• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellscha

Touch my kid, and I'm going to shred you into pieces. Call me cold blooded psychopath, subhuman, barbarian or whatever.
Fuck civilization if protecting my kid is second priority to protecting the well being of a rapist.

Red

Touch my kid, and I'm going to shred you into pieces. Call me cold blooded psychopath, subhuman, barbarian or whatever.
Fuck civilization if protecting my kid is second priority to protecting the well being of a rapist.
A rapist is terrible, but a child molester is a whole other circle of evil.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I feel very bad for the dad, that will probably be the most fucked-up memory of his life.

Cystm

My heart goes out to that poor man (Father of the victim) And even more so that poor little girl. The POS pedo deserved what he got. Fucking scumbag.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl3|sec1_lnk2&pLid=171378
Hearing his 5-year-old daughter crying from behind a barn, a father ran and discovered the unthinkable: A man molesting her. The father pulled the man off his daughter, authorities say, and started pummeling him to death with his fists.

With his daughter finally safe, the father frantically called 911, begging a dispatcher to find his rural ranch and send an ambulance.

"Come on! This guy is going to die on me!" the man is heard screaming on the 911 call. "I don't know what to do!"

A recording of the tape was played during a news conference Tuesday where the Lavaca County district attorney and sheriff announced that the father would not face charges.

In declining to indict the 23-year-old father in the June 9 killing of Jesus Mora Flores, a Lavaca County grand jury reached the same conclusion as investigators and many of the father's neighbors: He was authorized to use deadly force to protect his daughter.

"It's sad a man had to die," said Michael James Veit, 48, who lives across the street from where the attack happened in this small community run on ranching and the Shiner beer brewery. "But I think anybody would have done that."

The family ranch is so remote that on the 911 tape, the father is heard profanely screaming at a dispatcher who couldn't locate the property. At one point, he tells the dispatcher he's going to put the man in his truck and drive him to a hospital.

"He's going to die!" the father screams, swearing at the dispatcher. "He's going to f------ die!"

Fusebox

Banned
I support the dads actions just so long as has can prove it. Otherwise I can beat the shit out of someone in my home and just make the same claim.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I support the dads actions just so long as has can prove it. Otherwise I can beat the shit out of someone in my home and just make the same claim.
His call to 911 seems a bit elaborate and overwrought as part of this potential accident/murder scenario.

Qazaq

Banned
Granted I haven't read every reply of this thread, but I don't recall there being any evidence or discussion or realistic possibility of this being some sort of fabrication or not being able to be proved.

Granted I haven't read every reply of this thread, but I don't recall there being any evidence or discussion or realistic possibility of this being some sort of fabrication or not being able to be proved.

I think he means in an all cases like this scenario. Even someone who is anti-death penalty can understand and find it completely legal when someone kills another person in a situation like this, or even pass a lesser sentence on someone who killed another person in the heat of passion.

BowieZ

Banned
If the molestation was staged and the abuse forensics turned out to be conclusive, complete with phony 911 call -- an elaborate scheme to murder someone passing it off as family defense -- that would make a brilliant psycho-thriller murder mystery plot!

Fusebox

Banned
if it was staged, the dad wouldn't have planned for his weapon of choice to be bare fists. and wasn't the girl examined?

Well his decision to beat the guy may have been spontaneous and for an entirely different reason and this could have been his cover story, I was just playing devils advocate really. Based on the story posted in the OP it seems the motive could be abused.

Anyway I assume the girl was examined and his story checks out otherwise we would have heard otherwise.

they took the girl to the hospital for examinations right afterward

There we go then.

BowieZ

Banned
they took the girl to the hospital for examinations right afterward
The Dad would've had to enter the man's penis into his daughter or rape her himself with a dildo-like device and then leave traces of his DNA.

Brilliant!

And incredibly far-fetched.

Idiots? I think they supported his actions cause it's something many would do in his situation.

But it's not the right thing to do and even the guy who did it knew he was doing the wrong thing immediately after he did it. which is what most people who can see 10 minutes past the moment would also realize.

CleverGirl

Neo Member
This was obviously a gut response. The guy saw his child in danger, fought off the predator, and then actually tried to save that piece of dirt's life. That dad is badass. I think death is a proper punishment for some crimes, like sexually abusing a five year old. But I admit I can be a little brutal about sexual abuse and children. I've just known too many people who were messed up because of it. (Kill all the pedophiles!) I used to live in Victoria, its weird to see a story about it.

