• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's confirmed! Again
HERE WE GO AGAIN

tumblr_mvwhq8PKuL1rt8levo5_500.gif

AGAIN.

notworksafe

it's gonna end up being just a stage with Akuma as a stage KO lol

via eventscrubs comments from a staff member:
Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but it's a long interview and they specifically touch upon other games at one point and say it's not in the cards right now. Unless they're explicitly lying at that point, don't expect CvS3 or anything like it.

We're making more articles with other parts of the interview in the near future, but I felt I needed to post this to let you down easy before your imaginations start to run wild.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can't defend Ono anymore with these trollings. If they are going to do stuff like this they deserve the hate they get from the media. People are really tired of their shit and it's showing with the sales.

I turn into NLBC and Henry is playing with a blow up doll. What.

Pompadour

Can't defend Ono anymore with these trollings. If they are going to do stuff like this they deserve the hate they get from the media. People are really tired of their shit and it's showing with the sales.

I turn into NLBC and Henry is playing with a blow up doll. What.

I don't think poor sales can be attributed to Ono trolling.

Ono is only trolling because he has something as good as an Akuma reveal, or greater, lined up. If he doesn't then Capcom is completely misguided. And I only don't believe that's the case because of how silent Ono has been during the dire post-launch months of SFV.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They need to do Marvel 4 while the property is hot. Maybe it being near the end of Infinity War and have Thanos as end boss again but a lot less crappy than his Marvel 2 counterpart. What would be even more cool is having certain characters in it using the voice actors of the actual movie actors.

Dahbomb

It's going to be such a massive blow up if Akuma isn't playable in SFV at PSX.

Only way Capcom recovers from that is if they repent and deliver upon to us Marvel 4. Only then can their sins be forgiven.

Dahbomb

I'm sure they're trembling in their boots at the thought of angering the dozens of Mahvel fiends out there.
I don't think true Marvel fiends care much about what SFV is up to these days, what Capcom has to worry about is their core base and how bad it's going to look for them if Akuma is not at PSX. Last thing they need is more bad SFV publicity.

mbpm1

I don't think true Marvel fiends care much about what SFV is up to these days, what Capcom has to worry about is their core base and how bad it's going to look for them if Akuma is not at PSX. Last thing they need is more bad SFV publicity.

Eh, we said that about Trump, and he's doing fine.

Line_HTX

McRibs are bad for you.

And Niitsuma already said he's no longer working on the MvC staff along with that expired license from Disney, so there's absolutely no reason to expect anything whatsoever to any sort of development. I don't even understand why this is continuously getting brought up. Stop desperately trying to grasp at straws and clinging onto things that will never happen, you people.

Dahbomb

McRibs are bad for you.

And Niitsuma already said he's no longer working on the MvC staff along with that expired license from Disney, so there's absolutely no reason to expect anything whatsoever to any sort of development. I don't even understand why this is continuously getting brought up. Stop desperately trying to grasp at straws and clinging onto things that will never happen, you people.
Wwooooaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

We got a Trump supporter in our midst.

shaowebb

Not every big fighting project should be Marvel 4. Capcom has plenty of other crazy fighting stuff they could be doing without having to go back in on that license. If they want to do another fighter to try and get more numbers out of that market that plays faster they could just as well do a capcom tag fighter or unlicensed title at this point.
Hell, they have so many characters they could do several with sequels and not run out. The Megaman franchise alone across all the titles has so many mavericks, master bots, Netnavi, elf or whatevers that it could pretty much go for ages by itself.

I like comic book fighting games and would love Marvel 4 but we should probably stop forcing it at this point.

Lemstar

found the eventhubs reader

Ya'll all wrong. Marvel is ded, its time for the new hotness to shine. Thats right im talkin' Star Wars vs. Capcom! Think about it, TFA last year, Rogue One this year, Disney talking about using the Star Wars IP for new games, and they've been listening to the people clamor for a sequel to Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi. The stars are aligned on this one, believe it!

Kappa

shaowebb

Ya'll all wrong. Marvel is ded, its time for the new hotness to shine. Thats right im talkin' Star Wars vs. Capcom! Think about it, TFA last year, Rogue One this year, Disney talking about using the Star Wars IP for new games, and they've been listening to the people clamor for a sequel to Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi. The stars are aligned on this one, believe it!

Kappa

sigh...real talk time. You know how everyone has like those one or two popular things that no matter how hard they try they just cant get into? Well one of mine is Star Wars. I've tried for years but I just can't get into it. The second trilogy sure doesn't help...I was laughing my ass off during the "no" scene to offended Star Wars fan glares on opening week. I don't have anything in particular against it though. I can't find anything particularly off about it to make me not care so I keep trying to like em and I keep failing.

I guess I prefer Star Trek over Star Wars is all. My ideal version of space is mysterious wonders of nature, different cultures, and philosophical thinkers at the helm more than psychic powered laser sword fighting.

If we got Star Wars vs Capcom I may just pass unless the movesets were really fierce and interesting in mechanics and visuals.

Onemic

Now that I think about it, with no logo being shown and the stage looking like its using a different palette of colors than usually seen in SFV stages, it might be a sign of a different engine being used or a different game being shown off.....Also it being Shin Akuma instead of regular Akuma would go perfectly with a game composed of superheroes....Then you got the Ono interview and that Twitter insider rumor...

....I think it might actually be Marvel 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom