• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FATALITY

Banned
Can't get my eyes off those stiff sleeves now.

u6kq4qw7hm7uc2rzot7l.jpg

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What I wanna know is, what happened to all the colors? All the E3 and conference stuff looked so colorful. Why do these all looked so washed out? :'(

Mr Rivuz

Gemüsepizza;183666317 said:
Jesus those screenshots are horrible. Just compare the first one to their 4K PC screenshot:

WTF

Nope, not preordering this game. I will wait for reviews. I hope they didn't screw up the PC version. At least with graphics this bad it should be easily possible to run this game at 4K. Right...?
Where have all the colors gone? :(

Do you mean the negative comments on GAF from people who haven't played the game yet?
Or the the postive comments saying that even tho the graphics aren't great the gameplay will be top notch..even tho they haven't played it yet either??

My God i left for awhile thought we got somewhere the game could look better for the hardware its on that's MoST of the people in this thread argument.

PnCIa

Beyond the character models, Oblivion looked top notch at the time.
Oh yes. Even the models were not that big of problem back then. The game looked amazing.

From my pov, they are not even trying. They have found a formula that makes them tons of money, even without going for state of the art tech. With those graphics the PC version *should* run great if they even optimize...i mean once fans optimize it for them.
All things considered, this is cost cutting in action.

lol just want to say that the : "Omg it look so freaking bad"
This really just look like a "Hate-train" starting rolling lol.

It look "normal" to me, i guess most people here saw the gameplay footage right?

The game will look like the gameplay we saw. And Video > Stills images

https://youtu.be/XLB-2mAJ5AY ( put in 1080p )

Game look good to me, don't get all the "freak out" lol. Video > screenshoot images.

We will surely have video and stream popping out this week. We will know for sure!

HOLY SHIT I cannot wait for this game. It looks fine to me. As long as it runs well, I am fine with the way it looks. Looks way better than Fallout 3, way better, and really, that's all that matters in regard to visuals and Bethesda.

I am too hyped. Like, to quantify how hyped I am in one sentence:

I can choose to kill that robot butler if, for any reason, I want to.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Do not worry about those screenshots, he may have it set to "limited" and not "full RGB" for the comparison's sake. (Not to mention the Bethesda one is clearly touched to "perfection".)

Since limited is default, just as jpeg is too.
I assume these screenshots were taken by the share button, it doesn't matter which color range he's using in that case. The only way he could screw up the colors like that is if he cranked up the brightness from within the game's settings.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I don't understand the constant complaints about the graphics but then say I'll buy it anyway. Why not use this opportunity to vote with your wallet. Let Bethesda know you demand better from this franchise.

I appreciate good art and graphics as anyone else, but I wouldn't not buy a game just because it is not competing for the best graphics. I have bought graphically stunning games that I likely would not have bought were it not for their graphics. You can vote with your wallet in this way too.

Shitty performance is a different thing though. I feel totally warranted to not buy a game if it is has a bad frame rate, tearing, or similar glitches like AC:U or the PC-version of Arkham Knight.

Beyond the character models, Oblivion looked top notch at the time.

Still, it's weird. After mods, their games usually turn out to be some of the prettiest you can find(Well, you can't get fallout 3 to look good).

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic looked a lot better though it wasn't an open world game but it was a first person fantasy action game.Though I understand that Oblivion was delayed and was supposed to be released in 2005 not 2006.

FATALITY

Banned
I don't understand the constant complaints about the graphics but then say I'll buy it anyway. Why not use this opportunity to vote with your wallet. Let Bethesda know you demand better from this franchise.
I'm a huge R6 fan but after the beta I realized I can no longer support the franchise and canceled my order.
With the amount of negative comments about Fallout 4, I'm pretty sure the same amount of non purchases would send a message.

i cant talk about for everyone. but im pissed because im pretty sure they could do a lot more.
i mean if this game looked like gta5 on ps4 people wouldnt complain that much.

the problem is this game looks like shit and it is 30fps.
and they have the resources and money even if they didnt have the former they could hire some other company to do that job

naitosan

People need to stop saying OMG graphics look ugly! They need to know Fallout isn't known for graphics but gameplay and open world explorering. I mean Fallout 3 pretty either but my god I spent over 200 hours on it and it's an incredible, massive game.

