• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 25-31 | Marvel vs. Comcast

didn't expect you of all people to get on that twitch chat-like shit but whatever

I don't know how that's surprising, especially if you know what kind of characters I pick. What happened at Stunfest is precisely why you pick strong/cheap characters: A lot of the time, they allow you to do your job. But a lot of the time also, they carry you, and recognizing that is fine. Happens in MTG, happens in fighting games.

Sometimes my combo deck just draws a broken hand and I can play mana spell, mana spell, I Win Card. Sometimes the character is good at putting people in mixup situations like Chin is. It happens when it happens and you should pick your stuff with the intent of making it happen. Doesn't mean I have to like it every time I see it (like that T1 kill hand turning up in a casual game for example). In this case I was mostly amused because the Chin was just ridiculous.

Tokido also 3-0 Frionel in grand finals. His Chin is a huge threat but in the last half of the set his Claw Iori was yhe one putting in a lot of work. Tokido is just godlike and it's pretty interesting that he seems to change up some his characters on a yearly basis. He's definitely not a one note player.

Yeah, showed a lot of good play vs. Frionel, as well as the two rounds he won vs. Misterio.

Rhapsody

Banned
l7CeUc3.jpg

TvC thought of today. Yatterman 2 super is god damned annoying.
She's a pressure cooker character designed with a great multihitting jumpin thats safe, fast pokes, and a projectile that bounces back and forth between walls that gets faster eventually guaranteeing a section of the screen walled off.

Like this stuff

She's got this lvl 1 super though thats super annoying. She can summon a robot that floats around and it hits you at random. Opens you up a LOT for this girl and since her other lvl 1 is a chargeable projectile that can bounce all around it means she has a mixup super that walls you in coupled with another super trying to random high low you all while she pressures.

God she is annoying. I pretty much gotta tag Polymar out every time and let Karas handle her with long pokes, reflectors, and his counter super.

You're making me want to lab this again.

Beats

I won't pretend to know the details, but it's weird that their implementation is so clunky. When I saw Mike demonstrate it for SG he just plugged in the ps3 stick before going to the character select screen and it just worked IIRC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There was little chance the PS4 port wasn't going to have some funky stuff happen to the combat porting over.

Not only have they been hush on the port in general, but when developers care enough about being faithful to certain aspects of ports/remasters they REALLY make it a point in their marketing to remind you how everything will be as close as possible to the original, etc. I remember Iron Galaxy doing that especially.

Hopefully this late beta test is fruitful at the very least.

MrDaravon

Totally called this port being of dubious quality lol. Them talking about it being the tournament standard then not showing it and getting it out before Evo raised all kinds of red flags. Wonder how quickly it might get patched and how tournaments will handle it in the meantime.

And CEO

Won't be a good look if they switch back to 360 when Capcom and Sony are supposed to be showcasing SF5

I mean like.. you gotta blame the company thats porting it right?

Who didn't see this coming tho.

Also, someone explain to me why Sub Zero doesn't summon the Ice Klone randomly even when there's nothing out? He just hops back without one coming out.. trynna learn these combos but this game won't let me be hype

I mean like.. you gotta blame the company thats porting it right?

Who didn't see this coming tho.

Also, someone explain to me why Sub Zero doesn't summon the Ice Klone randomly even when there's nothing out? He just hops back without one coming out.. trynna learn these combos but this game won't let me be hype
Is there a timer on it?

This is of interest to me, since I plan to main Grandmaster Sub Zero.

Too klose to the opponent perhaps, or too soon after a previous one.

I don't know how that's surprising, especially if you know what kind of characters I pick. What happened at Stunfest is precisely why you pick strong/cheap characters: A lot of the time, they allow you to do your job. But a lot of the time also, they carry you, and recognizing that is fine. Happens in MTG, happens in fighting games.

Sometimes my combo deck just draws a broken hand and I can play mana spell, mana spell, I Win Card. Sometimes the character is good at putting people in mixup situations like Chin is. It happens when it happens and you should pick your stuff with the intent of making it happen. Doesn't mean I have to like it every time I see it (like that T1 kill hand turning up in a casual game for example). In this case I was mostly amused because the Chin was just ridiculous.

Yeah, showed a lot of good play vs. Frionel, as well as the two rounds he won vs. Misterio.

you sure are determined to downplay it all until the very end

at least I know better than to take what you have to say into account now

Nyoro SF

I can't believe the solution NRS used was copied by Capcom outsource team...
If the frame timing is also fucked up then maybe it would be faster to use PC after all ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom