• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4: Far Harbor IOTI Point Lookout 2: Synthetic Boogaloo

Valkrai

You guys need to try the Brain Dead sidequest

Seriously made me feel like it was a game of Clue and fucked a robobrain. I approve.

The Flash

Banned
GG Bethesda

5k09oEV.png

Sotha_Sil

-From the few main quests I've done so far, it seems that the variety of objectives, choices on how to accomplish those objectives, and overall writing have improved. It still suffers from the dialogue system, but it feels like the writing still works better than the main game in spite of it.

That's in line with all of Bethesda's other major expansions. They do so much better when making smaller, more focused games.

Meowster

I'm not at home to try again but I couldn't figure out how to get the quest to start. I'm level 28 but I was taking my time with the main storyline this playthrough. I rescued Nick and started the trail quest with Dogmeat so I think I should be far enough along. I'll try doing another main quest or two and see if that makes it work.

gosox333

holy shit at the
hermit crab by the bait shop

there's some really cool monsters in this one, that's by far the coolest I've seen yet.

Sucks to hear about the PS4 performance issues. I was looking forward to jumping into this and the previous DLC packs this weekend.

Lakitu

st5fu
Performances issues are a real downer for me. Considering the rest of the DLC is pretty amazing so far, I'd say it trumps the vanilla game.

Tigress

only have NV on 360 and PC but it's worse than anything in both of those at least

Yikes. I managed to finish owb but I found afterwards it made my game unplayable. And I honestly am pretty tolerant of janky running games. But the game would crash two minutes after starting it up reliably and when I would finally get it to run I'd get 30 minutes of play before it literally became a slideshow (and I'm not one to call low FPS a side show. I'm talking seconds per frame).

Moofers

I saw somebody bitching about tower defense. What could that be? Just defending a new settlement?

I play on PS4 and have a lvl 70 character, but I'm thinking about waiting for a framerate patch before I start this up. I love love LOVE the settlement stuff though, so the idea of a Fallout Horde mode type thing is exciting. Is there anything like that in here?

So apparently Valentine has extra dialogue for the main story if you bring him along but what about other companions? I don't want to bring him because I'm anti-synth but I also don't want to miss out on cool conversations.

MattyG

Banned
Could someone explain linking settlements to me? I did very little settlement building up to now, but I feel like I should start. I did a lot of the tutorial missions but I don't remember supply lines being explained (at least not explained well). I just couldn't get into it before, but maybe the WW and now FH stuff will be enough to get me into it.

Could someone explain linking settlements to me? I did very little settlement building up to now, but I feel like I should start. I did a lot of the tutorial missions but I don't remember supply lines being explained (at least not explained well). I just couldn't get into it before, but maybe the WW and now FH stuff will be enough to get me into it.

You need 6 charisma for the local leader perk, then go in to workshop mode and select a settler to link up to a settlement, then your items are stored between the chests for both settlements.

Edit: I'm trying to talk to Lancer Kels for a misc quest and he isn't bringing up dialog :/

This DLC being a big improvement over Fallout 4 in terms of quest quality actually frustrates me. They were capable and should have made the main game so much better.

Tigress

This DLC being a big improvement over Fallout 4 in terms of quest quality actually frustrates me. They were capable and should have made the main game so much better.

I see it as this way, Bethesda shows they've been listening to what we don't like about 4 and actually at least did something to fix it in the DLC (a lot of the stuff they can't just fix post game but they can at least make the DLC better).

It means maybe in the future it is possible that they can put out a better Fallout 5 (and maybe another good DLC for 4 since they aren't done yet).

What I'm frustrated at is that I'm playing a survival character right now who is pretty low level and I have enough problems with her on the mainland (I just took hours trying to get past molerats yesterday) so she's not ready to do Far Harbor yet but I'm really into playing her so I don't want to take my first character into Far Harbor. And soon NMS will come out (sooner than I think I'll get my survival character ready to do Far Harbor at this point). So I hear about how they have well done quests and actual skill/charisma checks that make a difference in the quest and I want to try it but when?

I guess I can look at it like maybe they'll fix the framerate issue by the time I get around to it (if it really is worse than Old World Blues I think even I'll have issues... I'm pretty tolerant of that stuff, I loved Borderlands 2 on the Vita and I know most people bitched about that one).

JTripper

I'm REALLY enjoying this DLC. That
Vault robobrain murder
quest made it for me.
Gilda
is my favorite Far Harbor character so far.

N° 2048

My level 25 Survival Mode character couldn't handle it so I ended up switching my first level 80 character to Survival Mode for the DLC.

What great atmosphere.

I had joined the
Railroad
and got a
dialogue option to talk to them before leaving to Far Harbor
. Going to be interesting to see what happens down the line.

My character turned out to be level 13. I'm now level 14 after doing a story quest and a side quest while waiting for the DLC to download. Now, I'm just getting to Far Harbor.

The first wave of enemies at the town didn't seem too difficult, but I kept getting hit with explosives.

Don't know if I'll be able to play it right now due to my level, though.

Ok so...any way to get my commonwealth supplies while I'm in far harbor or do I have to sit through minutes or loading screens because encumbrance is an awful mechanic?

What is the fucking point of anything new if I can't carry it or mod it?

Edit: figured it out still, annoying

Replicant

I had joined the
Railroad
and got a
dialogue option to talk to them before leaving to Far Harbor
. Going to be interesting to see what happens down the line.

It's buggy. Nothing happens when you talk to
Desdemona. She just went on about how you saved the Commonwealth from the Commie...er...the Institute but then she stops talking
. Fix this shit, Naughty Dog!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I see it as this way, Bethesda shows they've been listening to what we don't like about 4 and actually at least did something to fix it in the DLC (a lot of the stuff they can't just fix post game but they can at least make the DLC better).

It means maybe in the future it is possible that they can put out a better Fallout 5 (and maybe another good DLC for 4 since they aren't done yet).

Yeah, we said this between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 too. Never seems to happen with Bethesda.

N° 2048

It's buggy. Nothing happens when you talk to
Desdemona. She just went on about how you saved the Commonwealth from the Commie...er...the Institute but then she stops talking
. Fix this shit, Naughty Dog!

It worked for me?

I talked to a girl named B
oxer at Railroad HQ
not Des. I told her I'm looking for a girl and she said she'll report back if she hears anything.

Yeah, we said this between Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 too. Never seems to happen with Bethesda.

Bethesda seems to be 100% content in never, ever improving. Even compared to other AAA devs, aside from UbiSoft. They haven't really put out a whole lot of games in the past 15 years, but every time its the same discussion of "Well surely this one is going to play/run better and surely this time the writing won't be clunky garbage?" and then the game comes out to a resounding ohhhh...

If anything the change ups they do decide to make like a voiced protagonist or infinite quests just end up making it worse, or are just half-assed/not finished like settlement building. Yeah their games do stellar and sell a lot but I would figure that there would be some kind of desire to strive to improve...something? Anything????

Top Bottom