At least they updated the graphics and engine so be graceful. Let alone, they provide mods support so anyone can enhance FO4 graphically. Definitely excited to play Fallout 4 on day one. :D

People need to stop saying OMG graphics look ugly! They need to know Fallout isn't known for graphics but gameplay and open world explorering. I mean Fallout 3 pretty either but my god I spent over 200 hours on it and it's an incredible, massive game.

At least they updated the graphics and engine so be graceful. Definitely excited to play Fallout 4 on day one. :D

What the fuck do you want people to talk about in a screenshot thread?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I assume these screenshots were taken by the share button, it doesn't matter which color range he's using in that case. The only way he could screw up the colors like that is if he cranked up the brightness from within the game's settings.

Are you sure? I could have sworn people in the past mentioned to change the settings when they seen washed out screenshots, and it fixed it. Especially when sites like DF did comparison videos and screenshots early on.

I'd say that's pretty much everyone, though most can forgive one poor aspect of a game if the other parts are great.

I can agree with that as well.

And also they can still be disappointed and share the disappointment without being hammered for it with disingenuous postings to counter.

Any chance this started as a cross-gen release? If so, that would likely explain the visuals.

That is what a lot of us feel.

alfablac

Banned
TBH I do expect better visuals for a multi millionaire company.
All post-apocalyptical games that I know have good sale numbers. Even indies. I think that anything they put in it would be mind blowing just for the sake of the genre. "Mediocrity must not be rewarded", as someone said here before. If this is their 2015 AAA they can fire the entire team

At least they updated the graphics and engine so be graceful. Definitely excited to play Fallout 4 on day one. :D
I think it's fair to say that a large amount of people enjoy Fallout because of the atmosphere, and that's hard to do when it looks like it's made of dollhouse toys

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
i cant talk about for everyone. but im pissed because im pretty sure they could do a lot more.
i mean if this game looked like gta5 on ps4 people wouldnt complain that much.

the problem is this game looks like shit and it is 30fps.
and they have the resources and money even if they didnt have the former they could hire some other company to do that job
Aside from animation quality this is quite comparable to GTAV on ps4.

I think this ia the worst argument I've seen posted over and over in this thread honestly

Steel

Banned
Oh yes. Even the models were not that big of problem back then. The game looked amazing.

From my pov, they are not even trying. They have found a formula that makes them tons of money, even without going for state of the art tech. With those graphics the PC version *should* run great if they even optimize...i mean once fans optimize it for them.
All things considered, this is cost cutting in action.

Honestly, though, I'm okay with that. It means the game comes out quick, development hell is unlikely and they're probably not gonna turn to scummy microtransactions or server side check ins to recoup cost like other AAA games(weird coming from the maker of horse armor, but Elder Scrolls/fallout DLC is generally good value). And, in the end, with a thriving mod community the game becomes more interesting than any other AAA's singleplayer in the end.

PnCIa

Honestly, though, I'm okay with that. It means the game comes out quick, development hell is unlikely and they're probably not gonna turn to scummy microtransactions or server side check ins to recoup cost like other AAA. And, in the end, with a thriving mod community the game becomes more interesting than any other AAA's singleplayer in the end.
I agree. It looks totally serviceable, if it only runs well on PC.

eh, looks more than acceptable, bethesda doesn't much care for graphics after all

it will still sell gangbusters, if they have the freedom to choose where to invest their money they should take advantage of it

Any chance this started as a cross-gen release? If so, that would likely explain the visuals.
They said they started work on it pretty much when Skyrim was being worked on.

I really don't care about the quality of the graphics, I'm in to Fallout for the world, sidequests, characters, guns and lore. That's what I'm most excited about then worrying about pushing graphical limits.

I think mods are pretty relaxed right now, but if you dare come into the df article thread and complain about people who are critizing the graphics, because the gameplay is so awesome, you might not partake in anymore discussions for a few days here.

It really get's annoying.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Are you sure? I could have sworn people in the past mentioned to change the settings when they seen washed out screenshots, and it fixed it. Especially when sites like DF did comparison videos and screenshots early on.
Yeah, PS4 pulls screenshots directly from the frame. DF guys use their own capture kits so they're supposed to use the full range setting.

Looks great especially for what it is. Love the colors. People need to keep in mind that in Bethesda games there are little details all over the place and things to interact with. This is like an Uncharted scripted thrill ride. They are going for different things. I think it looks great either way but I appreciate the attention to detail even though its not by any means gonna stand out as an amazing game graphically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom