• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 3-9 | Getting Put On Blast

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Injustice having in-game frame data has spoiled me. I was in training mode in Tekken today and was like, trying to find the frame data in the pause menu at first until I remembered it doesn't have that.

Just read the last couple of pages.

SFxT is terribad and GAF is being invaded by corporate shills? What else is new?
Paging Solarpowered Anji here. Strong set between Ain (Ky) and Midorino (Anji). Some good play and adaptation between the two. I like how Midorino slashbacks Ky's 3HS two times on the second hit in a row so Ain starts to bait the slashback with FB Orb and jump cancelling the 3HS on the first hit. My favourite part though is definitely this Ky pick up. There are some oddities I notice however. Midorino doesn't use FB shitsu at all during this set and Ain doesn't go for much extended block strings at all. I'll have to review this a bit more later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2H8XtEngvE (14m)

Haven't quite finished watching these other sets yet but good play here as well:

Roi (Sol) vs Fino (Venom). Fino's ball setups are quite good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcJH60eghY0 (18m)

Samitto (Chipp) vs Tanabata (Slayer). Samitto is such a technician. Those triangle jump mixups are so clean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ihlFlDnJrg (18m)

Endou (Chipp) vs others. Endou is like the Kusoru of Chipp. Such a troll play style. Taunting, feinting by just crouching over and over again and ridiculousness ahoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyDgFhhKmUE

---

Crosscounter released another Guilty Gear tutorial featuring Tasty Steve and Genesis, this time covering the tension meter and its uses. Format is a still a bit rough and some of the information could use a bit of revising but more GG coverage is good and it seems they're working out a more organized format for future episodes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tg7I_Y5Kas
http://www.twitch.tv/arcadelegacy Vampire Savior 10v10 at Arcade Legacy.

A HUGE Vampire Savior tournament will happen next week here, with tons of people traveling in from parts of the country. Its gonna be great.
tumblr_lmtediCPoo1qzrgug_zpsbe37f332.gif

GGAC is picking up steam, they are playing to get ready for ACR

Though ACR getting pushed back is pretty funny. The release is going to be right next to BBCP from the looks of things. Which is a major fuck up.
You make it sound like they're not intentionally fucking with us. ASW just loves to troll the shit out of it's overseas fanbase.

Dahbomb

Injustice having in-game frame data has spoiled me. I was in training mode in Tekken today and was like, trying to find the frame data in the pause menu at first until I remembered it doesn't have that.
This in no way replaces actual frame data but in Tekken you can turn on Hit status which basically turns both characters green/red. When you attack and they block, you are both red until recovery when they both turn green. By seeing how fast which character turns green first you can generally assess moves as being plus or negative on block/hit etc. I used this in the days when I didn't know that frame data actually existed.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
This in no way replaces actual frame data but in Tekken you can turn on Hit status which basically turns both characters green/red. When you attack and they block, you are both red until recovery when they both turn green. By seeing how fast which character turns green first you can generally assess moves as being plus or negative on block/hit etc. I used this in the days when I didn't know that frame data actually existed.

Ah I didn't know that. Yeah it doesn't replace having actual numbers but that's really nice to know.

Is there really a thread about the corporate invasion of GAF? Bish teased about making one, but it didn't sound like it would be any time soon.
Can't wait to get started on new Guilty Gear, fingers crossed baiken is even more broken.
Baiken is broken?
I have no idea wtf is up with the Europe side of things. I dont think translating all those languages should take as long as they do
I don't know about those guys. I just want to play +R.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is there really a thread about the corporate invasion of GAF? Bish teased about making one, but it didn't sound like it would be any time soon.

Baiken is broken?

I don't know about those guys. I just want to play +R.

Well no one is playing +R on consoles right now has nothing to do with overseas.

Edgeward

Maybe he won't have a name that starts with Z and only talks about tekken next time.

If I made an alt it would be bluntward. None would be the wiser

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Panda nerfs himself into snitch tier. Not cool dude. I always knew you were destined to be Beefs soulmate though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Panda nerfs himself into snitch tier. Not cool dude. I always knew you were destined to be Beefs soulmate though.
Rules are rules. Though you are still a kid so I can understand you getting mad about it.
:p

You'll get out of that rebellious age soon!

Kappa

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rules are rules. Though you are still a kid so I can understand you getting mad about it.
:p

You'll get out of that rebellious age soon!

Kappa
Eh, I didn't feel any specific way about 'em!

IIRC some mods let dupe accounts stay if they're displaying good behaviour. Might be less lenient for juniors though; pretty sure ZTS was a junior when he got banned.

But yeah that opening post :lol

What if ZTS was Gunblade all along shymalan.jpg

Frantic

I'm frankly surprised ZTS' alt lasted more than a day. I saw one post from 'Zero Reputation' and immediately thought 'this is ZTS'. It was pretty obvious, even without the announcement he made.

Still, I don't think anyone can beat gunblade's record for fastest banning.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm frankly surprised ZTS' alt lasted more than a day. I saw one post from 'Zero Reputation' and immediately thought 'this is ZTS'. It was pretty obvious, even without the announcement he made.

Still, I don't think anyone can beat gunblade's record for fastest banning.

Pretty much. I was like, wow this guy posts like an asshole, just like ZTS!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I WOULD LIKE TO AS WELL IF IT EVER COMES OUT

Seriously. What the fuck is the hold up.

I would assume the teams are split into BBCP console and Xrd right now with a really small team on the port for +R.

BBCP and Xrd are way way more important than +R so even if it got delayed they don't want to take focus off the other two.

Don't forget they are adding more characters to BBCP Wouldn't be shocked if the console version topped off with 4 or 5 new characters in the long run.

I would assume the teams are split into BBCP console and Xrd right now with a really small team on the port for +R.

BBCP and Xrd are way way more important than +R so even if it got delayed they don't want to take focus off the other two.

Don't forget they are adding more characters to BBCP Wouldn't be shocked if the console version topped off with 4 or 5 new characters in the long run.

BBCP is really only getting Terumi and another console exclusive character. However, with an unknown released date, which I can only speculate to be 2014 in the US, and a HIGH chance that CP won't be on 360, that would suck eggs.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
BBCP is really only getting Terumi and another console exclusive character. However, with an unknown released date, which I can only speculate to be 2014 in the US, and a HIGH chance that CP won't be on 360, that would suck eggs.
We won't know if that's all the console versions are getting til we get a copy of the disc to search for data :p

Everyone only thought we were getting Mu at first, then they showed mak, then they found valk and plat data on the disc

gutabo

Stalker?! No wonder you were in jail!

I was the one being abused until I learned to use mileena/jax well(and shang tsung much later), but I never stalked anyone :( In fact after a while the arcade MK2 machine was sold to a place that rented it for hours(more profitable) so there was no more stalking.
I almost went to jail then too! damned school uniform!

EDIT: There's like 40 minutes of GG at leveluplive, most of it is sol/ky play but it gets some variety later. http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/413623395

EDIT 2: lol

Top Bottom