• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's worse is that we might be stuck with this shitty engine for the life of the PS4.

Bethesda pls

SdH2PrD.gif

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
i dont even know how to reply that
but here i go

even indie games look better because they dont have 20% of the budget of this horrible looking game.

stop making sound like im being offensive to attract mods
Having a large budget doesn't automatically mean best visuals ever. The budget isn't just reserved for the fidelity of graphics. Indie games are typically much smaller in scope. And no i'm not making it sound like you're being offensive to attract mods. It depends on what the game is attempting to do, tradeoffs have to be made etc.

Ooo thank god!
Dishonored 2 will be much smaller in scope compared to this, (it's apparently still using the format of the previous game), so visually it'll probably look amazing,

On Demand

Banned
Just went back to watch the Microsoft E3 conference footage. Holy crap, Bethesda are as sneaky as Ubi when it comes to pretending PC footage is console footage. They're on completely different quality level settings.

It's funny because from all the earlier footage everyone was saying it looks no better than Fallout 3. Hope people now realize how stupid that claim was.

With that said, the pics in the OP are not correct anyway. It looks washed out.

120v

as somebody who's defended the graphics since the reveal this is pretty disappointing. still holding out hope for PC vanilla.... i don't expect miracles but i'm expecting a decent step up

ViciousDS

Banned
It honestly looks like the person taking screenshots failed on 2 levels of screenshot taking.

They are compressed to living hell.....they honestly look like JPG's which are compressed and then they were uploaded to imgur which compressed the shit out of them even more. There is a PNG option now!!!!

The fact that the text has jaggies tells the whole story.

Will wait for competent person to upload to abload or something before judging. These screenshots weren't done correctly lol

dankir

Aren't most Bethesda games pretty rough looking? I'm playing through Skyrim on 360 right now and yeah. It's oogly googly

It honestly looks like the person taking screenshots failed on 2 levels of screenshot taking.

They are compressed to living hell.....they honestly look like JPG's which are compressed and then they were uploaded to imgur which compressed the shit out of them even more.

Will wait for competent person to upload to abload or something before judging. These screenshots weren't done correctly lol

The bones of the game are well on display

Its not like we needed these screens. Looks like the game was pretty much complete when they showed it at E3

Skii

Yeah this game looks really ugly on the PS4. No surprise at all. I can also see it having loads of performance issues. Bethesda are wholly incompetent developers on consoles. That much is fact.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

They are compressed to living hell.....they honestly look like JPG's which are compressed and then they were uploaded to imgur which compressed the shit out of them even more. There is a PNG option now!!!!

Sure hope they enable the geometry, AO, shadows, high-res textures, atmospheric details, etc in the .png selection on the PS4 version.

Dude needs to find the PNG sharing option in his settings.

Needs to go under graphics & sound and enable the above as well.

Its not like we needed these screens. Looks like the game was pretty much complete when they showed it at E3

Gamebryo engine kill it with a nuke plz

I mean are they contractually linked to that engine or something. Can' they just use the unreal engine 4 or even the Rage engine or something jesus.

ViciousDS

Banned

yes, but the screenshots make it look even worse....the game honestly isn't the greatest looker....but the fact that every living part of the screens has jaggies makes it look like PS3 quality....when its definitely not.

artsi

You can see the lack of shadows, bad LOD and flat lighting despite any compression. It's mostly IQ and texture details that would get lost.

yes, but the screenshots make it look even worse....the game honestly isn't the greatest looker....but the fact that every living part of the screens has jaggies makes it look like PS3 quality....when its definitely not.

IM not disagreeing with ya

Just saying Im seeing what I expected to see

Recharg3

It's the exact same as the E3 trailer so it's not like Watchdogs were it has been downgraded!

If you want the graphics then wait for the pc mods if you want a bethseda experience then buy and enjoy the game for it's story and quests

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Idk how many times this needs to be repeated before it sinks in.

I think a lot running that narrative have no idea about those things or what they do on a technical side. Otherwise they would see how silly making those statements are.

It's the exact same as the E3 trailer so it's not like Watchdogs were it has been downgraded!

If you want the graphics then wait for the pc mods if you want a bethseda experience then buy and enjoy the game for it's story and quests

Did you just say story?

Why can't we want a game that sells gangbusters to actually improve much better out of the box, especially for console owners?

Why do we have to rely on the mod community?

At least it will run at a stable framerate. Haha. Right?

If it doesn't then this engine seriously needs to be thrown in the trash bin.

ViciousDS

Banned
IM not disagreeing with ya

Just saying Im seeing what I expected to see

nah....I know what you are saying. But the other reply of hohoho, hope that PNG adds all this shit to it kind of crap is stupid. compressed shots though make everything pixelated to hell.

I'm aware a ton of shit is not getting added to the console....the fuck do I care....but having insanely pixelated shots due to compression doesn't do it any good.

Exactly

I am not seeing a huge deviation from whats already been shown

I think a lot running that narrative have no idea about those things or what they do on a technical side. Otherwise they would see how silly making those statements are.
I mean im not even that good with technical stuff but even i kno a simple switch to png will not make everything u see magically better

Gravidee

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really mind that this game supposedly doesn't look that 'good' according to you guys. I haven't really been following Fallout 4 and have been playing some 3 lately so I'm actually pretty impressed by the much more colorful art direction this time around.

Did you just say story?

Why can't we want a game that sells gangbusters to actually improve much better out of the box, especially for console owners?

Why do we have to rely on the mod community?

I mean fucking right? why is that are standard. Its freaking crazy that this is the mindset some have. I want a full experience at this point no more bs. Especially if studios are spending close to 80 to 100 million dollars a pop for a game development process and all we get is this? are you serious at 60 bucks?

Graphics, Story, Good game design, Game play and Replay ability (if its there).

Otherwise whats the point of, how far tech can be pushed.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Joke? Surely we aren't falling to this in this thread
A couple pages ago we reached the point where it looks like a ps2 game and bioshock infinite looks better on consoles.. ._.

I mean fucking right? why is that are standard. Its freaking crazy that this is the mindset some have. I want a full experience at this point no more bs. Especially if studios are spending close to 80 to 100 million dollars a pop for a game development process and all we get is this? are you serious at 60 bucks?

Graphics, Story, Good game design, Game play and Replay ability (if its there).

Otherwise whats the point of, how far tech can be pushed.
Because not every game is a low key tech demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom