• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 25-31 | Marvel vs. Comcast

Does anyone know if the ps4 controller is like the Xbox one controller in that if you plug it in it becomes a wired controller instead of wireless? Not sure since I think the ps4 controller is Bluetooth.

LegatoB

Does anyone know if the ps4 controller is like the Xbox one controller in that if you plug it in it becomes a wired controller instead of wireless? Not sure since I think the ps4 controller is Bluetooth.
Yep, it is. You can use it on a PC as a regular USB controller just by plugging it in.

damn they don't gotta blast the game on stream when they're on a Capcom stream lmao

Port confirmed slow and sluggish.

Typical Capcom fashion.

For it to be as simple as it is for other games that will be using the driver, or that are using the driver currently. :p
So, MKX? Which people have shown to still have trouble with?

I get that people want to use their $120+ controllers on a system that isn't natively backwards compatible, but come on now.

jbug617

Banned
Via Max in the USF4 PS4 thread.
Outside of what has been said...played about 10 matches. The game just feels off. Frame delay super obvious in 2 bar matches, around 5-9 frames. Feels slower online compared to PC/360. It's still running at 60, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on. Can feel it, can't explain it.

Crazy black outline around every character, very obvious if you look. Some stages colors are super off, super saturated.

Matchmaking is like early PC, most connection pings are blank.

edit
Can't find a match to save my life for the past 15 minutes. Unable to join session.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165280197&postcount=1680

Kikujiro

GG Capcom and Sony, tournament standard they said, after watching Momochi vs Daigo we are in for some real disappointment at Evo if this version is as bad as it sounds. I hope the community can change something, this shit is going to be ugly if it doesn't get patched.

It seems like there are only two or three companies good at porting (Hexadrive and Nixxes) or maybe they should stop using some random unknown developer and test the game before releasing it.

Beckx

So, MKX? Which people have shown to still have trouble with?

I get that people want to use their $120+ controllers on a system that isn't natively backwards compatible, but come on now.

No Karst means there is an implementation of the driver that just works & doesn't require that.

jbug617

Banned
GG Capcom and Sony, tournament standard they said, after watching Momochi vs Daigo we are in for some real disappointment at Evo if this version is as bad as it sounds. I hope the community can change something, this shit is going to be ugly if it doesn't get patched.

It seems like there are only two or three companies good at porting (Hexadrive and Nixxes) or maybe they should stop using some random unknown developer and test the game before releasing it.

Sony is fronting the cash. I can't see them letting CPT events go back to the 360 version.

Wait, wait, wait. Hina's over Shimo now? Wasn't it the other way around in 4.3?

Yes, but from 4.3 to AoC many character changes were made. Hina's damage output went a bit higher and she also has a meter-positive combo that starts with an EX move. Shimo's damage was nerfed slightly but she was given to new jumping command normals. Air Up+LP and air Down+HP I believe.

Nyoro SF

If the game is running at 60fps but feels off, then there must be a frame timing issue or input delay through bad programming. Bad frame timing usually results in stuttering so it's probably an input delay issue.

I find it amusing that Capcom outsourced this to a sketch company since Street Fighter 4 is one of their flagship games and is the EVO version. They've got two months to fix this using Playstation's extremely shitty certification system and a company that has no idea what they're doing by the looks of it. Good luck

If the game is running at 60fps but feels off, then there must be a frame timing issue or input delay through bad programming. Bad frame timing usually results in stuttering so it's probably an input delay issue.

I find it amusing that Capcom outsourced this to a sketch company since Street Fighter 4 is one of their flagship games and is the EVO version. They've got two months to fix this using Playstation's extremely shitty certification system and a company that has no idea what they're doing by the looks of it. Good luck
You would think that since:
1) Street Fighter is a flagship title for Capcom.
2) Capcom has entered a business arrangement with Sony for SFV.
3) The success of USFIV PS4 is likely important for fostering SFV's success.

They might have given more of a shit than this, haha.

Kikirin

Yes, but from 4.3 to AoC many character changes were made. Hina's damage output went a bit higher and she also has a meter-positive combo that starts with an EX move. Shimo's damage was nerfed slightly but she was given to new jumping command normals. Air Up+LP and air Down+HP I believe.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't been following the AoC changes much, so it's been surprising to see that things were shaken up to that extent.

smurfx

get some go again
how the hell did they not see these problems while developing the game? did they not have people test out the game?

owsmlm4.jpg

Let's Fucking GO! SwiftRage

Dai101

Banned
A half assed port with an extremely bothersome way for backwards compatibility with a controller?

HkapQZs.gif

This is a new low for capcpom

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Too much work, 360 version or riot is what its going to boil down to.

thanks sony

image.php

https://twitter.com/zDamascus/status/603290128845578240
Alright ps4 version REALLY feels different unless we messed up lol. Can't even overhead to st.MK lol

https://twitter.com/zDamascus/status/603291445986996224
for now I'm trying normal links. I couldn't even hit overhead to st.mk, the input lag feels different, problem X is confirming

Are you serious? Wow, just wow. If this version is forcibly played at CEO and EVO, there will be an uproar. I'm not gonna blame Sony and Capcom just yet, maybe they can roll out a patch ASAP. However, my question is, didn't they have anyone playtest this to see if it was laggy or not? Something smells suspicious.

I was hyped for a purchase, not only is there lag but the colors are off too? Sony 3rd party studio fucked up big time.

Is it too early to make a Cappcpom gonna Cappcocom post?

Its never too early.

Kumubou

I would also put Sumo Digital, Bluepoint and M2 on that list. It's interesting that port houses like that either seem to put a ton of work in getting them right or ship the bare minimum acceptable release.

This is going to be "fun" if every premiere Capcom Cup event has to be run on this version now.

You made one major miscalculation -- this is Capcom we are dealing with; raw incompetence should be assumed. I'm a bit more surprised that SCEA let the release go as-is... But I wonder who there would know enough to pick out all of the random issues.

Nyoro SF

If there's one thing Capcom has never failed to do over the past 10 years is surprise me with the potential of dumb decisions they can make. :p

That being said SF4 is an ancient game that has been abused to high hell for all sorts of ports and re-releases, but I never thought Capcom would be cheap enough to treat it like this for the PS4 version. Don't think Sony money was involved for this one.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I can tell the shoryusensan or whatever his name is isn't getting his jabs to come out after a blocked tatsu, the struggle lol

If there's one thing Capcom has never failed to do over the past 10 years is surprise me with the potential of dumb decisions they can make. :p

That being said SF4 is an ancient game that has been abused to high hell for all sorts of ports and re-releases, but I never thought Capcom would be cheap enough to treat it like this for the PS4 version. Don't think Sony money was involved for this one.

A specific studio from Sony was involved in porting this, I think they're called Sony Third Party Studio or something like that. They mostly work on porting indies from PS4 to PS Vita and stuff like that. For all we know, SF4 might have had some archaic stuff in it that needed to be reworked, but to be this messed up...

Edit:

They're are called Third Party Productions. Capcom too focused on SFV to care about SF-grandpa anymore.

Crocodile

How could Capcom botch the USFIV port? :( ;_;

Street Fighter is your baby, treat it right!

I won't pretend to know the details, but it's weird that their implementation is so clunky. When I saw Mike demonstrate it for SG he just plugged in the ps3 stick before going to the character select screen and it just worked IIRC.

Yeah I'm confused too. When I've seen Mike use it with SG, it looks simple and straight forward. Why is it so weird in MKX and, apparently, USFIV?

Kikujiro

It's really incredible, I can understand Capcom being Capcom, but Sony is betting money on SFV, they want to win the hardcore crowd, they are sponsoring the biggest tournaments and they hire a cheap developer to do the port. Despite all that they had the courage to write a blog post about how this was going to be the best version. Zero fucks given.

you sure are determined to downplay it all until the very end

at least I know better than to take what you have to say into account now

What do you have a problem with? I haven't attacked you, just said that sometimes game pieces do a ton of work for the player and that that match was one of those times. King and Saiki do not deal well with Chin. Bad matchups happen. Same thing as watching some Potemkin player get Fausted or FChamp crumble before some random Yun because the matchup is what it is. It doesn't mean the Yun player isn't good, but ignoring the game pieces is just preposterous in that kind of situation.

One of the reasons I was disappointed was because Tokido didn't do well at all outside of Chin - Misterio genuinely outplayed him for most of the match until the little drunk came into play. The third game being the exception, when Tokido actually got good work done with his other characters too. A long set might've showed differently, who knows. All I know is that this time Misterio played better. Little else to it.

If the port is still busted by the time EVO rolls around I can see them breaking whatever agreement they had with Sony and going back to the 360 version. Whatever moneyhats Sony is handing out isn't worth what might possibly be the biggest fiasco in EVO history.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
If the port is still busted by the time EVO rolls around I can see them breaking whatever agreement they had with Sony and going back to the 360 version. Whatever moneyhats Sony is handing out isn't worth what might possibly be the biggest fiasco in EVO history.

If money can get away with murder, it can get away with this.

Top Bottom