• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacBosse

horizon-zero-dawn-e3-2015-ps4-sony-video-game-screenshots-21.jpg

This is quality.

Not that I'm about to defend the graphics of Fallout 4, but not even Horizon looks like that really ... not yet anyways. Did you look at the latest video? Rough.

zoukka

Looks just like what you would expect from bethesda. Performance is way more important than what the game looks like. We are all used to their games looking like this it's not a big deal if it runs decently.

GHG

Not that I'm about to defend the graphics of Fallout 4, but not even Horizon looks like that really ... not yet anyways. Did you look at the latest video? Rough.

The "rough" video in exactly the same location as the original reveal gameplay?

Ok.

lol just want to say that the : "Omg it look so freaking bad"
This really just look like a "Hate-train" starting rolling lol.

It look "normal" to me, i guess most people here saw the gameplay footage right?

The game will look like the gameplay we saw. And Video > Stills images

https://youtu.be/XLB-2mAJ5AY ( put in 1080p )

Game look good to me, don't get all the "freak out" lol. Video > screenshoot images.

We will surely have video and stream popping out this week. We will know for sure!

aravuus

No but in mgs v the ai have very basic patterns since it's not an RPG with tons of depth

What kind of AI patterns are you expecting from FO4, then? Earlier Bethesda games' AI is literally "I see the player, now I'll attack them". I'm not expecting anything else this time around.

We are all used to their games looking like this it's not a big deal if it runs decently.

I don't really feel that way.

I feel like for their time, both Fallout 3 and Skyrim looked really nice visually. Or at least for me, I was really impressed by their visuals at the time of their release. And the visuals looking nice has always been a selling point for me.

From what I've seen of Fallout 4 though, it just doesn't look that great. Serviceable, sure. But I remember back when that Skyrim trailer came out and I was blown away by it. Haven't felt like that at all with what I've seen of Fallout 4 so far.

The visuals obviously are only a small part of a game like this but the visuals coming across as lackluster seems especially odd when you look at how they're trying to go for a more BioWare style cinematic look to the dialogue with the voiced PC. You'd think if they were tossing resources into a voiced PC, they'd have poured a bit more resources into the visuals too. Its obviously better than Fallout 3 and Skyrim but its not quite the great leap forward I had expected for Bethesda's first nextgen game.

Jobbs

Banned
Is there anywhere we can download high quality direct feed of FO4 gameplay? I checked Gamersyde but the only video I saw was off-cam from the reveal event.

Tagyhag

Well graphics aside, if they make the engine less shit and be able to withstand more than 5 mods without exploding then I'll be happy.

Yeah yeah I had like 150 running on 3 but those random crashes were annoying, thank God for CASM.

Cloyster

Banned

I feel like for their time, both Fallout 3 and Skyrim looked really nice visually. Or at least for me, I was really impressed by their visuals at the time of their release. And the visuals looking nice has always been a selling point for me.

From what I've seen of Fallout 4 though, it just doesn't look that great. Serviceable, sure. But I remember back when that Skyrim trailer came out and I was blown away by it. Haven't felt like that at all with what I've seen of Fallout 4 so far.

The visuals obviously are only a small part of a game like this but the visuals coming across as lackluster seems especially odd when you look at how they're trying to go for a more BioWare style cinematic look to the dialogue with the voiced PC. You'd think if they were tossing resources into a voiced PC, they'd have poured a bit more resources into the visuals too. Its obviously better than Fallout 3 and Skyrim but its not quite the great leap forward I had expected for Bethesda's first nextgen game.

I remember thinking the FO3 faces were astoundingly ugly the second I saw them. So I'm very thankful that's greatly improved.

Rixxan

It look "normal" to me, i guess most people here saw the gameplay footage right?

Game look good to me, don't get all the "freak out" lol. Video > screenshoot images.

We will surely have video and stream popping out this week. We will know for sure!

To be honest if you pause that footage during that same view of the screenshot thats drawing so much ire ITT - it looks much better in that footage

shadows appearing further out, etc

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Seeing those screenshots I wonder how cut down will Kingdom Come have to become to run on consoles

Not all that much i'd assume. Considering how good a lot of open world games even looked last gen compared to Bethesda's efforts this has more to do with their development cycle than showing the pinnacle what PS4 or XB1 can do visually.

Farcry 4 looks years away from this for example, although that's nowhere near as interactive as this engine, which is what i'm assuming Bethesda is interested in

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

That's exactly what they did, if you look at a conversation in their older games, their characters have no animations to react to the conversations. I mean you compare the conversation he had with the vault tech salesman to the conversations in older bethesda games or even older bioware games. I mean characters would literally just stand there compared to this.
REMohqi.gif

Sakura

Doesn't look very good, but it's not like I am surprised. Oh well, still getting it anyway.

Why the hell do people upload jpg screenshots though?

zoukka

I've always disliked Bethesdas art direction, especially their characters it's a non-issue for me at this point.

MacBosse

So for arguments sake, let's say Horizon does indeed look "rough".

What does that make Fallout 4 look like then?

Well first of, I wasn't the one trying to compare any games graphics to Fallout 4's. I have a habit of not doing that, and very much so when I haven't even played the game yet. The point was that if anyone needs to compare characters from different games I think in-game screenshots would be a minimum.

However, the "rough" comment was made because I think Horizon looked like it was struggling alot with keeping a steady fps.

So, what does Fallout 4 look like? It looks ok to me. No more, no less. I'm more concerned about animations, AI and how the progression is handled in the game since past Bethesda games have been somewhat lacking for me in those areas.

That's exactly what they did, if you look at a conversation in their older games, their characters have no animations to react to the conversations. I mean you compare the conversation he had with the vault tech salesman to the conversations in older bethesda games or even older bioware games. I mean characters would literally just stand there compared to this.
REMohqi.gif

People don't like to look at the bigger picture and everything going around in the game. Instead they literally like to look at just pictures and judge. Granted the excuse is, "well we have nothing else to go off of, we are allowed to critique it, etc" Fair enough and you know that's cool but there is difference between critiquing it as some have (and those are totally welcome) , and others just talking shit out of their mouths. Well... then you could also just wait till you get it, play it, or maybe even see even just a little bit of what the game play in depth is like is before jumping to conclusions. Open world games have so much going on for them other then graphics and people reacting in here like it's one of the worst looking games ever is just ultimately silly.

Kathian

Banned
REMohqi.gif

You're not wrong but am not expecting this outside of some specific scenes. Overall it'll be the talking head.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well first of, I wasn't the one trying to compare any games graphics to Fallout 4's. I have a habit of not doing that, and very much so when I haven't even played the game yet. The point was that if anyone needs to compare characters from different games I think in-game screenshots would be a minimum.

However, the "rough" comment was made because I think Horizon looked like it was struggling alot with keeping a steady fps.

What's the point of comparing a gold game to an unfinished product a year or more out?

So, what does Fallout 4 look like? It looks ok to me. No more, no less. I'm more concerned about animations, AI and how the progression is handled in the game since past Bethesda games have been somewhat lacking for me in those areas.

Okay, it had fps problems, but this game is a year away and we don't know anything on how good Fallout 4 runs, but we know how it'll look and that's why the person made the comparison.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

Wait did that guy just defeat a Deathclaw at level 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom