• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4: Far Harbor IOTI Point Lookout 2: Synthetic Boogaloo

Yup. So good. I can't even wrap my mind around
Having sex with the robobrain

That's the
vault with the missing cat?

As for Far Harbor. What is a recommended level for it? I don't want it to be insane hard but neither very easy when I start with it. Right now I am playing Survival at level 22.

I might be screwed out of playing it this weekend. Although you don't need to be a specific level to access it, apparently it's a high level area (30?). So, that's both contradictory and unfortunate. Though expected.

I just haven't had a lot of time to put into Fallout 4 due to many things, and am only about 10 hours in.

Ugh at the performance issues I'm hearing about on PS4. Good job I didn't re-buy the game the other day. Fucking Bethesda, man...

Hoping they patch it soon because I really wanna play this.

Well, I hope I can bring any companion and not just Nick.

no Nick is needed for this quest.

to those who asked there are 3 new settlements. I personally have about 44 DAYS in this game

Preston has been nerfed, sadly. I have all the dlc, loving the new items for the settlements. But Preston no longer gives quests and I will assume that's due to the dlc I have? Not sure. But I am not the only one with a Nerfed Preston

I will be playing far harbor later this morning, looking forward to it

hydruxo

looks like they added more perks, strong back and scrapper both got extra ranks among others

yeah I need to take a break on PS4, gonna wait for an official statement on the framerate I think before playing more. This shit makes downtown Boston look smooth

Really? Damn I guess I'll just wait for a patch before picking this up then. What a shame, because it sounds like it's really good otherwise.

Played a bit of this last night. I really like the look of it. The whole area feels very cultured and lived in, from the people to the decor. Much like Skyrim's environments and something that the Fallout 4 base game lacks.

Good to see that performance issues are not that bad on the Xbox.

PS4 ran a lot worse at launch as well. I don't trust Bethesda to release a game that runs well on a Playstation

RPGam3r

Played on PS4 and didn't notice much of an issue in terms of performance, then again I didn't really get the whole fuss pre patch at Corvega either.

Ricker

Playing on Xbox One and haven't noticed any particular frame drops in the middle of heavy fog areas. Really smooth actually and the effects are pretty impressive. Digging it so far.

Good to know...I am on PS4 though so I hope the fog thing isnt a factor,downloading now.

Played on PS4 and didn't notice much of an issue in terms of performance, then again I didn't really get the whole fuss pre patch at Corvega either.

Great...

gstaff

During the beta period, we definitely noted places where the frame rate was dropping and we put in fixes for the full release.

We will continue to monitor feedback.

During the beta period, we definitely noted places where the frame rate was dropping and we put in fixes for the full release.

Don't sweat it, bro. Fallout games are great enough to overcome some frame drops. Just like Witcher 3

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Played for a few hours last night. Up to Arcadia. Really digging it so far. Performance on my PC has been somewhat solid. FPS drops to low 50s and maybe high 40s at random spots in the fog, but it's certainly not universal when Fog is around. Pretty similar to random areas of downtown Boston which do the same for no apparent reason. Otherwise performance hasn't been bad. Everything but God Rays at max, GRs at like Medium I think. On my 970 slightly OC'd, 16gb ram and i7 5820 OC'd to 4.5ghz.

Island looks really huge and what interactions I've had so far have been interesting. Can't wait to get some time to really dive in this weekend.

Trigger

I like the little things in this DLC. Small spoiler:
I was able to use the mysterious serum from the Cabot House questline to help save Andre in the clinic.

Copper

I am going to try hopping in with my Level 25 Survival Mode character.

If that's too low then I'll switch over my first playthrough (level 80) to Survival Mode.

I tried it on level 25 and the enemies were really tough, or at least the first ones.

Tovarisc

Preston has been nerfed, sadly. I have all the dlc, loving the new items for the settlements. But Preston no longer gives quests and I will assume that's due to the dlc I have? Not sure. But I am not the only one with a Nerfed Preston

You say nerfed, I say fixed. Those infinitely generated "Defend settlement X / Daughter of settlement Y is kidnapped!" quests had depth of flat surface, and got very tedious very fast.

Thanks, it's a shame because it seems to be a great DLC but frankly the performance in any area with fog on PS4 is unplayable to me. Hopefully a patch or at least statement is rolled out soon.

Don't sweat it, bro. Fallout games are great enough to overcome some frame drops. Just like Witcher 3

this is more than "some frame drops" though

I literally cannot think of a game that I have that performs worse than this expansion save maybe Dark Souls' Blighttown.

Ricker

Only in the first area and did the initial fight there and everything seems fine so far framerate wise on the PS4...didnt venture out yet though.

Is anyone playing with a character under level 15 and can comment if the game scales well (ie isnt too difficult due to e.g. a high minimum-level monster)

downloading now, but not looking forward to the bad performance.

hell, i'm still waiting for them to fix the Automatron DLC.

i can't begin the main quest for it because Ada won't talk to me. does anyone know a trick to fixing it by chance?

Staf

Wow. I usually don't complain about FPS in games but man... that. fog. I'm getting a headache from exploring the island.

Aurongel

Okay. What the fuck is going on with this random classical music that keeps cutting in and out while I'm exploring? It's super annoying.

Top Bottom