• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 18-24 | Forget it Jake, it's Capcom Town

Essay

Sweet. +R on Steam. Finally a game on the platform that will break my measly high of 50 hour-played (KOFXIII).

No, seriously, there's less than 50 active VSav players in NA I'd bet.

How are you defining "active"? You might be right, but I'd want to say there's more. I see 80+ in a very active chat I lurk, 30 that traveled to Evo, a variety of others that I met at NEC, and even more unfamiliar killers playing when I was at Next Level a few months ago. I never really netplay the game, so I'm not sure how that scene looks, but I understand it's not hard to find matches. What I don't see are many tournaments being hyped up (at least without Rotanibor's championing in advance), but the throw-downs definitely happen when the players are in the same place.

So where the hell did those modders go and who wants to start a donation fund for them, lol

It's been a long time since I played Melty, but CCCaster was the name of the matchmaking client. It worked decently enough. I did have match against some guy named Texas Tim when I was in new york a long time ago, so assuming he actually was in Texas, and it worked decently enough. Playing against other people in my state felt pretty smooth, it works better than using the in game matchmaking.

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/me...caster-v1-0a-netplay-client-for-mbaacc-1-4-0/

Uraizen

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;164775972 said:
French-Bread pls
"Akatsuki:
-A Tekkou (214A) worse on block? About -4f. It's a free throw for the opponent."

Akatsuki does not deserve a single nerf.

Kumubou

Thinking about the first attack vorpal change, it can lead to some dumb stuff, like Gordeau doing 99sec grim reaper or Merkava mashing on 214X from the jump and being able to immediately go into a combo. If they're going to keep it, I suspect it would be better to just award bonus GRD for it and have the vorpal effect kick in when it would normally.

It's been a long time since I played Melty, but CCCaster was the name of the matchmaking client. It worked decently enough. I did have match against some guy named Texas Tim when I was in new york a long time ago, so assuming he actually was in Texas, and it worked decently enough. Playing against other people in my state felt pretty smooth, it works better than using the in game matchmaking.

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/me...caster-v1-0a-netplay-client-for-mbaacc-1-4-0/
For what it's worth, that client has seen some significant upgrades over the last 2-3 months -- that's when it went to a rollback-based implementation, and it's way more responsive now. As in I can play someone cross-country at 0-1 delay and playing people on the other side of the ocean isn't a terrible experience.

Sweet. +R on Steam. Finally a game on the platform that will break my measly high of 50 hour-played (KOFXIII).

How are you defining "active"? You might be right, but I'd want to say there's more. I see 80+ in a very active chat I lurk, 30 that traveled to Evo, a variety of others that I met at NEC, and even more unfamiliar killers playing when I was at Next Level a few months ago. I never really netplay the game, so I'm not sure how that scene looks, but I understand it's not hard to find matches. What I don't see are many tournaments being hyped up (at least without Rotanibor's championing in advance), but the throw-downs definitely happen when the players are in the same place.
Unfortunately nowadays having to search for more than a minute in any fighting game tends to paint it as something unworthy of spending time on. I find it strange coming from a scene where people would have to travel by car, bus, train or airplane at times to fight the best opponents.

Papstr

Neo Member
Man I'm pretty excited for that UNIELST. It might actually make me wanna play it again, it'll be gr-

『Inaba Resident』;164775972 said:
French-Bread pls
"Akatsuki:
-A Tekkou (214A) worse on block? About -4f. It's a free throw for the opponent."

Oh.

*Sigh*

*boots up Blitzkampf*

Kumubou

Man I'm pretty excited for that UNIELST. It might actually make me wanna play it again, it'll be gr-

Oh.

*Sigh*

*boots up Blitzkampf*
That's about the one nerf he has out of a dozen or so buffs:

Close range 5B added
Close range 5B > Far range 5B route works
5B has increased cancel-routes
Downed opponent can be picked up with close range 5B
B Denkoudan (236B) increased bullet speed
A Hakubou (22A) is a signle-shot move now. Increased damage
A Hakubou increased hitbox!? It's not an aerial suicide, but you can continue with Denkoudan.
A Tekkou (214A) worse on block? About -4f. It's a free throw for the opponent.
Far range 5C doesn't whiff on crouchers!!
Kamikaze raw damage 3900
Assault j.B & Assault j.C won't whiff anymore
j.2C doesn't scale as badly as it did before.
It may not be enough, but this doesn't look like an Capcom style "let's nerf bottom tier characters into the ground" screwjob.

Rhapsody

Banned
Just give me a better Seth and Nanase, and I will love you French Bread.

Also add Erika.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Chaos buffs please.

My boy is ready

CFl1jaqWMAAlnma.jpg

.la1n

The vsav scene on ggpo is like 15 regulars though. And I think a few people play on PS3.

I am one of the PS3 warriors, there are certain times of the day you can get regular matches. I don't play as much as I used to because of time constraints and trying to concentrate on games I will be playing at locals. I'd say it's impressive for as old as the game is that we still have the amount of people we do.

jbug617

Banned
PS3 sticks for PS4 is confirmed for USF4. They also said they got rid of the PS3 lag (my guess the port is based off the PC version anyway).

TacosNSalsa

PS3 sticks for PS4 is confirmed for USF4. They also said they got rid of the PS3 lag (my guess the port is based off the PC version anyway).

There is a great video on youtube that I wish I could find right now that says there was no PS3 lag..the odd one out was the Xbox version it ran faster. PC arcade and PS3 all ran exactly the same ..really is irrelevant at this point but just found it interesting ..

Anne

Thanks guys <3

Edit: Oh nevermind orz

Pretty sure the final verdict was that the arcade and PS3 versions each had 4 frames of lag while the 360 version had 2.

Hopefully this increases the chance that the Japanese side of Capcom developing SF5 will add the drivers.

I played the arcade version a pretty good amount before USF4 came out. We had the big red cabs, and I can confirm they lagged more than an Xbox set up on an ASUS.

There is a great video on youtube that I wish I could find right now that says there was no PS3 lag..the odd one out was the Xbox version it ran faster. PC arcade and PS3 all ran exactly the same ..really is irrelevant at this point but just found it interesting ..

Pretty sure the final verdict was that the arcade and PS3 versions each had 4 frames of lag while the 360 version had 2.

Hopefully this increases the chance that the Japanese side of Capcom developing SF5 will add the drivers.

AAK

I would rebuy TTT2 and VF5 if it got the same no lag/1080p release. Probably even HDR actually

The 1 frame lag in TTT2 is unfortunately intentional and it's used to iron out the netcode. Although it does wonders for the netcode, the same thing gets applied to offline. I have no idea why Namco just made the 1 frame input lag for online mode only but kept it out of offline.

Holy crap, we can use PS3 sticks on the PS4 for USF4.

I too would also rebuy every fighter digitally if I could as long at they at least try to let you use a joystick.

Nyoro SF

Not so daily reminder that you can use almost every joystick ever made in the past 20 years with a proper adapter on the PC version of any fighting game.

I was having fun a week ago playing Skullgirls on PC with my old Wii joystick lol

Top Bottom