• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

Hasney

Damn, wasn't expecting to wake up to this. So fucking happy it's doing so well so fast!

Need to get to work, but once sat down, probably chuck them 50 bones. Hell, I watched them more than I did any cable subscription.

Called it not being full time, but just so glad they can get together. Hope the podcast is in video form still, but not a.deal breaker if not!

Lexad

For the Patreon to reach $3500 in this short amount of time when most sane people are sleeping is just a joy to see lol

I remembered that tomorrow was the big day and pulled up the gag thread to see if there was news. I pulled up the patreon, canceled Hulu, and signed up. I am also on the west coast and watching daredevil so that helps

Spman2099

I'm so happy they're back. Not a big fan of the new name but I can deal with that instead of not having my podcast. Guess it's time to make a Patreon account.

I like it. However, let's face it, the name Game Trailers felt AWFULLY outdated in the later years. So pretty much anything would have been an improvement.

13randO

Laser Time and Easy Allies; two more reasons to run out and get a job straight out of Uni. I want that Damiani show.

Cmagus

Nice to see them back. I'll throw in for $10 for now to see how it goes if I enjoy it I'll gladly raise the amount. Looking forward to the podcasts.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
If the name is some sort of pun or reference, I don't get it. But who cares, this is great news regardless.

Uhyve

t1458586800z4.png
Oh, ah, thank you. That's actually around when I get back from work. Perfect. Can't believe I was 12 hours off, freakin time zones, lol.

If the name is some sort of pun or reference, I don't get it. But who cares, this is great news regardless.
"Uneasy Alliance" is a Huber thing. He likes to make things sound as hype-ful as possible, lol.

Hasney

One of Huber's most used phrases was "an Uneasy Alliance" delivered like only he can. Let's fly this rocket straight to the sun!

openrob

No mention of a new show from Bosman on the Patreon...

I like a lot of the GT stuff, but The Final Bosman is the thing I miss the most.

I hear that brotha!
But seriously glad they are back together, although probably gonna miss out on the stream.

Damn, wasn't expecting to wake up to this. So fucking happy it's doing so well so fast!

Need to get to work, but once sat down, probably chuck them 50 bones. Hell, I watched them more than I did any cable subscription.

Called it not being full time, but just so glad they can get together. Hope the podcast is in video form still, but not a.deal breaker if not!
We got a couch already!

Everything about the video is perfect. OMG, Huber answer is hype, Bosman is homeless, Ben is a weeboo. Legit made me smile. Can not wait for the stream.

Anyone who follows these types of things how much does the Patreon amount usually drop after the first month or so? Is it fairly steady or does it usually end up having ton of people leaving?

So happy to see this, I pledged $5. If the Canadian dollar wasn't so low at the moment I would go up to $10. Stoked to see it basically go from 3000 -> 4000 in the time that it took me to watch the videos, read through this thread, and sign up for Patreon. We need to get get to Ian's new show.
I wonder if Bosman's show will be apart of EA but "on the side" as in not affected by their Patreons (like the podcast) or "on the side" as in separate entirely.

Hasney

Fuck it, did $50 now since I heard about the blooper video and watched it before work.

So goddamn happy that people are putting money where their mouths are. I knew some of the fanatics would, but I was a little worried some of the outpour was temporary due to the way it went down. Just seen it go up over $1k in the half hour I've been awake!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
My dream is this becomes big enough to be the gaming equivalent to collider movie talk.
(As in CMT is run by a bigger crew with many key people running their own shows on the channel)

Awesome. So happy this is a thing.

I can't do it forever, but at least for now I'm more than happy to stretch to $25/month just to support the guys.

Also - solid trailer : P

Hasney

It's coming regardless of Patreon by the sounds of it. Yay.
https://twitter.com/KyleBosman/status/711802997500551168

Though I imagine that EasyAlliance income will help... *cough*Patreon*cough*.

Hes doing it separate to get away from Patreon for it. Kyle has some quirks which he admits himself and said he wants to get away from the pressure of Paetreon. Probably thinks he'd be cheating people if he did one bad show or anything like that.

Evo X

YES! Will definitely support this.

So happy the guys were able to get back together before E3.

If anyone from Easy Allies is reading this, I wish you the best. It might not seem like it at first, but change is good!

Hope this path leads you to success coupled with a lot more creative freedom and flexibility to do what you really want.

dity

Oh neat. I definitely wanna see what these guys get up to. Got no cash, but damn I'll follow them on Twitter and subscribe.

Lexad

Most likely final Bosman will be the ps I love you xoxo of eza. In that it benefits from the main kindafunny donations but isn't part of a tier

It only show next goal for me. Where do I see the overall goal?

The entire Goal List for those that can't see it:

Subscriber Song - 200$
The New Couch - 800$
Production Equipment - 1000$
A Respectable Gaming PC - 2000$
Mike Huber's New Show - 4000$
The Return of D&D - 6000$
Ian Hinck's New Show - 8000$
A Second Podcast - 10.000$
Reviews Reborn - 15.000$
Michael Damiani's New Show - 20.000$
The Return of Retrospectives - 30.000$