• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
As with all Bethesda games, if you want graphics you play on PC, no ifs ands or buts. Mods are too good.

Vanilla PC:

69cd3eb274be7c06c809693adb862fa9.jpg

Modded PC:

enb2015_10_3110_09_28xckvy.png
With the below graphics it runs like shit even on high end PCs.....

Denton

Is that a PC screenshot of F3?

I like that F3 screenshot a lot better aesthetically, but I actually enjoyed the yellow tinge that the game had over the largely filterless and probably more realistic look of 4 .-. At least as far as looking at these vistas are concerned.

In more immediate environments, I think F4 looks pretty fine for what it is.

Yes, PC of 2008 screenshot at near max or max settings. I quite liked te look of the game in 2008. In 2015, not so much.

This is reminding me of BioShock Infinite: looks gorgeous from a distance, but don't get too close and start analyzing textures...

this doesnt even need magnifying glasses.
bioshock infinite stomps this visually. even on console.

(yes i know its not a fair comparison because open world and 9 million things to do.)

I really doubt it will become really cheap within 3-4 months. The mod tools come out early next year, and from looking at the dates on the Nexus I think it only took less than 2-3 months for some of those really popular ENB mods to come out after the launch of Skyrim, actually the ENB mods started appearing in 2011. So yeah, we'll just have to see how quick the modding community works things out this time and I'm pretty sure the graphics mods are separate from Bethesda's tools.

On PC? Get outta here bro. I've never paid more than half price. Shit drops like mad. Already $20 off at cdkeys.

With the below graphics it runs like shit even on high end PCs.....

That's not entirely true, most ENB's are really easy to customize to your setup, I have a 7850/i5-2500k and I was able to run some great looking ENB's and mods for both Fallout NV and Skyrim with very little performance impact. It can be as demanding you want it to be.

Judging a game's visuals in compressed screenshots over in motion has always seemed dumb to me but people love getting proactively angry about things.

Nameless

The gleeful toxicity in this thread(and most related to F4) speaks volumes. As does the lack of skepticism over whether or not these screens represent what we'll see with the final version in motion -- nevermind the worst of the worst are the only ones being quoted over & over.

they are right.
it looks really bad. embarrassing bad.
even indie developers are making better looking games.
if this game wasnt made by bethesda we wouldnt be arguing about that.
everyone would laugh and move on
Please post the indie game that looks better than this that is also attempting to have the same size and scale as Fallout 4. TIA.

The gleeful toxicity in this thread(and most related to F4) speaks volumes. As does the lack of skepticism over whether or not these screens represent what we'll see with the final version in motion.

Nothing toxic. People just offering opinions based on the shots. Most admit to buying anyway.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Judging a game's visuals in compressed screenshots over in motion has always seemed dumb to me but people love getting proactively angry about things.

We are actually judging the technical bells and whistles, or lack there of. Using the "but jpeg tho" argument is as disingenuous of a defense as it gets. A .png will not enable them.

On PC? Get outta here bro. I've never paid more than half price. Shit drops like mad. Already $20 off at cdkeys.

CDkeys isn't the best example. They don't get their keys directly from the publisher which can create the risk of the key being revoked later. GMG is a better example, where it's already $12 off.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
What open world PS3 game do you have in mind that looks like those screens?
I sincerely want an answer to this question. And I mean direct feed screens. Especially with all the looks like ps3 comparisons, when ps3 was notoriously terrible when it came to running open world games.

they are right.
it looks really bad. embarrassing bad.
even indie developers are making better looking games.
if this game wasnt made by bethesda we wouldnt be arguing about that.
everyone would laugh and move on

yeah it does.
definitely the worst looking game this gen and nothing will top it.
and lol 30fps
So much this!! Holy crap

RK9039

Oh. I thought you were implying mods won't be out in the near future but much later down the line. And obviously you can get really cheap keys from dodgy sites.

I can probably go through this thread and pick out some of the stupidest negative comments over what? Some screenshots for a game that hasn't been released? And judging them over a console screenshot? You act like this thread is of the upmost intelligent discussion.

How about you google the definition of critique then come back to me. Lol grow up, wtf?
Newsflash: You can pick out stupid comments in any thread. Even threads with the highest level of discourse end up with some shitposts peppered throughout.

Judging the game's console visuals is a perfectly valid thing to do. Especially since you know, the game is releasing on console and many people will end up buying it (myself included). The reason I mentioned TW3 is that we had plenty of comparable threads analyzing screenshots of that game pre and post release. Many of us openly criticized CDPR for their marketing tactics. And yet many of us also still enjoyed the game.

To that point, your original post is really just as mindbogglingly dumb as many of the negative comments.

Just enjoy the fucking game lmao.

We can enjoy the game and still discuss and critique the screenshots.

So yes. Grow up.

Stevey

Is that a PC screenshot of F3?

I like that F3 screenshot a lot better aesthetically, but I actually enjoyed the yellow tinge that the game had over the largely filterless and probably more realistic look of 4 .-. At least as far as looking at these vistas are concerned.

In more immediate environments, I think F4 looks pretty fine for what it is.

The FRAPS counter in the top left corner gives it away :V

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
That's not entirely true, most ENB's are really easy to customize to your setup, I have a 7850/i5-2500k and I was able to run some great looking ENB's and mods for both Fallout NV and Skyrim with very little performance impact. It can be as demanding you want it to be.
I know. All I was saying is that it runs like shit if it looks like on the posted picture.

We are actually judging the technical bells and whistles, or lack there of. Using the "but jpeg tho" argument is as disingenuous of a defense as it gets.
Not a 'defense' as I don't work for Bethesda or have a stake in how well this game does, I've just never seen an in-game screenshot that showcased the visuals better than an actual video of the source.

FATALITY

Banned
Please post the indie game that looks better than this that is also attempting to have the same size and scale as Fallout 4. TIA.

there is that medieval one which is using cry engine, forgot the name. dont know about the size.

but yeah this is the worst looking game on ps4 if you dont count minecraft

"PC > console"

Not shit, but did that game look like at launch and how long did you have to wait for the mods to make it look like that?

No way in hell we're getting graphics mods.
Not long. The first version of ENB was released within a couple of months of skyrims release.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
CDkeys isn't the best example. They don't get their keys directly from the publisher which can create the risk of the key being revoked later. GMG is a better example, where it's already $12 off.
Every game has that kind of discount when you preorder at GMG, so that doesn't say much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom