• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 25-31 | Marvel vs. Comcast

If the port is still busted by the time EVO rolls around I can see them breaking whatever agreement they had with Sony and going back to the 360 version. Whatever moneyhats Sony is handing out isn't worth what might possibly be the biggest fiasco in EVO history.

I don't think that's going to happen.

Nyoro SF

If the port is still busted by the time EVO rolls around I can see them breaking whatever agreement they had with Sony and going back to the 360 version. Whatever moneyhats Sony is handing out isn't worth what might possibly be the biggest fiasco in EVO history.

I've got my popcorn ready!

If money can get away with murder, it can get away with this.

Y-Yams? I never thought of you being the assassin type. Do you mark your targets by multiquotes?

Kumubou

Yeah I'm confused too. When I've seen Mike use it with SG, it looks simple and straight forward. Why is it so weird in MKX and, apparently, USFIV?
It really looks like Lab Zero needs to issue something regarding best practices with the driver along with the source (if they're not already doing that, and if they are...). It sounds like they're working with NRS to get it addressed, but who knows with the USF4 port.

Dai101

Banned

i'm ready

2qdDUkc.gif

petghost

Banned
Yo so is it only the menus and legacy controllers are fucked up or is there input lag or something? The first two are awful but liveable but if gameplay is effected then that is unforgivable.

Why is that too good to be true? Sony is providing the 500K not Capcom. It's Capcom who fucked up here, not Sony.

I'm not saying it's anybody's fault, it's just the universe correcting itself, because the FGC will always have to hold that L

It's like when someone does or says anything cool on Game of Thrones, you know that shit is coming back around

Dahbomb

Yo so is it only the menus and legacy controllers are fucked up or is there input lag or something? The first two are awful but liveable but if gameplay is effected then that is unforgivable.
Game play is 100% affected. It's bad enough that the game is laggy/slower but they fucked up the properties of some moves too like the Decapre teleport.

I bet there's a shit ton of other stuff people will find in this version in terms of bugs and stealth "balance" changes.

Now that I think back on it, didn't 3S at EVO use the PS2 port for a couple of years? If there's precedence for using a busted port with very noticeable gameplay changes then EVO might as well cash the check from Sony and tell everyone in the bracket to hold that shit.

EDIT: Also, judging by the amount of "NUH UH" in the Gaming thread for the PS4 port, the Sony console warriors are way more zealous than the Xbox ones. I guess it's to be expected after the Uncharted 3/DriveClub/Order 1886 review threads, but I'm surprised at people being hostile to accusations of input lag of all things.

Clawww

You would think that since:
1) Street Fighter is a flagship title for Capcom.
2) Capcom has entered a business arrangement with Sony for SFV.
3) The success of USFIV PS4 is likely important for fostering SFV's success.

They might have given more of a shit than this, haha.

on some level, I would have been disappointed if the port were flawless

petghost

Banned
Game play is 100% affected. It's bad enough that the game is laggy/slower but they fucked up the properties of some moves too like the Decapre teleport.

I bet there's a shit ton of other stuff people will find in this version in terms of bugs and stealth "balance" changes.

well shit...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Capcom is the best and so is street fighter, you guys just don't know how to appreciate real fighting games from the best company that makes them. This is all obviously intentional, they just wanted the base game to play like it's online at all times so everyone can experience it. Also Decapre nerf makes sense she was waaaay too good and unfair.

Kikujiro

I'm not saying it's anybody's fault, it's just the universe correcting itself, because the FGC will always have to hold that L

It's like when someone does or says anything cool on Game of Thrones, you know that shit is coming back around

They want to go esports yet they can't even get a simple port right.

jbug617

Banned
Nemo wants the 360 version for SEAM

@GOOD_NEMO: @sgfighter SEAM will run USF4 on PS4?
I'm afraid that everxbody says PS4 isn't best at the present.
How about xbox360 instead of that?

Azure J

Capcom is the best and so is street fighter, you guys just don't know how to appreciate real fighting games from the best company that makes them. This is all obviously intentional, they just wanted the base game to play like it's online at all times so everyone can experience it. Also Decapre nerf makes sense she was waaaay too good and unfair.

Is this the part where Beef comes in and tells you to play more Guilty Gear?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

gr8 b8 m8

no no. It was good. I'm encouraging more post like that from you than your.... norm....

i dont wanna use my brain on the internet, too much power bzzttt
i just wanna slack off and have fun compared to being serious or thoughtful (like i am irl) but on gaf since its my outlet so i just let loose and go dumb

Nemo wants the 360 version for SEAM

the first of many pro vocal players.

Isn't this like the second time they accidentally nerf Decapre?

How do they even fuck that up

vulva

Why is that too good to be true? Sony is providing the 500K not Capcom. It's Capcom who fucked up here, not Sony.

Actually with Sony as the publisher, they fucked up as well

edit: assuming the game is actually borked and people aren't just overreacting

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Actually with Sony as the publisher, they fucked up as well

edit: assuming the game is actually borked and people aren't just overreacting

People are completely avoiding the fact that it was a Sony studio that did the port, not Capcom. For all we know, Capcom might have just sent an intern to check up on the game with how bad it came out.

