• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2016 |OT| Daniil Kvyat Simulator

Rellik

Yeah, that really shits me. I mean, F1 '97 did it and looked fucking incredible for it. Why don't you do it, Codemasters?

F1_97_Hill.jpg

Seriously, it adds so much to the atmosphere of the game.

Damn, that nostalgia. Loved that game.

Really enjoying this now that I've got half a clue how to keep the cars on the track.

Handling is very good indeed and so are the graphics actually. Have only played the first few full race weekends so far. Thought the Bahrain track was awesome.

Jibbed

New patch on PC fams, 62.8mb. Not sure what's in it yet.

Also, looking to sort a pre-league 'casual' race of sorts - it's a bank holiday this Monday in the UK so seems ideal to me.

Can folks who are interested join the Steam group and I'll post in here/there when I've got a time, format etc sorted.

Gandie

Bought the game today, after waiting for benchmarks for my trusty 750ti. Seems to be finde on Mid/High.
Now has anyone found good settings for playing with a Xbox One Controller?

Bought the game today, after waiting for benchmarks for my trusty 750ti. Seems to be finde on Mid/High.
Now has anyone found good settings for playing with a Xbox One Controller?

Try this, work pretty well for me, you can tune deadzone and linearity to your liking if you want.

Go to advanced wheel/control configs put
Steering deadzone 30
Steering linearity 60
Steering saturation 5

Maybe mess aroud with it a little bit, Tell your feedback after please!! Adjusting myself

Par Score

With the upcoming bank holiday (UK) and my girlfriend being away for it, I'm really craving this game. I'm just scared my ageing GTX680 won't do it justice...

I'm playing on an i5 2400 with a GTX 680.

60 FPS at 1080p with TAA, Ansi x16 and mostly High settings. Far from maxed out, but it looks great and runs great.

The one exception is after the most recent patch going into Flashback mode runs like ass.

Zaru

The one exception is after the most recent patch going into Flashback mode runs like ass.

Yeah I wonder how they managed to do that.

I mean it's always been running slower than the rest of the game but at least it was there basically instantly. Now it's a real annoyance.

Nyx

A wrong pit strategy in Austria made me drive around on Ultrasofts just as it started to rain.
And as I just had my last planned stop I thought ''fuck it'' and simulated the rest of the session as it seemed it was no use. (was driving in 20th place, 8 laps before the end)

Then I see the race results and I won lol.

Gandie

Can't get the voice commands to work. I'm using the USB-Audio from my Astro Mixamp for Mic-In, which works fine for Skype/Discord, but doesn't seem to be recognized by the game.

There's no setting to change the input, I think.

Ruruja

Alonso is too busy trying to get his cycling team started of course. :p

Surprised Lewis didn't mention how he used to play them all the time with Nic growing up, guess he doesn't think it matches his image now.

Max plays a bit of iRacing or rFactor doesn't he? Part of Team Redline I think.

Really enjoying this.

Might have to knock it up a difficulty to expert though, Finished 4th ( actually 6th, had a 3 sec time penalty) at Sochi, and around 11/12th at Bahrain and Shanghai , i also Took an extra pit stop than everyone else as well in those two races

Which led me to just doing the R&D sessions in practice because i was doing quite a bit of running which i think used up my tyres for the races, causing me not to be able to run that many medium tyres?

I haven't played a f1 game in a while, but it feels like the least on rails F1 game i have played, which i'm finding really refreshing.

Greenymac

Anyone playing with a Thrustmaster t300rs or t3pa pro pedals? I just got the game in the post and gonna give it a try later and wanted to know what settings you like so far.

Hasney

Patch has fucked replays for me. Getting 90fps in game, 40fps in replays which drop to 4fps when fast forwarding.

Can't get the voice commands to work. I'm using the USB-Audio from my Astro Mixamp for Mic-In, which works fine for Skype/Discord, but doesn't seem to be recognized by the game.

There's no setting to change the input, I think.

Make sure in Windows it's set as the default recording device as well as default communication device. Works with my USB mic.

Gandie

Patch has fucked replays for me. Getting 90fps in game, 40fps in replays which drop to 4fps when fast forwarding.

Make sure in Windows it's set as the default recording device as well as default communication device. Works with my USB mic.

That worked thank you.

Switched to expert after my first two career races. Having fun, but I'm rubbish at keeping my tires alive.

Branson

Playing with a wheel on PC and man, this would be hard as fuck without assists on a controller. How do you guys do that lol.

You know I'm quite impressed coming from other sims just how hard it is to control these cars. Throttle control is so important.

Aiii

So not worth it
Turned off the final assist yesterday, traction control, and boy you aren't kidding. Took me two hours to make it through four corners (at most) without spinning the car around.

And I was driving on Baku, so that was fun. I spun at the turn in to the castle and had to go back and forth like 10 times before I finally got the car right. Can't imagine doing that with a controller stick.

Hanmik

this game is amazing fun. Haven't played a F1 game since PS1 days.

Playing with the standard settings, because I'm old and want to enjoy myself. But damn it is still a lot of fun and exciting.
Chose to drive a McLaren with Button as my partner. Struggled a lot during the Australian race, Qualified 11th. (luckily ahead of my rival and team partner), broke part of my frontwing in the first corner. But made it through the race in 11th. place.
But the second race... man this was amazing. Had the best time during Trial races.. Bahrain suited me just perfect.. such a great track for me and the McLaren.
Qualified 1st. almost 1½ second ahead of Hamilton and Rossberg.

Then comes race day (25% race). My start isn't perfect, so Hamilton catches me in the first corner. He cuts underneath me, and I have to hold of, I try to speed by him because I had the better line through the corner, but he does not hold of through corner 2, so he spins me out into the sand.. arghhh... down to 7th. place with a slightly damaged frontwing. I did not follow my team strategy and pitted two laps earlier than planned. Took alot longer because they had to change my front wing. So I was back in 17th. place after the pitstop. I drove like crazy and took some crazy chances .. so I was up to 7th. place when we were 70% done. I forced myself pass nr. 6 (Raikonen) and 5 (Verstappen) by braking late in a corner.
My heart was racing.. was in 4th. place with 4 laps to go.. but the 3 cars ahead (Ham, Ross and Vettel) were 10+ seconds ahead. I could not reach them (even though I gained 2 seconds every lap).. On the second last lap I was 4 seconds behind. Suddenly I saw a yellow flag and was told not to overtake. And LOL now I see Vettel in front of me, his engine blew up.. he was driving into the pit with smoke all over the place. So I ended up in 3rd. place.
Fuck that was great.. Love this game.

Zaru

Bahrain suited me just perfect.. such a great track for me and the McLaren.

I read a lot about and experienced the Bahrain AI drop, but I'm starting to think I've got it reversed. It's not Bahrain that's so much easier, it's Australia that's so much harder.
I was nowhere in Australia and then won the next three races, having just about the perfect pace to compete with the leaders with very little room for error.

My experience is exactly opposite lol, Bahrain is a nightmare for me, turn 11, 12, 13 (the three consecutive high speed turns after the 2nd DRS zone) is hard as balls to nail down with a controller.

The jump from Expert to Legend is just insane. I am able to win the race in a Ferrari relatively easily but on legend I qualify 7th or 8th and have a hard time keeping that position.

Zaru

The jump from Expert to Legend is just insane. I am able to win the race in a Ferrari relatively easily but on legend I qualify 7th or 8th and have a hard time keeping that position.

Ferrari's average finishing position in the last 3 races was roughly 6. So you're pretty close!

Juicy Bob

Finally managed to find time to do my first career mode race on 100% distance and it was fucking incredible. Best and most immersive race I may have ever had against AI on an F1 game.

Controversy, safety cars, virtual safety cars, AI mistakes and collisions, changing strategy mid-race and some fantastic racing with the AI - and that was all just to finish 16th! And that was after a 10 lap sprint on Super Softs attempting to close down a 11s gap to Button who I caught and attempted to pass on the final lap and was literally DRS drag-racing him to the line. Such a lot of fun.

I am in love with this game.

Kazdane

Gold Member
I hate myself. Monaco comes around, and again I stick to Expert because I'm sitting in 8-12th position with the McLaren throughout all FPs (posting around 1:17 laps with the odd high 1:16). I just can't seem to find the pace of the faster cars, so it looks like I'm in the correct difficulty.

The quali comes around, and I post a 1:15.8xx (Q1, 1st), 1:16.1xx (Q2, 3rd) and 1:15.5xx in Q3, claiming the pole by a good 4 tenths over Hamilton and a second clear of Alonso. Back to switching the difficulty to Legend for the race... again (I've done it in every single race so far).

Nyx

So in online championship mode, can you add AI drivers or not?

Tried to set up a season for me and a friend, but it turned out we were the only cars in the first race. I did notice a setting to change the AI driver level but could not find a way to add them.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I am really tempted to buy this, but I only have a pad on my PS4 and my PC is way too old for running it.

DD

Yesterday I finally started a career for real, after messing with the settings to find the best balance for me. I accepted the fact that I can't drive these beasts without some TC help, so I set it on medium. Seriously, I set the differentials at 50%, raised the throttle linearity up to 80%, yet I kept spinning, so I gave up. All the rest is off and manual, which is cool. AI is on hard, which is probably a bit easier than it should, but closer to my level than Legend, if Australia is a good parameter.

I know that perfection comes with practice, but the snap oversteer is so sudden that it actually feels exaggerated, I don't know. I have good peddals (G27). I wonder if it's anything close to reality. If it is, the level of respect I have for these drivers should be much higher. Not that I actually think that I could drive well a F1 car, but I have some experience with racing sims, FFS... I remember seeing Rubens Barrichello saying that the real life Stock Cars are easier to drive than in the game. I wonder if it's the same case here. You know, exaggerate the difficulty so people would think that it is more realistic. People tend to fall for that.

This game is legit nonetheless. I'm effing loving it. Started with a Renault with Magnussen as a teammate. I only had time to do the FP1. :3

Par Score

Yep, same for me. It sucks, but it just makes me less likely to use them as a crutch I guess.

I am really tempted to buy this, but I only have a pad on my PS4 and my PC is way too old for running it.

The game is totally fine on a pad if you tweak a few of the settings,the tweaks are reposted every couple of pages in this thread:

Steering deadzone 30
Steering linearity 60
Steering saturation 5

Greenymac

So in online championship mode, can you add AI drivers or not?

Tried to set up a season for me and a friend, but it turned out we were the only cars in the first race. I did notice a setting to change the AI driver level but could not find a way to add them.

A friend and I started a championship last night and there was AI. Did practice, quali, and race. Somewhere in the setup you CAN add the AI, but my friend did the setup and invited me so I cant tell you exactly where...

Branson

I might turn on TC at the lowest because, while I like usually playing without assists on like Automobilista and iRacing and stuff like that, I don't think the tire model and FFB give enough of a sensation of oversteer for me to be comfortable catching it like those other games. gah. To have fun or to be more frustrated but realistic.

Garibaldi

Anyone playing with a Thrustmaster t300rs or t3pa pro pedals? I just got the game in the post and gonna give it a try later and wanted to know what settings you like so far.

I'm running this. I'm no expert. Just moved the difficulty up to expert in fact.

I have everything set to 0 for 1:1. 360 degree. Throttle deadzone and linearity at 5 and brake saturation and linearity at 5 too. Feedback all at 100 except weight which is at 80.

I'm struggling with rear end slip with the traction on medium but that's more cos I suck I think.

Greenymac

I'm running this. I'm no expert. Just moved the difficulty up to expert in fact.

I have everything set to 0 for 1:1. 360 degree. Throttle deadzone and linearity at 5 and brake saturation and linearity at 5 too. Feedback all at 100 except weight which is at 80.

I'm struggling with rear end slip with the traction on medium but that's more cos I suck I think.

I have everything at default for now, but was just wondering whats been working for others. My main problem is looking after the tires. I think I'm coming out of corners too hot. And not coasting through them enough.

JJShadow

Steering deadzone 30
Steering linearity 60
Steering saturation 5

Maybe mess aroud with it a little bit, Tell your feedback after please!! Adjusting myself

Thanks for sharing your settings. I just changed to yours and it's a really huge improvement in terms of handling, I even managed to pass the tyre challenge!

What's your best lap time in Australia so far guys? I'm playing in Expert with the DS4, everything off besides full TC and I managed to do 1.29.1XX in Q1 with Renault, sadly I couldn't improve it in Q2 and didn't make the cut to Q3 (finished 13th which is still pretty good)

pots555

This game is intense. I'm with Sauber, on hard, and it was an amazing 50% race in Bahreïn. I was in 14th place and then, with 4 laps to go and Grosjean behind me, I started to panic a little. All of a sudden, my turns were wider and I had trouble with everything. Finished 15th. My fault all the way.

I have a great respect for the actual F1 drivers. These guys must have nerves of steel.

sam777

This game is intense. I'm with Sauber, on hard, and it was an amazing 50% race in Bahreïn. I was in 14th place and then, with 4 laps to go and Grosjean behind me, I started to panic a little. All of a sudden, my turns were wider and I had trouble with everything. Finished 15th. My fault all the way.

I have a great respect for the actual F1 drivers. These guys must have nerves of steel.

Your tyres would most likely have been starting to go at that point, which is no help. I just finished the Spanish GP with my left front at 93% wear, I was hanging on for dear life at that point lol.

Fox Mulder

Your tyres would most likely have been starting to go at that point, which is no help. I just finished the Spanish GP with my left front at 93% wear, I was hanging on for dear life at that point lol.

One little lockup at like 85%+ could have been a blowout. Had it happen to me.

I love it.

This game is hard in a lower car with lesser stats. I'm pushing at Monaco in Haas and still in the bottom. I owned this track in prior games even while in a crap car.

DavidDesu

Must say I'm quite enjoying this game. Slow change of direction on a controller issue aside it's really fun and feels pretty damn authentic in terms of the handling. I'm finding I really enjoy tracks I barely know or like when watching for real. I'm in Bahrain now and once I'd learned it and mastered it I now love this track. Really has a nice flow in parts. I'm taking my time practicing and doing all the challenges and restarting if necessary until I'm happy in my Manor.

One thing, does anyone else think the replays look a bit crud. I get the feeling the car movement isn't really replicated in the visuals properly. Looks like there's no movement in the suspension, the cars are bolt upright even through fast corners where in real life you see the car leaning on the outside suspension. Feels like that's missing and makes the car movement look off to me...

Top Bottom