• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurinka

Looks good for a PS3 game. Better than I expected.

But looks awful for a PS4 AAA game that is going to receive a 90+ Metacritic score and will sell at least more than half a dozen million copies.

"meow"?

53142-1-1381902937.jpg

Good ole Rex!
LOL! Which game?

Game doesn't look all that great, but I never expected it to wow me. Future mods will make it look amazing so no worries. Only thing im worried about is the writing/story, Bethesda always falls short there for me.

drotahorror

Looks awful but I'm gonna bet that the shots weren't uploaded properly and something is more wrong than just compression. Those shots look like way more lower resolution than 1080p. Look like 480p stretched or something.

some screenshots reminded me of one of those bad looking obscure pc exclusives that were released years ago but still looking forward to playing this.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
People don't like to look at the bigger picture and everything going around in the game. Instead they literally like to look at just pictures and judge. Granted the excuse is, "well we have nothing else to go off of, we are allowed to critique it, etc" Fair enough and you know that's cool but there is difference between critiquing it as some have (and those are totally welcome) , and others just talking shit out of their mouths. Well... then you could also just wait till you get it, play it, or maybe even see even just a little bit of what the game play in depth is like is before jumping to conclusions. Open world games have so much going on for them other then graphics and people reacting in here like it's one of the worst looking games ever is just ultimately silly.
Yea it's unfortunate.

You're not wrong but am not expecting this outside of some specific scenes. Overall it'll be the talking head.
Yes but they still have more reactions than literally just standing there. They still have subtle gestures. Which is a big improvement over nothing.

Jesus those screenshots are horrible. Just compare the first one to their 4K PC screenshot:

WTF

Nope, not preordering this game. I will wait for reviews. I hope they didn't screw up the PC version. At least with graphics this bad it should be easily possible to run this game at 4K. Right...?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Gemüsepizza;183666317 said:
Jesus those screenshots are horrible. Just compare the first one to their 4K PC screenshot:

WTF

Nope, not preordering this game. I will wait for reviews. I hope they didn't screw up the PC version. At least with graphics this bad it should be easily possible to run this game at 4K. Right...?

Do not worry about those screenshots, he may have it set to "limited" and not "full RGB" for the comparison's sake. (Not to mention the Bethesda one is clearly touched to "perfection".)

Since limited is default, just as jpeg is too.

Crossing Eden

WTF

You're surprised that a direct feed 4K PC screenshot looks a shit ton better than a ps4 share button jpg uploaded to imgur?

MacBosse

Yes, but he was the one who said Horizon looked rough because it's performance issues.

Anyway, let's not get too much OT.

Yeah lets leave it at that.

But lets discuss another subject. All you guys that thinks Fallout 4 looks "horrible" "disgusting" "worst I've seen in my life" "PS2" and what not. What were your thoughts on Fallout 3s graphics when it released?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is that bottom garage pic a bullshot? because it looks sweet (I know its supposed t be the PC version, Im still wondering if its a bullshot)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah lets leave it at that.

But lets discuss another subject. All you guys that thinks Fallout 4 looks "horrible" "disgusting" "worst I've seen in my life" "PS2" and what not. What were your thoughts on Fallout 3s graphics when it released?

Those posts are clearly hyperbole, and I would just ignore them... how about those of us disappointed that in late 2015 it is missing basic graphical tech that has been a staple the past 3-4 years.

Yea it's unfortunate.

Yes but they still have more reactions than literally just standing there. They still have subtle gestures. Which is a big improvement over nothing.

I agree completely and if people think that's going to be the only exception. LOL well let them think that. The ability to have spoken dialog by the main characters helps immensely as well.

JoseLopez

What kind of AI patterns are you expecting from FO4, then? Earlier Bethesda games' AI is literally "I see the player, now I'll attack them". I'm not expecting anything else this time around.
Even in fo3 the ai would do stuff all over the open world without you being their. In mgs v the ai have very set path finding until you attack them and in the witcher 3 while eons more dynamic their beyond brain dead during combat.

213372bu

Banned
The style looked cool initially, and I still can appreciate in some isolated screenshots but...

The characters are so jarring with the world.

Like, all the characters have this bright filter over them and they clearly are looking like they "pop out" from the world. And no, it's not just because of the plainclothes shots before the bomb dropped.

Even the soldiers don't have that style that matches the environment of the wasteland, much unlike the characters we saw in 3/NV.

Which is weird considering that the gameplay trailer post E3 didn't have that "glaringly obvious" juxtaposition of characters and the world.

