• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually he did nothing but save his daughter and the law in that state actually protects what the father did 100%. I suggest you get your facts straight before you come in here insulting rational and law abiding citizens.

Good, I hope "abiding by the law" pays for his daughter's therapy bills when she can't reconcile "being protected" with seeing her father fly into a rage and beat a man to death with his bare hands. Because if it's within the law, then it must be perfectly okay and rational.

If the kid wakes up at night screaming with nightmares of getting molested and then watching a guy flip the fuck out and kill the molester, the dad can just say "it was within the law, honey. I'm rational. Stop trolling."

But the dad got to do what he wanted to do, so he's cool. Now he's got a "bad ass" story to tell, am i right?

alphaNoid

Banned
It was either death or a bunch of years in prison, followed by being a life-long sex offender. Plus the dad didn't mean to kill him - I mean, a few punches usually doesn't do that much damage.

A dad like that has the thunder of Zeus behind each punch though, and Zeus willing those punches will destroy.

Good, I hope "abiding by the law" pays for his daughter's therapy bills when she can't reconcile "being protected" with seeing her father fly into a rage and beat a man to death with his bare hands. Because if it's within the law, then it must be perfectly okay and rational.

If the kid wakes up at night screaming with nightmares of getting molested and then watching a guy flip the fuck out and kill the molester, the dad can just say "it was within the law, honey. I'm rational. Stop trolling."

But the dad got to do what he wanted to do, so he's cool. Now he's got a "bad ass" story to tell, am i right?

I guarantee you this girl will grow up and always remember the day her daddy saved her. Mind you, she alerted her family to the problem with blood curdling screams ... and her screams were answered by her super hero ass dad who came to her rescue. Will she possibly need some professional help to overcome the shock of what all occurred? Likely, but that doesn't change the fact that her dad came to her rescue that day.

Also note, not sure if you're aware of this or not but immediately after destroying the perp, and while on the phone with 911 dispatch the dad and his wife were performing CPR on the pedophile and begging for emergency services to come asap to save the mans life. Its all of this is why this is a no brainer and why the dad will never face charges.

The pedophile paid the iron price.

LevelNth

Banned
Here's a hypothetical situation for you guys, see how you feel about it.

Father doesn't kill man who raped his daughter, just knocks him off and he gets arrested. Either through a technicality or simply serving his time, man is eventually released from prison. Being a product of the shoddy American penal system, doesn't get the help he needs and is still mentally disturbed. Through sheer obsession, eventually returns and finds the daughter again, regardless of age, and this time rapes and kills her.

How does the Father feel?

Is the man who raped her condemned to this action, so much so he should be prematurely punished for it? No, of course, not.

The question is simply how do you think the Father would then feel? How would you feel were it you?

ist2_597228-father-of-the-year-trophy-225x300.jpg

Here's a hypothetical situation for you guys, see how you feel about it.

Father doesn't kill man who raped his daughter, just knocks him off and he gets arrested. Either through a technicality or simply serving his time, man is eventually released from prison. Being a product of the shoddy American penal system, doesn't get the help he needs and is still mentally disturbed. Through sheer obsession, eventually returns and finds the daughter again, regardless of age, and this time rapes and kills her.

How does the Father feel?

Is the man who raped her condemned to this action, so much so he should be prematurely punished for it? No, of course, not.

The question is simply how do you think the Father would then feel? How would you feel were it you?

I would feel like the rest of my life needs to be devoted to developing a time machine so I can go back and kill the rapist's parents before they procreate.

Raiden

Banned
You know what would be really messed up?

If it was the father actually doing the abusing, and that guy walked in on him, the father jumped him and knocked him to death. Then told this story to the authorities.

You're arguing that getting her life saved is going to traumatize her because she saw it as brutal? I grant you the possibility, although I think it's very slim.

And according to the call, he didn't want to kill him.

Nah. Once the threat is removed by pulling the assailant off the victim, you don't have a right to then beat the guy to death. This is a no indictment out of sympathy, nothing more. It has nothing to do with the law.

Question: If I pull the assailant off the victim, and he tries to fight me off, can I consider the threat has not ended?

eznark

Banned
you people are really dense

how does killing a guy in a moment of passion do anything healthy for the future of anybody involved? The guy put himself at risk for jail, a felony, and probably doubled the trauma his daughter underwent as a result. He's an idiot who didn't think about the future at all. It was some selfish action hero bullshit.

i'm not surprised "Everyman Joe" GAF is totally behind this.

Know what's worse than going to jail? Letting your 4 year old daughter get raped.

Well if this isn't the amalgamation of a few SVU episodes I got sucked into watching yesterday
like 6 hours of them

I can't say I have an issue with the way it was handled. Would this have been a less clear story if a gun was involved though? or were the fathers actions already considered lethal force?
You know what would be really messed up?

