• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

this reddit comment had me rolling

full

Tripon

I'm going to laugh when it's revealed at Capcom Cup that it's really the Marvel Telltale game that has been hinted for forever.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Here's weekend JoJo:

Jolyne VS Kakyoin:
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22456763

Jolyne, despite being a 'low damage character', is considered by many to be top 10 if not top 5. This is part due to her S-On moveset which gives her crazy movement and cancel options that can lead to a plethora of different mix-ups. She's a rush down character that deploys hard to defend mixups at a fast pace, while being super safe with long, annoying block-strings that can be mixed up throughout. You'll even see her use taunt combos and taunt shenanigans in this set.

Kakyoin, on the other hand, is considered lower tier. That is because he is a very difficult character to use, and takes a lot of losses before you start to see wins. He has very low damage without doing a super, largely because his specials all do a crazy amount of hits, which ups the damage scaling like mad. The trade off is that he has the longest reach in the game, and can punish moves other characters can't. He can also set up to two obstacles on the stage, and has command throws that reach over half way across the entire field.

One thing this game does that I think is worth noting is how it handles projectiles in a 3D movement game. Kakyoin's S-Off projectiles are interesting because the L version tracks jumping, the M version tracks side-step, and the H version goes straight and fast. You can also TK his projectile, so you can do a hovering M projectile that covers both jumping AND side-step. They tried all sorts of crazy things with projectiles... Projectiles that burrow into the ground and emerge at your command, remote-controlled unblockable projectiles, projectiles that ricochet, laser turrets, projectiles that hit low, ones that act as launchers, ones that boomerang back, heat-seeking ones, ones that appear at different ranges instantly... It goes on. Pretty cool stuff.

Should K-Brad and Yukadon really get their own seeding? They didn't qualify. They're replacements due to technicalities. I feel like they should just be in Misterio & Tse4444's spots...

It's whatever though, I guess.

Dahbomb

Even if there's no new Marvel news, new DMC5 news and with Trump as President... 2016 is still going to end well for me as I just officially got engaged to a woman who I love dearly. The engagement event was massive!

I would have been going more ham in that in that other thread if I wasn't distracted as of late. But now with Lupinko back at it again it's time to turn the hype up a notch!

Numb

Even if there's no new Marvel news, new DMC5 news and with Trump as President... 2016 is still going to end well for me as I just officially got engaged to a woman who I love dearly. The engagement event was massive!

I would have been going more ham in that in that other thread if I wasn't distracted as of late. But now with Lupinko back at it again it's time to turn the hype up a notch!

Congrats fam

I-hate-u

Congrats dude. May you have a CHURAZZY wedding ceremony.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yeah. There are bigger frauds in capcup than him.

Like cough Chris cough T. Man, I must be under the weather today, I need something to fire me up. Time to kick it up a notch,

Congrats DB, be sure to go nuts and enjoy the rest of your time, you deserve it.

time to invite your desi gaffers for some samosas and lassi

Yukadon and Kbrad was 24th and 25th respectively on global points. Basically upends the latter part of the bracket.

Now it looks like Sako is 2nd to last and will face Tokido (2nd on global rankings) , and Justin (3rd) will face XsK_Samurai.

Basically, Justin Wong lucked out. =P

Edit: http://challonge.com/CPT2016updated1127

Daigo vs Yukadon now.

FXjOjTX.png

sknJBjG.png

God damnit Tse. Yukadon just recently beat Daigo 2-0 as well. Screws over Tokido as well who really did not want to face Sako in the first round. Helps Justin though who was looking like he was going to get sent to losers right away.

Congrats man, but an engagement is not a valid reason for not posting big walls of theorycrafting stuff on MvC4 after the announcement
iWsZMt5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom