• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 3-9 | Getting Put On Blast

BadWolf

Just watched the KOF grand final archive from The Runback between Reynald and Ricky D. and wow, what a match.

Both players were definitely firing on all cylinders.

Reynald is going pretty nuts with doing combo/tech video stuff in real matches these days. He converted Kyo's sweep into an anywhere juggle neomax finish this time.

I'm still holding out hope for a JoJo's localization announcement, no matter how much Namco is trying to crush my dreams and spirit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So confirmed we're seeing:
Smash Bros. U
New Namco fighting game
Guilty Gear Xrd

Rumoured/Limbo:
Killer Instinct
Bloody Roar
TxSF

Hopes and dreams:
New Capcom fighting game

That's okay I guess. Anything missing here? Hopefully there is no creative accounting and Smash or TxSF are the "unannounced" Namco title.

Shito

Oh we're seeing Xrd?
I missed that! That's cool, I hope it'll be more than just the trailer we've already seen.

vocab

Hand waving = dial-a-combo? I can dig it.

1295259353_guy-kicks-cat-while-playing-kinect.gif

Busaiku

Smash Bros. U
New Namco fighting game
Guilty Gear Xrd

Rumoured/Limbo:
Killer Instinct
Bloody Roar
TxSF

Hopes and dreams:
New Capcom fighting game

That's okay I guess. Anything missing here? Hopefully there is no creative accounting and Smash or TxSF are the "unannounced" Namco title.

Guilty Gear Xrd wasn't confirmed for E3.
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma is pretty likely though.

soakrates

Smash Bros. U
New Namco fighting game
Guilty Gear Xrd

Rumoured/Limbo:
Killer Instinct
Bloody Roar
TxSF

Hopes and dreams:
New Capcom fighting game

Only other thing I can think of is the very outside chance of something VF-related being announced or mentioned. Sega's holding a "VF.Talk" even on 6/22, the details of which are unclear: http://virtuafighter.com/threads/vf-talk-live-with-asapon-sexy-saito-and-shinjuku-jacky.18033/

It's the first VF event Sega's held in quite some time, and this year does mark the 20th anniversary of the VF series, so hopefully something substantial is on the horizon.

Knowing Sega, though, it ain't bloody likely.

Smash Bros. U
New Namco fighting game
Guilty Gear Xrd

Rumoured/Limbo:
Killer Instinct
Bloody Roar
TxSF

Hopes and dreams:
New Capcom fighting game

Is it actually confirmed that Xrd is gonna be there?

Dahbomb

Smash Bros. U
New Namco fighting game
Guilty Gear Xrd

Rumoured/Limbo:
Killer Instinct
Bloody Roar
TxSF

Hopes and dreams:
New Capcom fighting game

TxSF is the Namco fighter. You can bet your candy ass on it.

kick51

Banned
Smash Bros. U
New Namco fighting game
Guilty Gear Xrd

Rumoured/Limbo:
Killer Instinct
Bloody Roar
TxSF

Hopes and dreams:
New Capcom fighting game

DIVEKICK

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I don't know if this would be better for the dedicated Injustice thread, but you guys seem pretty welcoming so I'm asking here.

I have a pretty weak fighting game background and SF/MVC seem like they have a harsh barrier to entry. I was thinking about picking up Injustice for PS3 when I get back to the US. How big is the gap between new players and experienced players? Is it pretty noob friendly? In game frame data sounds like a nice luxury. Can anyone recommend a solid beginner character? Anyone have an opinion on the quality of it's online multiplayer? It seems that most people play on pad for Injustice, so I'll probably go for that as well.

Sorry if out of place.

Injustice is a pretty good game to pick up if you're not an experienced fighting game player. It's really easy to understand and the combos tend to be relatively easy.

The gap between noob and experienced player is always going to be big in legitimate fighting games, but the level of skill in Injustice online is pretty low in general. Especially compared to a game like SF4. I think a ton of people who don't usually play fighting games bought Injustice so you shouldn't just be getting destroyed by everyone.

The netcode isn't great, but it's very playable.

Holy fuck. If he took some lessons he could actually be a really good singer. My mind is shattered.

Chindogg

I'm upset.

People voted Stanley for Skullgirls down because he was a "stupid idea."

Then I find this:

tumblr_mmu5u49eAT1s7z7t3o2_1280.gif

Now tell me. What part of this is stupid? If you voted Stanley down, I hate you all.

Dahbomb

Ultradavid the Mid tier hero.

I'm upset.

Then I find this:

tumblr_mmu5u49eAT1s7z7t3o2_1280.gif

Now tell me. What part of this is stupid? If you voted Stanley down, I hate you all.
I voted for Stanley mainly because of the Proton Cannon. The "deal with it" sun glasses were just the cherry on top.

I'm upset.

Then I find this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/99557e1759ef24ff65aa1fc03c15dd71/tumblr_mmu5u49eAT1s7z7t3o2_1280.gif[IMG]

Now tell me. What part of this is stupid? If you voted Stanley down, I hate you all.[/QUOTE]

At least Annie wasn't voted in. Half glass full man.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
yeah, you should remove that link, it does look too personal (Just my two cents)

Horseress

I beat Haunts last time. Maybe I should try for Combofiend?

#teambeef

Also, people on the chat asking Combo about E3, and he said we just to wait till Monday for "the announcement", whatever it is
Man, I know it should be nothing, but... it's HARD to not be excited, I already have the money for the hype train tickets, but I'm not sure if I should jump in...

SmokeMaxX

Lord Haunts and CapcopFiend playing AE on PSN right now http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters/new

Is it about time for more balance changes talk?
Also, sometimes it seems as if they've never played SF4 when they talk about it. They talk about making safe moves safer and "nerfing moves" by giving them better frame data. Then they're like "This move is stupid the way it is, let's give it X property" ...and it already has that property...

spooooooooky sooo good haha.

So what do you guys think about madcatz's new console at e3? Maybe they'll get some fighting games on it.

Top Bottom