Fusebox

Banned
But it's not the right thing to do and even the guy who did it knew he was doing the wrong thing while he was doing it.

Punching someone in the head isn't science. I don't think he knew he was killing the guy, but punching the guy in the head was most definitely the right thing to do in this situation.

But it's not the right thing to do and even the guy who did it knew he was doing the wrong thing while he was doing it.

Right and wrong in the heat of such a fucked up moment is very blurry I'd imagine.

many would kill, or attack in a similar fashion? either way, the people defending this guy - despite his remorse for his actions - are more so defending the father's all out defense of his daughter against the most vile of criminals.. not the end result of that defense (the death of this abuser)

Punch the guy in the head? probably.

Punching someone in the head isn't science. I don't think he knew he was killing the guy, but punching the guy in the head was most definitely the right thing to do in this situation.

Punching the guy in the head until he dies from it was not the right thing to do and the father will have to think about that from jail. We don't need people around who can fly into a murderous rage without foreseeing the consequences of their actions.

Averon

It's very easy for us to sit back and Monday quarterback what this father did. But where you hear your child screaming and stumble into a scene of your 5 year old daughter being sexual assaulted, I'd imagine the last thing on your mind is debating whether your next action is just or not.

Dresden

Punching the guy in the head until he dies from it was not the right thing to do and the father will have to think about that from jail. We don't need people around who can fly into a murderous rage without foreseeing the consequences of their actions.

i dunno, i wish he'd also shoved a foot up the guy's ass too.

i dunno, i wish he'd also shoved a foot up the guy's ass too.

Cool, sounds like a nice cheesy power fantasy. anyway, people get locked up for killing other people, which a father should probably think about, since time with children is the most important thing. And now he's gonna lose a chunk of that time and probably have to put the kid through therapy after beating a man to death in front of her. Because he's a fucking rage ball.

gabbo

You're phrasing implies there was no provocation, which there clearly was. I can sort of see what you're trying to say, and it's not something I completely disagree with, but I can also see how he would be let off the hook and wouldn't feel like an injustice has been committed in doing so. Unless you're trolling, in which case, well done I took the bait.

Fusebox

Banned
Do I have to vow to murder people under certain circumstances in order to get in on this circlejerk?

Who said that? You specifically mentioned we don't need people who become 'fucking rage balls'. I have trouble understanding how you could walk in on someone molesting your child and NOT becoming a 'fucking rage ball'. That mindset is absolutely alien to me.

What would you do in that situation given your infinite armchair wisdom? Tap the molester on the shoulder and gently extract him from your child?

Steelrain

Who said that? You specifically mentioned we don't need people who become 'fucking rage balls'. I have trouble understanding how you could walk in on someone molesting your child and NOT becoming a 'fucking rage ball'. That mindset is absolutely alien to me.

What would you do in that situation given your infinite armchair wisdom? Tap the molester on the shoulder and gently extract him from your child?

I'm guessing he doesn't have a child.

I will be genuinely shocked if I am wrong.

Orayn

This man exercised a great deal of self control in his response to the situation, certainly more than most people.

Vice

Cool, sounds like a nice cheesy power fantasy. anyway, people get locked up for killing other people, which a father should probably think about, since time with children is the most important thing. And now he's gonna lose a chunk of that time and probably have to put the kid through therapy after beating a man to death in front of her. Because he's a fucking rage ball.

I don't think this is a situation where you can say whether someone is a "rage ball" or not. Seeing your kid getting molested seems like an event that would send anyone into a panic. Physically defending them and separating the kid from their attacker is the fastest way to end the situation. So, the father punched the guy a few times and is remorseful about how far he went.

It isn't something you can really try to talk someone down during or wait for the police to come.

Averon

Going "fucking rage balls" at the sight of your 5 year old daughter's rape is a natural reaction for any parent. Any parent who says otherwise is either a liar or are just fooling themselves. Any non-parent saying otherwise wouldn't understand. NOT going ape shit in that situation is what would be unusual.

He's not going to jail, how do you feel about that, troll?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
And yet it was less wrong than giving the rapist a high five. Despite the fact that high fives are perfectly legal.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
To paraphrase a famous Chris Rock bit:

"Now I'm not saying he should have killed her... but I understand."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom