usually go up from what I've seen. Never seen one I supported drop off unless the creator decides to quit making stuff.

timmyp53

They usually go up from what I've seen. Never seen one I supported drop off unless the creator decides to quit making stuff.

EZA studio goal confirmed!!

I'm guessing they don't have any data compiled like that yet then? It'd be nice to know if the majority of subs have already come in though or if its going to taper off.

21k party

Qe2lWIQ.gif

Yikes.

LiK

EZA studio goal confirmed!!

I'm guessing they don't have any data compiled like that yet then? It'd be nice to know if the majority of subs have already come in though or if its going to taper off.

yea, i'll occasionally read a creator losing maybe a few Patrons here and there but they tend to have more Patrons join up than leave especially if their content keeps growing. i can only see EZA growing from this.

Hasney

I know a few specifically asked about Tabletop Adventures, well, we have news!

Whole new adventure, some new characters, some old characters and it will intersect with season 1.

Almost cried when GT got shut down last month, today has been special. First thing i did when i woke up was check to see if they announced anything, watched their beautiful patreon videos and quickly selected $25 tier.

Cant believe how much they are getting already.

Spman2099

I would think that the Patreon money is being supplemented by those other sources of income. That being said, they probably aren't going to rake in enough views through youtube to actually cause a dent. Patreon will most likely be their primary source of income.

Engell

almost want to order one of their t-shirts in white :-D
hope they get better merch in the future, something a bit more unique

1,width=400,height=400,appearanceId=1,backgroundColor=fff,version=1458591280.jpg

kyo2004

As many here, first Patreon ever ($1.50 is that I can afford at the moment while trying to get a stable job, once that I get a job, probably increase up to $5-10)... :)

Or the rewards... "You will become an official producer of the Easy Allies podcast. Your name will be included in the credits of the show and Brandon will mention you, by name, at the end of one episode a month. You’ll also qualify for all earlier rewards." well, he'll soon have 200 people to mention.

Anyway good luck. It'll be interesting to see if this picks up.
I agree that this part doesn't really sound that great, it sounds like it will be skipped over by pretty much everybody else whose name is not on the list so then it is practically pointless. On the other hand, now that they have made enough money for so many shows, the amount of people can be broken up into different episodes each week

I agree that this part doesn't really sound that great, it sounds like it will be skipped over by pretty much everybody else whose name is not on the list so then it is practically pointless. On the other hand, now that they have made enough money for so many shows, the amount of people can be broken up into different episodes each week
Why is that a bad thing? Does it only count if everyone hears it? If Brandon jones says your name and no ones kept the browser tab open, does he make a sound? Lol

timmyp53

I would think that the Patreon money is being supplemented by those other sources of income. That being said, they probably aren't going to rake in enough views through youtube to actually cause a dent. Patreon will most likely be their primary source of income.

Depending on the amount of content uploaded I'm sure it would be a healthy padding though.

every 1000 views on youtube roughly translates to $2-$3 in ad revenue. If they had like 35 videos a month on youtube. with each week with an average of 20,000 views each(low estimate). Then they could net over 700 dollars a month from youtube alone.

I'm pretty damn optimistic. I gotta remember to turn off my adblock when viewing their content.

Why is that a bad thing? Does it only count if everyone hears it? If Brandon jones says your name and no ones kept the browser tab open, does he make a sound? Lol
It's not necessarily a bad thing, I mean I guess it's cool Brandon Jones acknowledges your name in his mind and says it out loud but the fact that it is included in a part where most people might skip out on it might take away some of the coolness for some of the people that's all.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, I mean I guess it's cool Brandon Jones acknowledges your name in his mind and says it out loud but the fact that it is included in a part where most people might skip out on it might take away some of the coolness for some of the people that's all.

I've always thought the "say your name out loud" rewards in these kind of things were silly. I can't imagine caring if it actually happens, let alone whether other people bother listening.

Wagram

I'm curious if they plan to break the podcast down topic by topic like KF does with the Gamescast (more views) or upload the entire thing on Friday.

Top Bottom