Weird, but still buying day one.

is that bottom garage pic a bullshot? because it looks sweet (I know its supposed t be the PC version, Im still wondering if its a bullshot)

I hope thats about what the PC version on Ultra looks like. I would he cool with that. There's still some issues with it but overall it looks pretty nice.

lol just want to say that the : "Omg it look so freaking bad"
This really just look like a "Hate-train" starting rolling lol.

It look "normal" to me, i guess most people here saw the gameplay footage right?

The game will look like the gameplay we saw. And Video > Stills images

https://youtu.be/XLB-2mAJ5AY ( put in 1080p )

Game look good to me, don't get all the "freak out" lol. Video > screenshoot images.

We will surely have video and stream popping out this week. We will know for sure!

Except that the PS4 shots don't look nearly as nice as that. I believe the baby room isn't even as sterile in that. Or wait....i don't think we even see that room in the trailer.

WTF

I would not worry about that. Look at the craz colour difference. Like someone here said, could very well be the Limited/RGB Full thing.

I'm not gonna lie though, this shit is midly affecting my enthusiasm for the game. I really was not expecting the full game to look any less than the released footage tbh. Guess i could have seen it coming. It did not say 'captured on a Xbox One'' when it was shown during MS' show. But then again...does MS ever do that?

hunchback

I don't understand the constant complaints about the graphics but then say I'll buy it anyway. Why not use this opportunity to vote with your wallet. Let Bethesda know you demand better from this franchise.
I'm a huge R6 fan but after the beta I realized I can no longer support the franchise and canceled my order.
With the amount of negative comments about Fallout 4, I'm pretty sure the same amount of non purchases would send a message.

Crossing Eden

I agree completely and if people think that's going to be the only exception. LOL well let them think that. The ability to have spoken dialog by the main characters helps immensely as well.
I've already seen other unique ones so yea. People will be eating crow. :D

Cloyster

Banned
I don't understand the constant complaints about the graphics but then say I'll buy it anyway. Why not use this opportunity to vote with your wallet. Let Bethesda know you demand better from this franchise.
I'm a huge R6 fan but after the beta I realized I can no longer support the franchise and canceled my order.
With the amount of negative comments about Fallout 4, I'm pretty sure the same amount of non purchases would send a message.

Because, and this may surprise you...

a game is more than just its graphics.

alfablac

Banned

I totally agree with you but we aren't the majority. Unfortunately.
EDIT: and I would include the season pass cancer that spread over the game industry.

I just hope bathesda remembered to click the "display as .png" box instead of the "display as .jpg" box on the gold discs, if not, we will have to wait for the shadows and ao till the day 1 patch.

Probably because visuals aren't the only reason most people play video games.

You can be disappointed in the graphics while still being interested in the game as a whole.

spannicus

Gonna play in 4k. The Witcher 3 and Gta5 really did set standards for open world rpgs. Not bothered by the graphics much. Fallout 3 was my shit.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I stopped supporting R6 after Raven Shield. I tried to get into Vegas, I really did, yes it catered more to the CoD/MoH type crowd, but still retained it's roots as well, more of a hybrid, but man that Raven Shield was so so good.

Have not cared for a R6 game since sadly. *pours out some 40oz*

Anywho, do not want to stray off topic, and I agree. I may just wait a bit on this, when I was going to get it day 1. Read reviews, get sucked into Battlefront, still need to pick up Drake Collection, and by then most patches will be out, as well as a reduced price.

Probably because visuals aren't the only reason most people play video games.

You can be disappointed in the graphics while still being interested in the game as a whole.

People play games for more than just visuals thankfully.

Agreed. And people also play games wanting both.

Crossing Eden

People play games for more than just visuals thankfully.

I just hope bathesda remembered to click the "display as .png" box instead of the "display as .jpg" box on the gold discs, if not, we will have to wait for the shadows and ao till the day 1 patch.
Although jpg vs png can make litttle difference in some cases, using these as an indication of IQ isn't exactly a good idea. We KNOW it won't look this bad or blurry in motion.

Steel

Banned
They never had a good looking game. Skyrim looked okayish back in 2011 but nothing else stands out. They draw me in with their worlds and how detailed it actually is.

Beyond the character models, Oblivion looked top notch at the time.

Still, it's weird. After mods, their games usually turn out to be some of the prettiest you can find(Well, you can't get fallout 3 to look good).

Darkgran

Do you mean the negative comments on GAF from people who haven't played the game yet?

Really no matter what I'm still going to get it. Fallout games have always been ugly.

It's an experience of hundred of hours. All Bethesda games are like that. Bethesda games is a stable of gaming as a whole.

Can't be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom