• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 4-10 | I-No what that finger smells like [18+]

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
In the future, fighting games will be like work in the Jetsons. You push a button and win, but still bitch about how hard fighting games are.

ismk

"Supposedly"

14EpC3W.png

It's pretty consistently at between 100-200 concurrent players peaking daily. It's pretty dead on consoles because they're not getting any of the updates anywhere near as quickly. Big Band beta has just started and they don't even have Squigly yet.

Context :

V89xM6p.png

Both of these games are probably doing far better on Steam in terms of popularity than they ever did on consoles due to a combination of netcode / infrastructure improvements (Skullgirls lobbies, KOF's playable netcode) and I guess a PC audience thats pretty hungry to get into a genre thats commonly neglected on their platform.

It's great that KOF is getting so much love. How good is the netcode on PC? I really want to get into KOF and USF4.

Jazz-ism

Banned
kof on steam is a great experience

its insane how much better an online exp it is than console.

despite the record showing only like 120-200 ppl playing ive never had issues getting matches and they are USUALLY good quality and that says something given the fast pace of kof

ec0ec0

wow. 3:28 am here, i thought that i was going to sleep but.... capcom cup starts now :O Maybe i can stop after infiltration vs dakou...

Kumubou

I wouldn't mind if a better company handled DFO for the US. It made over a billion dollars worldwide and is still getting updates and a large playerbase in asia, while also having tournaments for it. It had a following in US but I wonder how it's numbers compared to other games Nexon handled like Vindictus, to let them keep going and decide to kill DFO. I know maplestory is getting a sequel and that game is also making lots of money. Even though it played like a brawler, the mentality in pvp was pretty much a fighting game.
DFO was fun to play versus other people, but it got kind of derpy at points. The real issue is that Nexon in the US completely failed to police the game from gold farmers/spammers, and they completely fucked up the monetization of the game. It seems like every Asian MMO that's tried to change their structure for the US market ends up falling flat on their face, but this one was really bad.

Anyone remember the US version of KwonHo? That was an even more hilarious fuck up.

It's great that KOF is getting so much love. How good is the netcode on PC? I really want to get into KOF and USF4.
They're still updating the netcode! The last patch introduced temp. bans for people who disconnect too much, along with other adjustments. It looks like someone at SNK really got fed up with their crap online play.

Top Bottom