• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 3-9 | Getting Put On Blast

Shouta

Pools looking tiny for NWM this weekend aside from AE/Marvel. I hope we have a lot of last minute entries.

If pools stay the way they are, I take on Ricky Ortiz in my second match in SFxT, if i win my first. lol

Tekken Talk Tournament 2?

ZTS must've gotten to y'all

:p

Pools looking tiny for NWM this weekend aside from AE/Marvel. I hope we have a lot of last minute entries.

If pools stay the way they are, I take on Ricky Ortiz in my second match in SFxT, if i win my first. lol

You got this bro.

Devil Jin might be the most difficult to use character in the game.

Someone said Lars. Pick Lars. Easy, pre-made rush down character with built in mixups.

DJ requires good movement and reflexes.

DEATH™

Devil Jin might be the most difficult to use character in the game.

Someone said Lars. Pick Lars. Easy, pre-made rush down character with built in mixups.

DJ requires good movement and reflexes.

6gO0kLqbPO2zLaxUFwX0z3Hh7n9eO.gif

I should get TTT2.

....nah

I have it and I played it for one day, the day it came out. :(

I feel bad about it because, watching high level Tekken matches, it definitely seems interesting to me, but with Evo coming up (even though I know at best I'll go 1-2 in half the games I entered), I don't want to pour too much time into it. Maybe some time later in the year I'll actually learn it.

Dahbomb

Guys Mishimas are perfectly playable at scrub level using standard mobility and no EWGFs.

I honestly have never played Lars. I think the next time I try out Tekken I should see what he's about.

Guys Mishimas are perfectly playable at scrub level using standard mobility and no EWGFs.

I honestly have never played Lars. I think the next time I try out Tekken I should see what he's about.

You can mash buttons with any character and be playable at a scrub level. It's just that the Mishimas don't have any real effective strings from just hitting button sequences. Their strings are made for punishment, not mix-up. Other characters have many more high-low-mid strings to stumble upon. Like Jun.

DEATH™;61287389 said:
Who am I kidding? Tell your friend to buy TTT2 and play Jun...

And Asuka. And Unknown.

Team Online.

This might be for the best, for a while. Putting Fanatiq on blast was one thing, but the Injustice thing ended up spiraling out of control.
How?
Did people really hate UFGT that bad? I thought it was pretty good, I just wish more top players went.
Everyone but the NRS scene seemed pretty happy with the results and even then I'd say it was just a few fanboys making an entire community look bad.

kirblar

Did people really hate UFGT that bad? I thought it was pretty good, I just wish more top players went.
The problem was that the NRS crew was behaving like babies and Keits got very defensive on twitter. That being said, they did have one very valid point, in that the 9am Injustice finals were very badly scheduled, especially for a game with one of the largest turnouts/pots of the tournament.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Dahbomb knows my taste. I don't want a character that's easy, I want one that is interesting enough to sit down and learn.

Characters that I tried and thought were interesting:
King
Armor king (difference?)
Devil Jin
Jack-s (makes weird chicken noises)
Panda
Raven (does he have a projectile?)
Alisa

Who is the best at baiting attacks?

So many inputs to learn...

Top Bottom