• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Gameplay Reveal Trailer| Xbox Showcase 2024

MujkicHaris

Oh the game actually has normal feminine looking woman.

7fYOfbW.png

Literally everything in the trailer looks super impressive except for the main character.

I couldn't care less about how attractive the character is but is there no male/female choice at the beginning? I may have missed it but did she not use magic either? Those are two pretty important things in Fable IMO. The charm from the series didn't really show here either but that's hard to do in a short trailer.

Assuming we will be able to pick male/female protag cuz I cant stand this chicks face like at all. Game looks good assuming it was actual ingame and not fake pre-rendered crap as we expect.

Nydius

Gold Member
Am I the only one that didn't like this trailer? I'm not talking about the face. Last year's trailer was a bunch of cutscenes. Now a year later they pull the same thing again. Even Perfect Dark had proper gameplay in its trailer (it looks awesome I want to add). This trailer has like 3 seconds of walking around. I don't count that as gameplay.

Precisely why I’m rolling my eyes at all the people creaming their pants in the showcase OT when this is what they did for most of their announcements. Pre-rendered cutscenes or vertical slice “in-engine” bullshit that almost certainly won’t be indicative of the final product. Little actual gameplay. Multiple trailers with no concrete release date. Some without even a release year. And people are losing their shit like it’s the greatest show ever.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
One of the highlights of the show. The art direction is very beautiful and looks like it nails classic fairy tale fantasy with bright colors, old castles straight from a Disney animated movie (when they were good) and lots of humor. Very impressive graphically. Don't see any issues with the main character, she's a bit rugged but it fits the setting and what I'd expect a normal looking warrior woman to look like around that time, but I guess each to their own.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Looks like a knock off Aloy. I used to like Fable, but Fable 3 was eh, and even the original ones didn't age well. Their luster wore off given how at the time they tried to do something unique but they didn't have a ton of content and concepts have light years surpassed it since. I'm hoping this is good, but not a lot of hope.

MujkicHaris

This looks really good.

Maybe I'm crazy, but she looked like a completely normal-looking person, not even ugly. I'm honestly baffled by what some are even whining about.

I respect your view. But I want my characters in video games to have pleasing and meaningful aesthetics. It's not about ugly or beautiful at all. Igor from Persona series is super ugly in my subjective view but that character has an interesting and exciting design. The main character from Fable looks boring, generic and that is the worst sin in art and especially design.

1nPF40i.png

Last edited:

DavidGzz

This looks really good.

Maybe I'm crazy, but she looked like a completely normal-looking person, not even ugly. I'm honestly baffled by what some are even whining about.

I think she's cute in that shot. Load some makeup on and she'd be hot even.

StueyDuck

So many of the trailers shown were like this. What is Xbox thinking?
honestly, for me it's more about the games that should be closer that we should be getting updates on that they didn't mention at all, clearly fable isn't cooked yet if we are still getting cinematics.

I'm wondering more now about that clockwork game, everwild and outerworlds, these games should all be releasing soon technically and zip...

Last edited:

Sacred

You guys realize this is the just the character for the trailers. Fable has always had character creator.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Main character aside, I appreciate the fact that the game seems to respect the source material, unlike Veilguard. The opening notes of the trailer’s music maintains the whimsical fantasy feel that Fable has always had.

Tone is important. I think they nailed it. Biowaren’t should take notes.

SaintALia

Another trailer for this game and I still don't know how the moment to moment gameplay will be like. It still seems like a vertical slice. Well, eventually they'll have to show me the gameplay I want to see, so I'll be waiting till then. Graphics look fine I guess.

Not sure why people are bothering with obsessing over that particular character, more than likely you'll have a male/female choice or customisation, though you'd think they'd show the choices by now, but whatevs, it is what it is.

Saber

Gold Member
I hope this game has a character creator because those designs...good lord.
Also theres barelly any gameplay, if this even can be called gameplay.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Because I don't want to play as her. It's as simple as that.
Yeah. If that is the only playable character I am not even going to bother trying the game. It is a damn shame there was no gameplay. You would think after all these years there would be a snippet of playing the game.

Robb

Gold Member
This looks exceptional with the exception of the apparent protagonist. Do we know if that’s the only option yet?

Pallas

Is it me or is her face a little different compare to the first time they teased the game a while back? She’s not gonna win any beauty contests but she’s not a gremlin now.

mortal

I respect your view. But I want my characters in video games to have pleasing and meaningful aesthetics. It's not about ugly or beautiful at all. Igor from Persona series is super ugly in my subjective view but that character has an interesting and exciting design. The main character from Fable looks boring, generic and that is the worst sin in art and especially design.

1nPF40i.png
lol come on now, yes it is. The complaints and jokes are about her looking ugly and not being hot enough for a female character, not that she looks generic or boring.
People are entitled to their opinions, but I'm just not seeing the issue. She looks like a normal woman without makeup on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom