• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 3-9 | Getting Put On Blast

Pretty funny how VxG went from "they're just luring you guys in to steal your kidneys" to Capcom sponsoring it.

I hope this means they'll be sponsoring more tourneys but not holding my breath.

Maybe Capcom is just in the kidney stealing business.

Anything to get dat paypuh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
F2P fighters can work in the Valve model, which pretty much only works because its subsidized by a gigantic install base and their ability to deliver and market it effortlessly to them. LoL model grew out of that.

When you stray further from that, F2P models become pretty crap and what people solely associate with F2P. The only other model that would work is the ME3 multiplayer model, which doesn't really work for fighters either, and is better for co-operative gameplay.

While Jacky is possibly one of my favorite FG characters.....no...just...no

dealm2uyt.png

To be fair, gamers haven't been G4's target audience for quite a while.

Hence the hollow remains. It's last few years, the target audience were Cops and Cheaters diehards. It's like, how dare people expect videogames on a television channel that once had the tagline "TV for gamers".

Almost like "how dare people want music out of Music Television"

Honestly I'm glad G4's gone. The old days were great but more recent G4 stunk.

T6 stuff:
What should I be doing as Devil Jin against crouching characters? Especially the drunken master guy. I can't find and good low options. f2, 3 doesn't hit all the way down.

Why are all of his coolest and most defining moves impractical? :(

Played another 5 hours, all with Devil Jin. I still feel like Soul Calibur is the far more fun and interesting game, but I am not unamused by T6.

fader

Hence the hollow remains. It's last few years, the target audience were Cops and Cheaters diehards. It's like, how dare people expect videogames on a television channel that once had the tagline "TV for gamers".

AMEN

Doomshine

T6 stuff:
What should I be doing as Devil Jin against crouching characters? Especially the drunken master guy. I can't find and good low options. f2, 3 doesn't hit all the way down.

Played another 5 hours, all with Devil Jin. I still feel like Soul Calibur is the far more fun and interesting game, but I am not unamused by T6.

ff+2 and b+4 are both decent mids. b+4 can also hit grounded, it should hit Lei and Eddy when they are in their ground stances if the angle is right.

Dahbomb

T6 stuff:

Did you check out my post?

Laser Canon, Twin Pistons, Demon Paw are your go to moves against opponents who like to crouch. Also try Demon Steel Pedal (back + 4).

Or do you mean hitting enemies when they are lying on the ground? For that you have down/back + 2.

His coolest moves are his Laser attacks and his flying attacks. His Dragon Punch + 1, hold 1 is a bad ass shoryuken and take them into the sky and smack them down. down + 1 + 2 is the laser beam. 3+4 is flight mode into follow ups. And yea they are all impractical just like every other Tekken character although some have situational usage.

At least you guys had a video game channel. The UK's not had one of those for a decade. :(

Which is kinda silly really, as it wouldn't be hard to have a channel with simple evening gaming content, then the rest of the slots filled with TV that has similar themes to popular video games - Joss Whedon shows and the like.

Did you check out my post?

Laser Canon, Twin Pistons, Demon Paw are your go to moves against opponents who like to crouch. Also try Demon Steel Pedal (back + 4).

Or do you mean hitting enemies when they are lying on the ground? For that you have down/back + 2.

His coolest moves are his Laser attacks and his flying attacks. His Dragon Punch + 1, hold 1 is a bad ass shoryuken and take them into the sky and smack them down. down + 1 + 2 is the laser beam. 3+4 is flight mode into follow ups. And yea they are all impractical just like every other Tekken character although some have situational usage.
db.2 is what I was looking for. How do I follow that up? I feel like I'm at frame disadvantage even on hit.

And of course I read your post. It has formed the backbone if my game. I went from 25-35 to 40-20 and making my BIL change his main. I don't really get what I should do if I get my opponent into a block string, though. I feel like every blocked series resets the neutral. Advice is needed.

Dahbomb

db.2 is what I was looking for. How do I follow that up? I feel like I'm at frame disadvantage even on hit.

And of course I read your post. It has formed the backbone if my game. I went from 25-35 to 40-20 and making my BIL change his main. I don't really get what I should do if I get my opponent into a block string, though. I feel like every blocked series resets the neutral. Advice is needed.
D/B + 2 is only for opponents on the ground.

Doomshine

db+2 is +5 on hit according to the frame data on avoiding the puddle so all your WS moves should be uninterruptable. That is if you hit them standing that is.

As for blocked moves it all depends on the move. Usually you are at a disadvantage when a move is blocked so don't press too many buttons, but you could try backdashing or sidestepping to try and bait out a move and punish. Again, it depends on the frames.

Trollpanga Day 2 is now live

http://www.twitch.tv/goldencen

Nice, last night was great w/ the hakan.

don't you like marathon cops? That was the bee's knees

Dahbomb

D/B+2 is plus on hit and after it you can do a while standing move to keep them in check (WS + 1,2 or WS + 2 or WS + 4,4).

Most attacks on block are negative but they are also not that easy to punish either. A blocked move essentially means you can attempt a move that has more start up but will give you more frame advantage on block. An example would be throwing out 1, 2, 3. Lots of start up on last hit but causes a lot of block stun (+5 on block). After that you can check them with Laser Cannon or even go for a throw. There aren't a lot of block strings, you have to gain frame advantage by landing pokes and after landing pokes you go for bigger moves that give you more advantage or go tricky stuff.

Shouta

Really xTekken has turned into law and paw mirror matches?

Edit: aw he lost, went up 1 game but the other guy got 2 in a row. Good effort.

Oh btw, I've been playing Kuma and Law since the release of the game, heh. I'm also the guy that coined Law and Paw, lol.

Did it feel worse than losing to me? Kappa

A bit, haha. I should've beaten Teddy but I just kind of derped myself out of the tournament.

On the brightside, I'm top 4 for VF5 today.

D/B+2 is plus on hit and after it you can do a while standing move to keep them in check (WS + 1,2 or WS + 2 or WS + 4,4).

Most attacks on block are negative but they are also not that easy to punish either. A blocked move essentially means you can attempt a move that has more start up but will give you more frame advantage on block. An example would be throwing out 1, 2, 3. Lots of start up on last hit but causes a lot of block stun (+5 on block). After that you can check them with Laser Cannon or even go for a throw. There aren't a lot of block strings, you have to gain frame advantage by landing pokes and after landing pokes you go for bigger moves that give you more advantage or go tricky stuff.
What is while standing?

Top Bottom