• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the blood thirsty wannabe Rambo GAF posters in this thread won't want to know the father showed regret for what he did at the time. They are typing about taking a life like its eating a chicken wing or something.

I don't condone killing, not in any form. But this clearly was a case of diminished responsibility. No charges for the father or manslaughter with no jail time is the right thing

Monocle

It's reasonable to excuse someone for accidentally killing an active assailant in a moment of extreme urgency. If the article is accurate, the father's reaction was warranted.

Posters cheering the molester's death with comments like "Real justice!" might take a moment to reflect on how rarely it is that vengeful impulses lead to anything of the sort. Holding the father blameless for answering rape with manslaughter does nothing to advance the cause of people who think retribution has a place in an equitable justice system.

As a rule, summary executions are not a good thing. Try to be thankful that you live in a time when this isn't a radical statement.

hteng

Banned
i know i would do the same, you can imagine the fury, anger and wraith in the punches, nothing can withstand those.

Vagabundo

Do I have to vow to murder people under certain circumstances in order to get in on this circlejerk?

No, but you have to promise to physically protect someone who is vulnerable and being assaulted.

Any physical action could have fatal consequences, the fact that the father did not want the rapist to die just means he is a good person. Someone of decent character.

Your lack of empathy with the father tells me you are either a troll or sociopath.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
chrisrock.jpg

I'm not saying he should have done it. But I understand.

Joni

Punching the guy in the head until he dies from it was not the right thing to do and the father will have to think about that from jail. We don't need people around who can fly into a murderous rage without foreseeing the consequences of their actions.
He won't spend a minute in a jail, and even if he did, he would be the most adored guy there. Child molesters are treated as dirt in prison. How do you think they'll treat someone who killed a child molester?

And if the molester had thought about his actions, the life of the girl and her father wouldn't be ruined. (Hypothetical) If there was a process and I was in the jury, the verdict would be innocent. (I'm anti-death penalty.)

Pretty damn clear the father didn't go at the guy intending to kill him. He set out to defend his daughter and the piece of shit died in the process. I have no problem with that.

Exactly. I don't know how anyone could expect a different reaction from the father, honestly.

Lord Phol

GAF is not gonna agree with me but I could care less if the father killed him by accident or in rage. Child abusers (and many other) people need to die, be gone from this overpopulated world.
Do stupid shit, pay the price. People cherish life way too much anyways, plenty of people die and plenty of babies are born everyday. If one bad person dies I'm not gonna care.

I am however glad that the child is okey and that she has a father that both protects her and feels remorse for his actions.

Glad to hear some justice.

Over here we had a case where this guy broke into a man's house. Wife, children, etc. all present. They let him take whatever obviously for fear of their lives.

When the thief left the house, the dude chased him down in his car and broke his legs, pinning him up against a wall until the police arrived. No assault charges. Mind you the burglar did get to sue him successfully for 175,000. Makes sense.... :/

Izayoi

Banned
Because he's a fucking rage ball.
Have you ever watched someone you love getting hurt in front of you? Just seeing a sibling getting pushed around sparks incredible anger in me, and invokes and immediate reaction. Walking in on my daughter being raped? Death would probably be the least of his worries. The dude got what was coming to him. We all love to pretend that we're rational, but rationality, at times like that, can be fleeting.

I hope the DA doesn't prosecute the father. He should be given a medal for ridding the world of a pedophile.

From the sounds of it, the father has nothing to fear even if they follow proper procedure. In fact, it's probably beneficiary for the father to have him cleared on all possible charges.

I feel sorry for the girl and her father. To see something like that happen to your child, to have killed another human being. While I understand why he did it, his life and the life of his daughter completely changed in this moment.

I hope the family comes out of this ok.

The guy was concerned that the man was dieing on the 911 call. Probably more about him being the cause of the death than the molester dieing. He hadn't planned to kill anyone that day. He found some guy sexually assaulting his 5 year old and lost control. Its not the perfect reaction but its the most human.

