• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5: Welcome to Hope County, Montana teaser videos, full reveal May 26th

Well it isn't Wild West.

*looks at third teaser*

latest

Modern day Red Dawn in Montana instead of Colorado?

Edit: just saw rumored premise of religious cult/militia. Makes a lot of sense in this day and age of batshit insane white nationalist evangelicals.

tilomite!

How does Ubisoft crank these games out so fast? I wish they would slow down for some games. Wildlands was a great world with tons of potential, bit they needed to add more fun.

Anyways, I'm excited for the reveal on Friday.

Boke1879

How does Ubisoft crank these games out so fast? I wish they would slow down for some games. Wildlands was a great world with tons of potential, bit they needed to add more fun.

Anyways, I'm excited for the reveal on Friday.

They are a machine that understand the market better than anyone. They know what games to make and how to make em.

They will most likely be the number one publisher this year as far as unit sales when all is said and done.

Elixist

woo great teasers (helps that real reveal is soon) montana is such a beautiful place, this could be something special. a lil bit of zombies on the side could be interesting.

please have new animations please have new animations please have new animations please have new animations please have new animations.....

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah I mean Ubisoft haven't used that engine for Farcry since the 1st game and it's spins offs . Seems strange they aren't using their own engine

They are. It is Dunia 2, derivation of CryEngine. As for CryEngine being used in the small print, i assume it is due to licensing terms or something like that.

MikeBison

Having been watching a lot of twin peaks recently, this could definitely be my jam if it has the rumoured cop theme. Rogue cop in beautiful forests, waterfalls and weird townspeople sounds awesome.

Good lord, some people.....hilarious.

FC5? LMFAO REALLY? SMH... IM CONVINCED PEOPLE WILL JUST PLAY ANYTHING NOWADAYS. I dont understand how people call themselves real R* game fans and can play trash repetitive ass open world UBIsh*t games. How do you go from go from Gucci to Kmart..UNREAL!

So yeah. I think the wait for RDR2 is getting to the fella or something.

As for FarCry 5, seems like it will be more like a True Detective setting than old west. Nah scratch that, this is no old west at all. Looking forward to Friday for sure.

diaspora

I anticipate that any stupidass jabroni that whines or shakes their fist at "SJWs" or "SJW sissies" is going to get their ass into a twist with where this game seems like it's headed.

And it's going to be glorious.

Griss

I love the idea that we're at a point graphically where you can release a live a live action trailer and some people will think it's in-engine. We've come a long way.

I anticipate that any stupidass jabroni that whines or shakes their fist at "SJWs" or "SJW sissies" is going to get their ass into a twist with where this game seems like it's headed.

And it's going to be glorious.

Really? Are identity politics a big deal out in Montana? I would have thought that this was the furthest place in the US from all that political bullshit.

Game sounds like it's going to be about religion.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I love the idea that we're at a point graphically where you can release a live a live action trailer and some people will think it's in-engine. We've come a long way.

Really? Are identity politics a big deal out in Montana? I would have thought that this was the furthest place in the US from all that political bullshit.

Well, yeah. I agree, it's getting hard to tell. For me, nothing is real until it's out there in the wild.

Top Bottom