• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

pixelish

poongko doing seth's u2
B9UMyLICMAA7Lfs.jpg

Westlo

Momochi has ascended since he moved to Tokyo.... he's pretty much swapped Kindevu for Daigo, Bonchan, Kazunuko, Tokido, Mago, Fuudo etc as training partners.. and it shows. Since getting to Tokyo he's replaced Bonchan as the best player, just like he replaced him on the Topanga show.

Kazunoko always gets rekt by Momochi. Some real life demons right there.

Pretty much, I still remember that beat down in the Topanga league from 2013, won 6 straight games to close it out since he had the one game headstart. Though this was an even more brutal beatdown. SEA wasn't so easy since Yun was way above Ken at that stage, though he still found a way.

Momochi is only second to Daigo as best in Japan.

Topanga A league meant a lot.

He's improved a shit load tho.

Also I feel like Yun doesn't do all to well against Ryu/Ken due to having to be in the air so much, they have the best special to counter that, especially ken's mp shoryuken.

alstein

EG tends to go after folks who are good ambassadors, not just great players. ChrisG's a great player, and I don't think he's a bad guy at all, but he has a rep for being a bit salty/surly, and that probably keeps him out.

Momochi is only second to Daigo as best in Japan.

Topanga A league meant a lot.

He's improved a shit load tho.

Also I feel like Yun doesn't do all to well against Ryu/Ken due to having to be in the air so much, they have the best special to counter that, especially ken's mp shoryuken.

Honestly, years ago when I first started watching, I just thought of him as that Cody/Ken who never really got first/did that well (but I was a shit who didn't know much) but now I can really see how great he is.

This is why we can't get along.

Why hasn't EG sponsored Chris? Like seriously... EG Grand Finals every tournament would be dope.
Lets be real it would suck but I want Chris back to smack all these fools into the shadow realm.

He doesn't have a great personality a big eSports sponsor wants and he barely shows up to tournaments anymore.

CO_Andy

Kazunoko should pull out his Seth.

That last match between Sako and Gackt was utterly pathetic on Sako's part. He's much better off sticking to non-shotos.

Kazunoko should pull out his Seth.

That last match between Sako and Gackt was utterly pathetic on Sako's part. He's much better off sticking to non-shotos.

Seriously. It was so sad to watch.. from the dropped combos to no anti airs to just bad decisions everywhere. I know Gackt has trained against Xian's Elena since they're partners but.. at least try it out dawg.

wtf everywhere b

Vice

This is why we can't get along.

Why hasn't EG sponsored Chris? Like seriously... EG Grand Finals every tournament would be dope.
Lets be real it would suck but I want Chris back to smack all these fools into the shadow realm.
He's bored of Marvel and the FG scene in SoCal while big is fragmented and the tournaments he does go to don't get stream attention.

fader

button monkeys don't get sponsorship's. the sooner people realize this the better. You can be a god at any fighting game, beat everyone in the whole world but if you act like an ass, have a negative reputation, lack communication skills, and don't network you will rarely get a sponsorship. Which is why Snake Eyez is a gust in the wind.

Azure J

Sonic 3+K, JPN CD, R, (portions of) Unleashed, Colors, Generations and Lost World should honestly be given byes when doing Sonic series music nominations. :lol

Top Bottom