• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 29 - Jan 4 | 2015: An Esports Odyssey

I did an interview with Harada last summer (but then I was sick and got back to work without having time to put the video out) so I did a transcript in french. You can read it here if you know french.

We talk about balance, new players, tutorials, pizzas, electrocuting players, sexy coachs, french actors and character designs. And Judo. I love interviews with Harada.

Horseress

FGCNN deserves a Pulitzer, that shit is so good.

Will we ever expose the identity of Scoop?

"How can we sleep with our seed-encrusted dakimakura body pillow at night knowing that this baka casual is killing our scene with his attractive, welcoming attitude using the games and characters I play and masturbate to? What am I supposed to tell the waifu? The childru?"

Genius.

Dlent

https://twitter.com/FGCNNOnline/status/550030197286658048

Expect the unbridled wrath of MSPaint to hit FGCNN. I for one agree with Max that Xrd is far superior to Blazblue and UNiEL, which are are virtually the same game.
I don't know if he actually said that, but it's funny enough to get quoted all the time.

edit: The original Tears is one of my favorite KOF songs, but I don't know if KOF '99 is worth it for just that.

Anth0ny

455628_630x354.jpg

this will get some use

source

Azure J

Expect the unbridled wrath of MSPaint to hit FGCNN. I for one agree with Max that Xrd is far superior to Blazblue and UNiEL, which are are virtually the same game.
I don't know if he actually said that, but it's funny enough to get quoted all the time.

edit: The original Tears is one of my favorite KOF songs, but I don't know if KOF '99 is worth it for just that.

That FGCNN article being referenced here is amazing btw.

455628_630x354.jpg

this will get some use

source

Saved.

Edit: Fuck Ness

Phil T. Casual

Neo Member

Xrd and uniel are worlds apart mechanically. Not sure how its "basically the same game."

Rainy

Banned
He will soon know and elpheel what we have always Elphelt... shame and ostracism!"

Best line in the FGCNN article

Kumubou

The only problem with the latest FGCNN article is that it might be too good.

I didn't think I could get mad as something someone said on the Internet... and then I read that. I don't even care about someone thinking Xrd is the better game, but associating UNIEL with that trash-ass game makes me want to deck something... or, more realistically, start throwing around snarky sub-tweets.

K.Sabot

The only problem with the latest FGCNN article is that it might be too good.

I didn't think I could get mad as something someone said on the Internet... and then I read that. I don't even care about someone thinking Xrd is the better game, but associating UNIEL with that trash-ass game makes me want to deck something... or, more realistically, start throwing around snarky sub-tweets.

You talking BB as the trash ass game? Because I agree with with everything up to BBCP 1.0 with no kokonoe being being sort of bum.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
FGCNN: Anime Community Tells YouTube Scumlord: "Stop Making Yen Off Our Games"

As the Fighting Game Community has been blessed with the releases of fighting games influenced by Japanese Animation, or "Anime", such as Guilty Gear Xrd and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, one sick and twisted individual has exploited these wonderful games for profit and notoriety.

How do I respond to this? Marvel does not equal anime.

mikezlovesxrd said:
Go on Dustloop, an elitist anime community, and people worship the game like it's god's gift. But once ArcSys announces a new fighting game they're just going to drop Xrd and play the next new thing. That's why the Western playerbase for any anime game is garbage compared to Japan. No competition, and no skill is the scene in a nutshell. It's obvious that the anime FGC is only playing this game for the waifus.

What's everyone's opinion on this statement? Is it accurate?

rookiejet

I thought AnnelFrank's commentary for Persona in NEC recently was good. Mike Z is good. I really liked Xie and Dacidbro's BlazBlue commentary in Evo (I hope they get to do it for Xrd next year). Jyosua with the right co-commentator is also okay.
That's maybe about the same number of people I like for the Capcom stuff.

Top Bottom