The guy was concerned that the man was dieing on the 911 call. Probably more about him being the cause of the death than the molester dieing. He hadn't planned to kill anyone that day. He found some guy sexually assaulting his 5 year old and lost control. Its not the perfect reaction but its the most human.
Only if we could all be like this...

Justice.

I have a 4yr old daughter, and my reaction would've been the same.

prison-bars.jpg

Justice

blank-headstone.jpg

Vengeance

The Dad didn't mean to kill the guy who deserved to spend a long, long time in prison, so I've no problem with how this turned out. If he did mean to kill him at that point though, I can't say I'd blame him. I'll never agree with anybody who takes a step back, has a moment of thought and still decides that the death of the padophile was the ideal conclusion and punishment for his crime

The father didn't mean to kill anyone and, frankly, he beat down a rapist that was after his daughter. Pretty sure his reaction is more humanizing than anyone else. This was not a crime of passion...sounds to me like it was closer to self defense than anything else.

IMO, the filthy child rapist got what he deserved...death that he saw coming and hopefully feared. If there's a hell, he got sent there quicker. And good on Dad for protecting his own.

maybe for an ape with no foresight

Jasoneyu

NeoGAF IS PRO VIGILANTE JUSTICE? OH MY GOD

P.S. I hope the guy gets the death penalty just to prove how your thinking is fucked

How is this vigilante justice? If the guy got free then the father hunted him down and killed him that would be vigilante justice. Here the guy reacted to seeing his daugther getting raped and acted accordingly.

Take a look at your child, your future, your legacy getting raped and tell me that it's apelike to want to squash the possibility of it happening again, and I'll call you a liar. It's human. Basic, but human.

you people are really dense

how does killing a guy in a moment of passion do anything healthy for the future of anybody involved? The guy put himself at risk for jail, a felony, and probably doubled the trauma his daughter underwent as a result. He's an idiot who didn't think about the future at all. It was some selfish action hero bullshit.

i'm not surprised "Everyman Joe" GAF is totally behind this.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

how does killing a guy in a moment of passion do anything healthy for the future of anybody involved? The guy put himself at risk for jail, a felony, and probably doubled the trauma his daughter underwent as a result. He's an idiot who didn't think about the future at all. It was some selfish action hero bullshit.

It was also purely emotional. You cannot expect people to react with perfect rationality in a situation like this. You cannot. It is the epitome of "the world doesn't work the way I want it to"

You can't be serious with that closing sentence.

Averon

I'm convinced Seraphinianus is either trolling or has no kids to speak of and, thus, cannot imagine why this father did what he did.

alphaNoid

Banned

i'm not surprised "Everyman Joe" GAF is totally behind this.

Actually he did nothing but save his daughter and the law in that state actually protects what the father did 100%. I suggest you get your facts straight before you come in here insulting rational and law abiding citizens.

well, it was. He went into ape mode and killed a man.

Which is legal in that state when coming to the rescue of a third party who is at risk. Laws, how do they work?

Dunlop

I can easily see myself doing the same thing. I wouldn't purposely kill a person but the rage a parent would have from seeing their child hurt cannot be paralleled, sexually assaulted? All bets would be off

It was either death or a bunch of years in prison, followed by being a life-long sex offender. Plus the dad didn't mean to kill him - I mean, a few punches usually doesn't do that much damage.

Dude Abides

Banned
Actually he did nothing but save his daughter and the law in that state actually protects what the father did 100%. I suggest you get your facts straight before you come in here insulting rational and law abiding citizens.

Which is legal in that state when coming to the rescue of a third party who is at risk. Laws, how do they work?

Nah. Once the threat is removed by pulling the assailant off the victim, you don't have a right to then beat the guy to death. This is a no indictment out of sympathy, nothing more. It has nothing to do with the law.

The concept of staging the entire thing in order to commit the perfect murder is genius. Where do you guys come up with this sort of stuff? I'm both impressed and disgusted by how your minds work

LevelNth

Banned
I have a 2 year old niece. Had I walked in on something like this, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy died either. Would I intend to kill him? No way, but I also know myself and know how easy it would be to lose complete control and keep hitting until I'm certain he can't move and hurt her anymore.

Doesn't make it right, just makes it human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom