• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Gameplay Reveal Trailer| Xbox Showcase 2024

Synless

Ok, this is a marked improvement over the first trailer and the gameplay segments looked good.

Fuck me though if they couldn’t have made an uglier female MC if they tried.

Last edited:

Jormatar

Graphically looks great but the actual dialogue and humor alongside the main character design is such a disaster lol.

YOU PC BRO?!

Gold Member
The game looks impressive visually but is too far removed from what Fable was originally. Also, I just don’t get the fixed female protagonist angle. Fable was great because you started as a boy that would age through the course of the game. To nonchalantly toss that aside feels like a huge downgrade to me. To the point that the game is approaching generic fantasy and not actually Fable.

xrnzaaas

I think she looks more like the freckled actress from Arrested Development.
Cast-of-Arrested-Development.jpg
At least she had good assets, that's a free pass.

This looks really good.

Maybe I'm crazy, but she looked like a completely normal-looking person, not even ugly. I'm honestly baffled by what some are even whining about.

She looks funny but the Fable is funny so I don't really get the hate. Maybe some folks have never played Fable and they think its supposed to be some beautiful super good looking hero. You know, a good looking hero that kicks chickens and turns orphanages into brothels.

So yeah, I don't get the hate. And this coming from an individual who thinks Sweet Baby is a cancer that one day will cease to exist.

semiconscious

Gold Member
y'know, if i was genuinely interested in the series, this certainly wouldn't particularly bother me...

afa fable, unfortunately, when i finally got to play/try a whole bunch of Xbox exclusives 2+ years ago, i think that the fable series was about my biggest disappointment. the tireless, relentless 'wink & a nod' humor, along with the clunky gameplay, just eventually wore me out. so it goes...

ungalo

Technically stunning but i'm not really excited. Not a fan of the realistic art style, i feel like i'm looking at Hogwarts Legacy.

The unfortunate thing is again, the faux controversy is over what the girl looks like and not the fact that there was barely any actual gameplay shown or the fact that if you didn't tell me said "gameplay" was Fable I would not have guessed we were watching Fable. "Let's have some quirky English voice over narration" doesn't equate to what Fable is. At the end of the day I don't give a shit what the main character looks like, male or female, if the game nails the important things.

RavageX

Not seeing the reason character creation is not in this game. I'm not bothered by the character, but in an RPG I like options especially if the previous games had such a thing. Also I didn't really see any "gameplay".

Last edited:

Gravemind

Looks incredible. Still hoping there is a character creator because I'm not a giant fan of the apparent protagonist but its not a deal breaker for me if there's not.

Topher

Gold Member
She showed more personality in that 2 minute trailer than Aloy has in 2 games. That's what actually matters.

Giving the character a great personality is probably a lot harder than making her look attractive. Thing is I'm pretty sure Playground Games could do both if they wanted to.

Bartski

Gold Member
In-game graphics look like I'd imagine this gen really should, very nice light work. I never played any of the previous Fable games and I somehow doubt this game will be for me but I'd like to see extended gameplay

Top Bottom