• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 3-9 | Getting Put On Blast

sleepykyo

i dont know if i ever liked darkstalkers, or my teenage hormones did...

Probably both. It had monsters and beauties for hormones and had a boatload of options for gaming. eg. Supers, alpha counters, chain comboes, ex, push back, etc. It just happens that most of those have been widely implemented now.

Audio levels on the teamkhaos stream are all messed up. I have to turn it up super loud to hear what anyone is saying, but then when someone gets excited it practically blows out my eardrums.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just had a dream where NWM was streaming an orgy and somehow Haunts was part of it. What. Last thing I remember is Akuma on the space needle or soomething.

Grecco

About to head out to the VXG qualifier here where i live. Hope i dont go 0-2. Also hope i get to play Justin Wong today.

Dahbomb

If anything I think this will be more like the DOA U model. I just hope we get more than 4 characters unlocked for free and a slightly different system.

Also its Tekken Revolution not Evolution.

Neither will anyone else's if Capcom goes nuts with it.
I think if there's a $60 retail option I am OK with it otherwise F2P only might be a shitstorm in the making.

I am REALLY regretting selling my PS3 right now. Not just for F2P Tekken but TloU and if that rumored TLG is true... then fuck me. I hope all these games are ported up to PS4 eventually.

You guys are gonna make Sayah cry.
I think if there's a $60 retail option I am OK with it otherwise F2P only might be a shitstorm in the making.

I am REALLY regretting selling my PS3 right now. Not just for F2P Tekken but TloU and if that rumored TLG is true... then fuck me. I hope all these games are ported up to PS4 eventually.
PS+, Skullgirls, Demon's Souls and Naughty Dog are the main reason I like this system. Can't wait to play The last of us.

Dahbomb

Why isn't this on 360 as well?

Also I am 90% sure if this does well it well be ported to PS4 as well. They ported Tekken 5 to PS3 as well.

Why isn't this on 360 as well?

Also I am 90% sure if this does well it well be ported to PS4 as well. They ported Tekken 5 to PS3 as well.
Probably the excessive Q&A policies and patch fees. I can't tell you how big a pain in the ass that was for Lab Zero Games. Namco probably doesn't want to have any of that.

Duxxy3

I don't like F2P but I will definitely check out tekken revolution.

Maybe tekken will monetize viewers. Like you could pay a microtransaction to make grand finals go faster.

tumblr_m6vie8hf6q1qdrfdro1_400.gif

Horseress

Fucking hell I want the model to be announced already...

I'm curious about the model and about the game mechanics. I'm almost sure it will be 1x1, but I wonder if it will be "dumbed down" from TTT2 and previous Tekken games.

Anyway, mind = blown. Kinda sad it isn't going to be TxSF, but it's da future mang!

it's possible a F2P fighter ends up hemmoraging value as existing casual players don't go past buying/outfitting their one/two favorite characters. If the net cost of outfitting a couple of characters outweighs buying a retail disc, it'll be pretty hard to not make those prices stink.

I think it'll come down to if someone can come up with a custom/variant monetization scheme that works with fighters and their intended audiences better than just completely ripping from LoL.

(I have no idea what that would be)

Street Fighter FTP's free characters should be Blanka and Dan. Capcom will make all the monies from Ken and Ryu players.

It can't backfire at all.

sleepykyo

F2P fighters are gonna bomb.

It isn't like fighters are doing that well this gen. Something has to be done to change things up. That being written, I'm surprised Namco would do this with Tekken when they still have arcade machines. That is, Soul Calibur 5, would have been my choice for an experiment.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62157199]DOA f2p > Tekken f2p[/QUOTE]
So you have already seen the model for Tekken Revolution?

Also you can play 1v1 in TTT2 as well.

Top Bottom