• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 2-8 | The Great Cave-In Offensive

Infinite

I had a big long post, but screw it.

I think Hip hop is a bad idea and too divisive in terms of music genres unless it is just lyric free rhythms you're talking about. If this turned into Madworld I can see a lot of people going to the mute button.
Same can be said for anything to be honest; to Guilty Gears metal to BalzBlue's jpop. Dude was talking about sounds anyway ala third strike.

Village

I think Hip hop is a bad idea and too divisive in terms of music genres unless it is just lyric free rhythms you're talking about. If this turned into Madworld I can see a lot of people going to the mute button.
You can say that about every genre of music.

It is time for hip hop

what do you think happens when I hear wubwubwub

remz

and KI but that's what's hot right now in mainstream music so Capcom would probably follow suit like how Hip Hop was in early 2000's.

Ki got hip hop/metal/whatever too tho.

If the soundtrack is 1/5th as good as 3rd strike and got some memorable themes 5 will be sick.

Just have tunes from multiple genres. Don't give us music that blends together too much. All the background themes in SF4 had a wishy washy electronica blending sound to them. Would have been nice if they mixed it up, but everyone seems to use character themes anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Too divisive? Every genre is pretty significantly divisive.

Shit, at least hip-hop is uniquely competitive in nature. Hells yeah I'm ready to beat someone's ass to a soundtrack about beating someone's ass.

Cop Killer should start playing when you match up with Chun or Cammy. Ether when you match up with Dee Jay.

remz

Just have tunes from multiple genres. Don't give us music that blends together too much. All the background themes in SF4 had a wishy washy electronica blending sound to them. Would have been nice if they mixed it up, but everyone seems to use character themes anyway.

I definitely think that was pretty awful in SF4. It's not like the music was bad, it was fine sounding music but it was just completely and totally forgettable. Massive bummer.

Village

Too divisive? Every genre is pretty significantly divisive.

Shit, at least hip-hop is uniquely competitive in nature. Hells yeah I'm ready to beat someone's ass to a soundtrack about beating someone's ass.

Cop Killer should start playing when you match up with Chun or Cammy. Ether when you match up with Dee Jay.

so does southern hospitality play when you use a muitai character?

mbpm1

I definitely think that was pretty awful in SF4. It's not like the music was bad, it was fine sounding music but it was just completely and totally forgettable. Massive bummer.

Still don't remember any of the stage themes. Except for training stage lol

Most of the character themes are garbage or if they're not, they're watered down from better stuff too

Rhapsody

Banned
I think it was Alpha 3 where stages started having more of a background music than a character defining one as the trend.

Luckily this only applied to some of SF3's.

sikvod00

Banned
Well, Smug has another chance to prove if he can hang against strong international competition. He destroyed Nishikin (meh) and Ryan Hart and did super well against a pre-CC Momochi at CEO. But then Xian bodied him by doing wake-up ultras, lol. Hopefully he's prepared for the likes of Sako and Luffy. I figure on the matchup\character side of things, being an online monster will be an advantage. How does the Dudley\E Ryu and Dudley\Rose match go?

Well, Smug has another chance to prove how well he does against international competition. He destroyed Nishikin (meh) and did super well against a pre-CC Momochi at CEO. But then Xian bodied him by doing wake-up ultras, lol. Hopefully he's prepared for the likes of Sako and Luffy.

Really want to see him vs Luffy.

While I do think Dudley can get up in that ass really quick.. them normals of Rose gonna be a real problem.

kirblar

Well, Smug has another chance to prove if he can hang against strong international competition. He destroyed Nishikin (meh) and Ryan Hart and did super well against a pre-CC Momochi at CEO. But then Xian bodied him by doing wake-up ultras, lol. Hopefully he's prepared for the likes of Sako and Luffy. I figure on the matchup\character side of things, being an online monster will be an advantage. How does the Dudley\E Ryu and Dudley\Rose match go?
I suspect he may just be limited by his character basically being required to keep rushing down and exposing himself to the Wake-Up Ultra 50/50.

xCobalt

I suspect he may just be limited by his character basically being required to keep rushing down and exposing himself to the Wake-Up Ultra 50/50.

Getting hit by wake up ultra isn't a character limitation. It's no secret that Smug's defense is pretty weak.

Clawww

I predict Smug gets destroyed.

Artuo's Rose can give Smug hell, Louffy is gonna wreck his shit.

Yeah, I'd bet on it being free for Louffy--which is exactly why I want to see the match go down, because it would be hype as fuck if Smug manages to win

Vice

Well, Smug has another chance to prove if he can hang against strong international competition. He destroyed Nishikin (meh) and Ryan Hart and did super well against a pre-CC Momochi at CEO. But then Xian bodied him by doing wake-up ultras, lol. Hopefully he's prepared for the likes of Sako and Luffy. I figure on the matchupcharacter side of things, being an online monster will be an advantage. How does the DudleyE Ryu and DudleyRose match go?

Rose does really well against Dudley. She's great at spacing him out and she doesn't rely in fireballs enough to get blown up for using them.

E. Ryu does as good as any other shoto against Dudley, but he can do 400 damage off a hitconfirm.

Rainy

Banned
zrWSnum.png
Pls.

How does the DudleyE Ryu and DudleyRose match go?

I think Evil Ryu beats Dudley. Not a big advantage but slightly in his favor at least. In a long set I think Daigo would body Smug free. But Smug could win a short set just because of player unfamiliarity and Duds high damage combined with Evil Ryu's low health.

Manbig

Aris is too funny. About to freak the hell out, but instantly composes himself. Resident Evil has never been more fun.

Infinite

I know I'm late but I couldn't disagree more with this. Some of the most memorable VG soundtracks for me has been the ones that had a cohesive sound. For example jet set radio future a game with a strong hip-hop motif present on every aspect of it's design only benifited from an accompanying hip-hop soundtrack (which only had a few outliers but it match the tone of the game and they were remixed into the soundtrack anyway) that ultimately aided the game's atmosphere.

Mr. X

Mike Z in a stream watching Skullgirls Endless Beta lobby.

When a visual bug happens and freaks out the streamer, "I SWEAR I FIXED THAT"

Top Bottom