• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If you've already pledged, you need to log out of Patreon weirdly. Might just be on their mobile site.

Nah, I'm on desktop and having to use the same solution. Weird UI design.

Fbh

Awesome video and holy shot Damiani is back?!.
Can't believe the GT crew is truly back

I'm so in with $10 as soon as I get home from work. They already had me at weekly podcast but all the strech goals sound amazing

Others quoted it, but I thought I may as well put an image up for visibility;

2836260-kyle+quote.jpg

Spman2099

Getting all the way to retrospectives would be a dream. I really want to get to Damiani's show. That being said, we NEED to get to the reviews goal. That is the one we have to hit.

Bittercup

The Patreon site is stuck on 'Processing your pledge now...'
But I already got a confirmation email. I hope the payment works.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
This sounds like the best for Kyle. Not only can he do his show without all the pressure of delivering for Patreon, he can do the show without it being withheld as a reward. Not to mention it's entirely possible Kyle can pull together a healthy revenue stream on his own. Bosman x EZA or not, these folks are a force of positivity and I want them to do what they gonna do.

*gasp*
I can finish the old D&D casts now =')

Uhyve

The Patreon site is stuck on 'Processing your pledge now...'
But I already got a confirmation email. I hope the payment works.
Yeah, same happened for me. But it's on my profile page as a pledge so I figure it's fine.

Sounds weird, but my Mum will like this, she watches when I'm watching sometimes, and she seems to like his almost hippy like attitude towards monitisation, hehe.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
"Uneasy Alliance" is a Huber thing. He likes to make things sound as hype-ful as possible, lol.

One of Huber's most used phrases was "an Uneasy Alliance" delivered like only he can. Let's fly this rocket straight to the sun!

It's a play off of one of Hubers often used phrases Uneasy Alliances.

Yup, that actually rings a bell :) As a non native, I didn't think of this at all, thank you!

adixon

Seems like maybe the pledge processing on patreon went down? Was moving by hundreds every minute and now hasn't change at all for a while (5 or 10 mins).

Uhyve

Seems like maybe the pledge processing on patreon went down? Was moving by hundreds every minute and now hasn't change at all for a while (5 or 10 mins).
I think it might only update every 5-10 minutes, when I refresh, I keep seeing no changes then big jumps.

I think there is a delay for the updated amount on the page but it is not universal. Mine was stuck at 3800 for awhile but somebody had already posted that they had exceeded 4000 (I might be crazy though)

I wonder what they'd need to get for all (or most) of them doing EA full time. The cost of living in LA can't be cheap.
Keep in mind too, they can always get sponsorships outside of Patreon, I know the Kinda Funny guys have done that ("this video is brought to you by Squarespace" etc).

Sblargh

Banned
What about the mandatory update girl? (sorry for not knowing her name, if it is better, I only know her bff as "that hipster mellow guy")

wapplew

I wonder what they'd need to get for all (or most) of them doing EA full time. The cost of living in LA can't be cheap.
Keep in mind too, they can always get sponsorships outside of Patreon, I know the Kinda Funny guys have done that ("this video is brought to you by Squarespace" etc).

9 person...if each person get 10k salary, 90k plus?

What about the mandatory update girl? (sorry for not knowing her name, if it is better, I only know her bff as "that hipster mellow guy")

Elyse, she left to go work at her husband's company shortly before GT shut down. Fingers crossed she could be involved in Ian's show in someway, those two are great together.

She left GT while ago and went working for Funhaus IIRC.

Yeah, that. I haven't seen what she's done at Funhaus, but the Funhaus fans must really like her because holy shit they tweet her a lot of drawings of herself.

My dudes i got you! The trailer made me so happy. Stream focus is not my thing but i'm glad huber will probly get his show, kyle doin his own thang, and the podcast!

Almost at 5k now! This is insane! Also glad for them! Their E3 2015 coverage was spectacular, especially the memorable bit where all of the GT staff (that were present at the time) lost their shit when Sony made those unbelievable announcements!

This is really impressive when you figure most people on the east coast would have been asleep before the announcement even happened.

Kind of an odd time to announce it actually. I think the initial reveal is really important and while I'm sure it'll be talked about for a while I can't help but wonder if it would have been better to drop this bomb in the middle of the day

Then again, I'm sure they considered this and there's probably way smarter people than I involved

Burt

Tabletop

I need if now

Please

Rich GAF halp
Kind of an odd time to announce it actually. I think the initial reveal is really important and while I'm sure it'll be talked about for a while I can't help but wonder if it would have been better to drop this bomb in the middle of the day

Then again, I'm sure they considered this and there's probably way smarter people than I involved
People launch stuff like this late at night so that they can get their PR out and on the top of inboxes for the next morning. You launch during the middle of the day, and besides the fact that it takes hours to send out emails as you're racing against the workday clock, it's doubtful that any outlet will actually cover you when they've locked in their daily gameplan. Kudos to Kotaku for doing a quick update though. But yeah, if you expect to make waves at 3pm, that's a ballsy move, to say the least.

Uhyve

9 person...if each person get 10k salary, 90k plus?
Is it not 7 people?

I mean, if they want minimum wage, for 7 it's about $8120 per month, for 9 it's $10440 (plus Patreon fees of course, edit: the displayed amount is apparently after fees). But as it's been said, there will be sponsors and twitch subscriptions and adsense. I'm quite confident in them making a livable wage.

Also, that's assuming they've not found a business partner. I'm not that worried, Brandon Jones isn't just a pretty voice, lol.

They are based in LA, so to announce it at 12AM on 3/21 Pacific Time kinda makes sense. After all, they initially teased it for 3/21 on their individual twitter accounts...

Tensketch

I should not have gotten as emotional as I did watching that god damn trailer. They got some sorcerer directing that thing. I'm so glad they're sticking together.

I don't see why it really matters

Top Bottom