• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 18-24 | Forget it Jake, it's Capcom Town

Anne

at this point im hoping the animation speed/hitstop is simply adjusted for the trailers

cuz that shit literally looks like some slow mo the pacing is just way off

Probably a bit of this, probably a bit of a pacing change. More hitstun and longer hitstop make it easier for people to identify and time where links go.

Clawww

Maybe not. It could just be a follow up to that new move.

watching in slow mo and it definitely look like an additional input/separate move... you can tell the player is buffering it

also looks they're doing the weird cuts mid combo... the knee into c.mp link has a cut between it

SFV's mechanics continue to make me curious. Universal power ups? Darkstalker style pounces? Heavy combos?

I enjoyed the Bison trailer. Probably my favorite SF character, but I don't enjoy playing as him. Maybe SFV will change that.

Skilletor

Have to say I'm loving what they're doing with these movesets. Bison and charlie both look totally different than everything that has come before.

mbpm1

I hate the art style and as a SF casual I at least want to like what I see while I am getting bodied. I really hope there is another Capcom VS game with a more traditional art style. Like Cap vs SNK style or 3rd Strike.

Those days are over. Best we can hope for are interesting new styles. Which isn't really happening in SF5 atm really.

Bison looks kinda boring but with a cooler headstomp and potentially better teleport. Not much to report here.

Reading the Alpha 3 thread on GAF. I don't think people remember how good Chun Li, Ryu, Rose, and Ken were in that game. Especially Chun Li.

Or how good Alpha Counters were.

This one actually doesn't work anymore after patches. But maybe there's a new variation that does, so it could be that.

I wish this got a PSN/XBLA release like 3SOE, but apparently that was real expensive and had limited ROI.

Matter of fact, it probably would have been a better idea to do A3OE instead b/c the characters would've been more recognizable.

Bison feels like he is a just-do-stuff character vs his corner trap pressure style. That said, I am really happy they have him in the game. A combo after slide looks cool and his moves looks nice and chunky.

Skilletor

Reading the Alpha 3 thread on GAF. I don't think people remember how good Chun Li, Ryu, Rose, and Ken were in that game. Especially Chun Li.

Or how good Alpha Counters were.

This one actually doesn't work anymore after patches. But maybe there's a new variation that does, so it could be that.

Alpha counters sucked in a3. :(

Did no life, took meter, took a bar of guard meter as well. :(

Usually not worth it. I want something between A2's super strong ones and A3's weaker counters.

I also want Alpha Anthology on PS4 w/ GGPO netcode.

SFV is looking a bit...chain combo-ey

Where?

Rhapsody

Banned
iirc, doesn't Japan hate Alpha 2 as well? I recall Nuki being dominant in that game, especially with how good Chun was in that game, and saying he thought the game was awful.

People saying in the A3 thread that A2 is more popular, but I disagree about that. I see people giving A2 love in forums, but that's it.

Edit: I like both A2 and A3, but I feel like a lot of people really never went in on both of those games. A2 had it's fair share of bad.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I have a hard time figuring out what it'll play like. Doesn't look like a "3 frame jabs into link into cancel" sort of game.

Horseress

Really glad they are revealing him now, a few weeks before E3. I was already concerned they would just reveal Bison and maybe tease another character, but since they already revealed him, and left no teaser behind, we'll probably get a good chunk of news @ e3.

I bet a new character will be introduced

mbpm1

Don't understand why people want to change things to motions. Bison would be stupid as fuck if scissor kick was a motion.

He would certainly be different.

Walk up midscreen, am I going to play footsies with you? No I'm going to throw a fireball/headstomp/scissor kick/slide you.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Unlike FADCing/comboing into ultras in SF4 or parries in SF3, these new mechanics look more suited for both styles, actually.

Top Bottom