• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 20-26 | MRN died so Guilty Gear could live!

sleepykyo

We can only hope Sony doesn't charge a fee to play used games.

Pretty sure Sony will leave up to the publishers. The real question is whether Capcom will do it. They were one of the first to implement the always online requirement for the PS3 and claimed it was standard fare, when no one could think of another title that implemented that. And Atlus was one of the first to implement a region lock (though I think that was at Ghostlight's request).

I see that the Xbox will charge a fee to play used games.

Looking mighty bad for tournaments...
No chance any major tournament will run on XBox one.

1) Used game fee.
2) Massive system.
3) Kinect required to function.
4) Various Kinect issues that can arise.

The only thing that could even give Microsoft a chance is if the PS4 also requires used game fees. Still, putting up with Kinect setups and calibration for every single tournament station is a serious pain in the ass for a TD to deal with.

Keits

Developer
More scumbag Fanatiq theater for you, gaffers.

https://twitter.com/MrFanatiq/status/336936326781878272
Scumbag Fanatiq; says
a lot of top players disagree with some of his practices.
Refuses to name practices or players.

https://twitter.com/MrFanatiq/status/336936458843721732
Scumbag Fanatiq; says
Just watch, when several top players don't go to his tournament. Simple as that.
Several top players don't go to every tournament for a huge multitude of personal or professional reasons, but Fanatiq is happy to leverage that into trying to change the facts. The fact is that he, and a select other few, don't enjoy our deep payout system, no exceptions no bullshit scheduling, and no favoritism rules. Simple as that.

Also, im actually laughing at loud at you if you think I'm sweating the absence of "several top players". I'll just enjoy the attendance of the other thousand passionate players who want to have a great weekend and not feel like someone shit on them.

https://twitter.com/MrFanatiq/status/336942887528960000
Scumbag Fanatiq; doesnt get his way, twists and changes facts and badmouths his "friends" event in public repeatedly. Owes no apologies to anyone.
I don't give empty apologies so don't expect one. I guess I have a reason to stream now.

Dahbomb

inXnRfO.png

This is the console we play.

xCobalt

The only plus I can think of running X1 for tournaments is that there may be lower costs depending on the fee. Once you install the game to the hard drive, you won't need the disk anymore. So a TO and his staff will most likely only need one copy of the game. Again, this really depends on how much the fee will be.

More scumbag Fanatiq theater for you, gaffers.

https://twitter.com/MrFanatiq/status/336936326781878272
Scumbag Fanatiq; says Refuses to name practices or players.

https://twitter.com/MrFanatiq/status/336936458843721732
Scumbag Fanatiq; says Several top players don't go to every tournament for a huge multitude of personal or professional reasons, but Fanatiq is happy to leverage that into trying to change the facts. The fact is that he, and a select other few, don't enjoy our deep payout system, no exceptions no bullshit scheduling, and no favoritism rules. Simple as that.

Also, im actually laughing at loud at you if you think I'm sweating the absence of "several top players". I'll just enjoy the attendance of the other thousand passionate players who want to have a great weekend and not feel like someone shit on them.

https://twitter.com/MrFanatiq/status/336942887528960000
Scumbag Fanatiq; doesnt get his way, twists and changes facts and badmouths his "friends" event in public repeatedly. Owes no apologies to anyone.

Scumbag indeed.

JeTmAn81

I think we might be the only thread remaining on the front page that does not have the words "Xbox One" in its title. Stay strong, guys.

DONJONJ

Neo Member
Was wondering today if that was his schtick: let me do what I want or players won't attend your event.

Lame.

Sadly, given past drama revolving around him, the event is better off by Fanatiq and whichever sycophants not going. There's no sign of his antics stopping anytime soon.

If anything superior hardware would make PS4 tourney console of choice anyway (short of MS giving away free consoles maybe). Obviously the kinect shit just makes it laughable to think how it would work in a loud and crowded environment.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah Keits shouldn't be giving Fanatiq any further attention. That's all Fanatiq wants and that's all his goal has been, he's an attention whore and an idiot. It's best just to let his echo chamber slowly collapse in on itself.

Scumbag Fanatiq could become the new meme if the real thing wasn't so annoying.
Niceguy Fanatiq might end up being funnier...

Also I'm sure MSFT is going to work something out for fornhe XBO at large events like MLG and EVO. Whether those options will also become available to small tourney organizers though... #occupyredmond

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Capcom has already said they don't see any future fighting games not having PC releases as well. I don't see anybody else doing it though, pretty much because they don't have to and nobody actually buys 'em on PC. Capcom would only do it because they can and because porting will be easier than ever.

Keits

Developer
Yeah Keits shouldn't be giving Fanatiq any further attention. That's all Fanatiq wants and that's all his goal has been, he's an attention whore and an idiot. It's best just to let his echo chamber slowly collapse in on itself.

Sound advice.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Theory: Jaxel likes the Xbox One and Kadey will predict it will win the next console generation.

Do the right thing, Kadey.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560721

Apparently it doesn't block used games or charge a free.

Not all doom and gloom?

Still not great if Kinect is required.
Kinect required isn't that big of a deal. You don't have to use NUI, you can use a controller. For TOs it is an issue because they don't need more shit you have to hook up for your console to start, it's already a logistical nightmare. But it's already established that PS4 is the best for fighting games. Rolling alphas/betas alone make it the best because that's what the genre needs most right now alongside F2P.

Capcom has already said they don't see any future fighting games not having PC releases as well. I don't see anybody else doing it though, pretty much because they don't have to and nobody actually buys 'em on PC. Capcom would only do it because they can and because porting will be easier than ever.
I buy fighters on PC. :(

Masaki_

Apparently I don't exist.

Anyway, SG is already coming. Now I just need KOF13.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Now that GAF is a bit more stable, I posted all of my thoughts here.

InB4EnzoIsAStanForRatingItMoreThan1/10.

Apparently I don't exist.

Anyway, SG is already coming. Now I just need KOF13.
Vocal minority is the proper term, apologies. None of Capcom's PC games even breaking 200k is definitely something. Especially considering how long SF4 has been out, how many sales there have been for it, etc.

When we get a big name PC fighting game that is on steam and isn't GFWL and isn't released like 6 months after the console version and not patched we'll see if they sell or not.

I think they would do just fine.

Dahbomb

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560721

Apparently it doesn't block used games or charge a free.

Not all doom and gloom?

Still not great if Kinect is required.
It's still a bad slippery slope, really can't tell which way this whole is leaning. Until people try it out themselves we wouldn't really have a way of knowing how this whole works.

One thing is for sure its not going to be as simple as taking out a disc from one console and putting it into another console then playing the game instantly.

Shouta

Fighters on PC would kinda suck for tourneys because of the price. Could you imagine it BSODing in the middle of your match? Get Ultra 1 with T.Hawk to win Evo but it blue screens on you at the last second.

Top Bottom