Edit:

Illuminati tinfoil hatshit for a second, what if Capcom intentionally did this to simulate what SFV feels like right now and see the audiences response so they can fix it up before E3? Pick on the old game that isnt making them a lot of money anymore and just send it out for the masses to devour it alive.

Shouta

People are completely avoiding the fact that it was a Sony studio that did the port, not Capcom. For all we know, Capcom might have just sent an intern to check up on the game with how bad it came out.

Edit:

Illuminati tinfoil hatshit for a second, what if Capcom intentionally did this to simulate what SFV feels like right now and see the audiences response so they can fix it up before E3? Pick on the old game that isnt making them a lot of money anymore and just send it out for the masses to devour it alive.

It's not a sony studio, I think. It's the studio that ported MvC2 to XBL/PSN, I think. i.e. they were bound to fuck up.

Capcom fucking up all over again. The same folks couldn't get parity for SF4 either when all other developers could for their games, lol

vulva

^edit: again though, that's on Sony. Not strictly Capcom.

Edit:

At the end of the day, Capcom's a publisher. Keep in mind that SF4 was originally developed by DIMPS and the new characters were done by another studio. With Sony as a publisher, this goes to both of them and probably moreso Sony considering it was clearly their effort and influence that got this port to even happen. Not saying Capcom's without blame, but lets not act like this shouldn't be primarily directed to Sony for complaints

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
That's weird cause it was Sony themselves that made Third Party Production with Gio Corsi running the show there.

Twitter account

I don't know anymore lol

Edit:

Both are at fault since the game is a Capcom game and Sony fucked the port up. Hopefully a patch gets rolled out ASAP.

port is whack, but training mode seems fine. man how do you fuck up the character select screen and screen transistions. havent tried online or versus yet. Gonna take it to locals tonight to see

Edit:

It makes more sense for Sony to intentionally make a bad port so people will finally be able to tell the difference between SF4 and SF5

I mean, didn't Sony get caught demonstrating "blurays" with vanilla DVDs way back in the day?

Kappa.png

Doomshine

That's weird cause it was Sony themselves that made Third Party Production with Gio Corsi running the show there.

Twitter account

I don't know anymore lol

Edit:

Both are at fault since the game is a Capcom game and Sony fucked the port up. Hopefully a patch gets rolled out ASAP.

As far as I know they don't develop anything on their own, they just help 3rd party devs to bring stuff over.

Clawww

im gonna put this down as a certified blowup, with aftershock blowups r/t EVO that might be even juicier

take advantage and get dat CPM boys

Malice215

Come on, who really didn't see this coming from a mile away? Sony dropping the Brinks truck on Capcom to get SFV on their console while using USF4 to get people wet for it in the mean time, then outsourcing the port to a 3rd party. Of course it was going to be buns.

There's hope that they can fix this stuff with patching, but who knows what will be fixed and how soon and whether that patching breaks something else in the process.

All I know is that I'm going to enjoy the fallout from this. Really interested in seeing what the events that are locked in for the PS4 version do at this point.

I don't know why you'd enjoy the fallout when in all likelihood the ones who suffer most from this are the TOs who have no ability to change the outcome

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It makes more sense for Sony to intentionally make a bad port so people will finally be able to tell the difference between SF4 and SF5

I mean, didn't Sony get caught demonstrating "blurays" with vanilla DVDs way back in the day?

Kappa.png

It all comes full circle to make a second circle.

As far as I know they don't develop anything on their own, they just help 3rd party devs to bring stuff over.

Ah now that I remember, they do do that. Maybe Capcom just threw all the grunt work to them lol

Malice215

Players are just as screwed switching to a different console after competing on the 360 for so long, but you'd be crazy to expect a port coming out this soon by a third party to have 0 issues.

I do enjoy a blowup, but what matters now is that the port gets fixed.

gutabo

A fellow sumo player, DannyBoyPeru, says that the last hit of Honda's fierce/EX HHS whiffs on almost every character now... LMAO

I'm not even practicing and at EVO I'll be doing interviews more than actually trying to play but this still sucks so bad :(
(being serious here, not an OS)

xCobalt

Just loaded the game up. Whoever said theres a 9 frame input delay is hugely exaggerating. Menus are terrible but it seems okay in training mode. Maybe a 3 frame delay? I dunno.

entremet

They took way too long with the port honestly. It should've been finished much earlier so it could be fixed in time. I can't see this getting substantial fixes so quickly.

GooeyHeat

l7CeUc3.jpg

TvC thought of today. Yatterman 2 super is god damned annoying.
She's a pressure cooker character designed with a great multihitting jumpin thats safe, fast pokes, and a projectile that bounces back and forth between walls that gets faster eventually guaranteeing a section of the screen walled off.
Don't forget the command dash that leads into a more or less unreactable high/low and converts into big damage with a Baroque cancel!

jerry1594

Lol, awaiting the huge damage control tomorrow. This is nearly Colonial Marines bad right now. Either way I hope they kick Digital backbone to the curb and get this sorted out.
Now that I think back on it, didn't 3S at EVO use the PS2 port for a couple of years? If there's precedence for using a busted port with very noticeable gameplay changes then EVO might as well cash the check from Sony and tell everyone in the bracket to hold that shit.
Ps2 isn't perfect but it's not busted at all. The speed is faster and an unthrowable move for one character is throwable.

Top Bottom