• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5: Welcome to Hope County, Montana teaser videos, full reveal May 26th

So Sony are marketing this so it's safe to say Microsoft got Assassin's Creed. I don't think Sony would corner the market on third party titles.

They have Red Dead 2, Destiny 2, and CoD WWII as well, so I would think otherwise.

Pretty much the only company that still moneyhats for MS is EA.

Keasar

Not sure if this will sell me on a Far Cry, but hey, I am kinda glad that it plays out for once in an temperate area of non-poverty.... presumably, unless Montana has gone to shits without people knowing.

Very excited for the setting alone. Hopefully they change up the FC formula enough to make the game feel fresh again. Montana is an amazing state. The terrain and weather variables are nuts. I experienced all four seasons in the span of three hours when I was out there for my brother's wedding. I hope it starts all back wood bumpkins, religious nutters and meth heads and slowly works its way to the mega rich who run the world and have cabins in Big Sky.

Well it's definitely modern day.

You can see modern buildings and a modern propane tank.

That sadly has lessened my interest over it being a 19th century wild west game.

Laieon

Might be the first Fry Cry game I'm interested in.

After living in Korea for 3 years, any bit of Americana gets me.

iTehDroiD

Neo Member
So the logo pretty much gives the cop setting away that was rumored a few days ago. Not excited for this tbh. Gives me a Bf Hardline vibe.

I still have to wait and see what they show friday of course. Lets hope they finally use better animations and not the same ones since Far Cry 2

packy34

Farcry, Assassin's Creed, Just Dance, South Park, Rabbitds Battle Kingdom, probably something else secret.

They've already shown South Park (and given it a new release date) and they're about to show Far Cry. They've also announced The Crew 2 ahead of the event. Seems like an unusual strategy is all

What is Ubisoft even going to show at E3 at this point

Gameplay for the announced stuff. We likely won't see much of Far Cry 5 other than get teaser trailer with a logo, and they announced The Crew 2 with no footage shown yet. Lump Assassin's Creed (hasn't been announced yet) in there and possibly talk about a new Tom Clancy game and I figure they'll have enough for a conference.

Let's also not forget Just Dance, Rabbids etc.

They've already shown South Park (and given it a new release date) and they're about to show Far Cry. They've also announced The Crew 2 ahead of the event. Seems like an unusual strategy is all
Nope it's not. E3 is not the time to announce games. That's an astronomically stupid strategy. They're announcing games now and showing little. They will show more at E3

Fisty

So I guess Call of Juarez is dead then. Speaking of... where the hell is Dying Light 2? Hopefully we get an E3 reveal

I absolutely expect there to be a fire watch tower and for there to be a Firewatch easter egg. Close the Far Cry Thumbs loop Ubi. Do it.

DNAbro

This really doesn't feel that different from before. We are going to get "live" gameplay for all the above which will make up the majority of the conference. Then some thing secret to end it like always.

So I guess Call of Juarez is dead then. Speaking of... where the hell is Dying Light 2? Hopefully we get an E3 reveal
What do either of those games have to do with this?

So "astronomically stupid" that every pub has done it for 15 years
Well they haven't been doing that recently, because yes it's stupid. Games get glossed over and forgotten about because there's a slew of information for a load of different games coming at once. Devs have copped on to this and have started to announce games before E3 and elaborate on them at E3. Ubisoft have been doing this for years.

Fbh

Montana sounds kinda uninteresting at first, specially comming after the Himalayas or the early years of mankind.

But I like the vibe they are going for. If you are a cop, there is something like a cult and they make it like an over the top version of true detective this could be pretty cool.

Lmao does Ubisoft hate America now?

Who doesn't?

By the way, the throwaway reddit account said this dealt with Christianity extremism cult in the deep center North America.
Let me fetch the post

giphy.gif

Wait, focus testing is still a thing in 2017? I thought we all agreed actual customers are the best source of feedback? The "leaked" details come from an apparent focus tester for the game.

Very much still a thing. Weirdly the compensation has been going up. Even 5 years ago, it was $50 or $75. You usually get feed, play the game for an hour, and then talk about what you thought of the game. Sometimes they throw box art at you to give your opinion but i haven't seen that done in years. I just did one for $250 and basically all I had to do is give feedback to a couple of upcoming E3 trailers.The people running the meetings have gotten way more intense.For example there was this one trailer they showed three times with different colors. I made a comment about it being the Mass Effect 3 ending of trailers. The other people laughed. I almost got kicked out by the interviewer but luckily one of the people watching behind the one way mirror glass wall wanted me to explain it.

They've already shown South Park (and given it a new release date) and they're about to show Far Cry.

When is the new release date?

Also I keep wondering when Splinter Cell will return.

Stiler

I mean it's no more unrealistic in other games, but I'm sure there will be more modern vehicles and weapons.

But there are some pretty secluded places in American once you get to more rural and open spaces.

Doesn't matter how "secluded" it is, going around having gameplay like Far Cry 4, etc and just blasting people all over will feel out of place for that setting if they try to make the setting/story realistic.

How does being set in America change anything?

You can picture someone in modern day Montana doing anything like in FC 3/4 and it wouldn't feel "out of place" for the setting and time period?

It'd be like a GTA game having you play as a cop and then ignoring all the violence that comes with the gameplay of GTA games usually.

jelly

So, no game play trailer, just a real life trailer?

Interested if the sandbox and missions are fun and not just the same as last time.

MaxiLive

I like the tone of these teasers and it would be great to see the game follow them but I really don't think that fits the modern FarCry series so I'm guessing the world will feel a lot more alive rather than isolated.

Interested to see more as I tend to always enjoy the Farcry games to some degree!

Top Bottom