If it was the father actually doing the abusing, and that guy walked in on him, the father jumped him and knocked him to death. Then told this story to the authorities.
And my law and order marathon continues...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Can't believe all the people here are okay with murder. You don't kill another human being, unless there absolutely is no other way. You aren't going to tell me the guy who was doing the abusing was unconscious before he died. The father should have left it at that.
It's nature's way. You fuck with a lion cub and the mother is going to rip you apart. Same thing here.

The man got what he deserved.

Fuck all of you attempting to act as if this asshole had any rights at that point.

It's nature's way. You fuck with a lion cub and the mother is going to rip you apart. Same thing here.

The man got what he deserved.

Fuck all of you attempting to act as if this asshole had any rights at that point.

I don't think anyone has played the rights card yet, thankfully.

I'm very much of the view though that once you commit a crime like this you forfeit your right to rights.

Haven't read up much on this story, have you? The man (understandably) lost control. He was not in any way happy about what happened. What he wanted has very little to do with it.

BHZ Mayor

Apparently the thing to do would have been to walk up to the guy and say "Excuse me, good sir. Would you kindy stop molesting my 4-year old daughter? Would you like a glass of water for your troubles?"

J-Rod

Won't someone please think of the child rapist?

Dad has zero charges against him and his daughter will never hold an ounce of resentment towards him. Sorry.

Don't ever have children please.

Oh, I definitely will. And if your kid ever rapes mine, I'LL KILL HIM

Apparently the thing to do would have been to walk up to the guy and say "Excuse me, good sir. Would you kindy stop molesting my 4-year old daughter? Would you like a glass of water for your troubles?"
No. The thing to do is punch the guy, call the police, and have him jailed for years. There's a difference between punching a guy and punching a guy TO DEATH.

Ever been in a fight or in rage mode?
Good luck keeping control of your self.
If you can do that you're probably a better person then me, keep in mind someone is going to punch you or you're full of adrenaline heart pumping.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
No. The thing to do is punch the guy, call the police, and have him jailed for years. There's a difference between punching a guy and punching a guy TO DEATH.
Do you believe the father actually intended to kill the man?

BHZ Mayor

There's also a difference between intentionally killing someone with a clear head and a beating that just so happened to be too much after witnessing your child get molested.

Probably. Then you'd also be defending yourself from him, not only your daughter.

I see, and if anything it would probably be extremely hard to judge at the moment if the reaction was pure defense (don't punch me bro!) or an attempt to overpower.

1) Kill me too (or at least hurt me badly?) because I would be severely debilitated with the idea I raised a rapist.

2)
On the recorded 911 call, the father can be heard crying, and telling the operator, "I need an ambulance. This guy was raping my daughter and I beat him up. And I don't know ... I don't know what to do."

Later in the call, when the operator tells the caller, "I'm working on it if you can hold on," the emotional father says, "The guy's dying on me!"

I mean, a 4-5 yr old being raped by an old fuck? I lost my shit over people kicking a dog.

Hey You

If I saw someone sexually assaulting any kid, mine or not I would give him a good beating. Not enough to kill him though.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Time to Kill indeed.

Carl-Lee-Hailey-150x150.jpg

Since my daughter was born, i've told anyone that would listen that if anything happens to her have bail money ready.

I mean, a 4-5 yr old being raped by an old fuck? I lost my shit over people kicking a dog.
Maybe you've got anger management problems? A dog is a dog, bro. You eat animals every day.

I'd say there's nothing worse than death. A rape is a fucking awful thing, no doubt, but I know a couple of rape victims, and none of them would choose to be dead right now rather than having been raped. So I believe that yes, a murder is worse than rape. And so I hope the investigation makes sure that the killer is not a dangerous man who might do it again, for instance, if a guy in a car hits his daughter or whatever. Of course, if you believe in capital punishment, none of what I'm saying matters.

It really disturbs me to see people condemning a man who is remorseful for the death of the man. He's not a murder-he's a man who had an emotional reaction to his daughter being taken advantage of. What ultra analytical world do some of you guys live in where emotions wouldn't affect this situation at all. Because I really don't want to go there.

It really disturbs me to see people condemning a man who is remorseful for the death of the man. He's not a murder-he's a man who had an emotional reaction to his daughter being taken advantage of. What ultra analytical world do some of you guys live in where emotions wouldn't affect this situation at all. Because I really don't want to go there.
That's called a crime of passion. Just about the same as someone who gets home, find his wife fucking with a guy, and kills him, or both of them or whatever.

If you've punched the rapist/criminal, and he's down, and you've controlled him, you don't need to kill the guy. Emotions aren't cutting it in front of a jury. "But I was really angry!!!"

BHZ Mayor

That's called a crime of passion. Just about the same as someone who gets home, find his wife fucking with a guy, and kills him, or both of them or whatever.

Are you seriously equating an extra-marital affair between two consenting adults to a four year old being molested against her will? Really?

That's it, people. Pack it up. We're done here.

cashman

Banned

If you've punched the rapist/criminal, and he's down, and you've controlled him, you don't need to kill the guy. Emotions aren't cutting it in front of a jury. "But I was really angry!!!"

Legally it's defense of a third person. When a child is being raped by an old man, her life is most certainly in danger. The father basically beat the guy up and called the ambulance. Can't really say intent to kill when he only used his fists or just left him for dead.

Dude Abides

Banned
Are you seriously equating an extra-marital affair between two consenting adults to a four year old being molested against her will? Really?

That's it, people. Pack it up. We're done here.

He's exactly right. You should re-read his post and try to understand it.

Legally it's defense of a third person. When a child is being raped by an old man, her life is most certainly in danger. The father basically beat the guy up and called the ambulance. Can't really say intent to kill when he only used his fists or just left him for dead.

No it isn't. Once the guy is no longer a danger to the girl (he's been pulled off of her), then he's no longer defending her.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag

Are you a real person or a fucking robot??? WTF!?!?

UFRA

I'm amazed this thread is still going with practically the same arguments as it originally had.

We can play the "what if" games forever and get nothing accomplished. It's so easy to say "if you just punch him once and control him you don't need to do anything else!" but in reality fights aren't like in the movies. One punch doesn't make someone go unconscious and become under control. Fights are a chaotic cluster fuck.

No one was there to see it. So we don't know if the rapist faught back and perhaps tried to kill the father????? WHAT IF!?

RedSwirl

You wouldn't know when to stop. I dont think most would in that situation.

The article in the OP doesn't really state that the guy called 911 immediately after and sounded genuinely worried that the other dude was going to die.

Lothars

It was his 4 year old daughter being attacked, I think it's fully understandable how he acted in that situation, he also showed remorse. I am on the side of the dad that nothing should happen to him because yes it sucks the guy died but it's how it went.

I'm amazed this thread is still going with practically the same arguments as it originally had.

We can play the "what if" games forever and get nothing accomplished. It's so easy to say "if you just punch him once and control him you don't need to do anything else!" but in reality fights aren't like in the movies. One punch doesn't make someone go unconscious and become under control. Fights are a chaotic cluster fuck.

No one was there to see it. So we don't know if the rapist faught back and perhaps tried to kill the father????? WHAT IF!?

That's why there is need for investigation. And absolutely no need for multiple calls for a "father of the year" awards, which are a symptom of a very, very mentally ill society. I'm just as worried about that attitude in here than I am about rapists.

The article in the OP doesn't really state that the guy called 911 immediately after and sounded genuinely worried that the other dude was going to die.
I know that the article states that. Unfortunately, if you read most of the replies in here, most people are just saying that this action was heroic, needed and that the rapist deserved to get killed. They aren't respecting the fact that the father showed remorse and tried to call 911. No, they're actually saying that this murder was deserved and heroic. I'm sorry, but that's absolutely mental.

I hope there's a good investigation on this. If the man is proven innocent because he didn't really try to kill the guy, well great. But putting the guy on a pedestal because he killed a criminal? Well, no, sorry.

If you've punched the guy, and he's down, and you've controlled him, you don't need to kill the guy. Emotions aren't cutting it in front of a jury. "But I was really angry!!!"

Then put him through due process, throw him in jail and make a girl that was rescued into a massive victim who is punished simply because her father lost it on a child rapist. Seeing your wife knob slobbering another man (as an example) and seeing your child getting raped are two different things, and it's doubtful that a jury on the face of the earth would see them as the same.

He protected his child, you see. Yep, he fucked up when he lost it, but if there's ever a reason to lose it, then you've found it. It might even help to have legislation around protection of children. Because this was protection ++gettingfuckedupbyemotions, not a straight forward crime of passion.

Dude Abides

Banned
That's why there is need for investigation. And absolutely no need for multiple calls for a "father of the year" awards, which are a symptom of a very, very mentally ill society. I'm just as worried about that attitude in here than I am about rapists.

There was an investigation. The grand jury decided not to indict.

I'm just as worried about people who don't read linked articles as I am about child rapists and vigilantes. Sick, sick society indeed.
The linked article in the OP does not say that at all, I'm sorry.

"Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him.""

If I missed another article, well, sue me. I'm still reacting to the original reactions here, which were vengeful and retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom