• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 6-12 | One Frame, Two Frame, Just Frame, Plus Frame

vocab

Sad state of affairs we live in.

It's honestly the business model of the Japanese video game industry. It's outdated, and it can not sustain it self the way it has been.

Something big needs to happen to take fighting games to the next level. It's still clinging on to its old ways, and it's just not gonna last for long. ASW, and NRS have it right in terms of making something profitable with somewhat sustained revenue. The other companies not so much.

Kumubou

Was TTT2 not out in arcades? I thought that's where the Japanese fighters made all their money, which is why the rest of the world gets screwed on release times.
If I remember correctly, the coin drop rates for TTT2 were way down compared to Tekken 6. Still not poverty status, but this series has been on an ugly trend business-wise this generation. I wonder if TTT2 was the end of the series at one point.

It's crazy how much Capcom expects out of their releases. RIP Dragon's Dogma 2.

If only it was real.
Didn't Svenson all but flat out say around when he left Capcom that there was a big internal argument about a PC release of Dragon's Dogma, which ended up getting nixed. The sad thing is, if they actually did it, the game probably would have hit 2M sales. Welp, Capcpom gonna Capcpom.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Didn't Svenson all but flat out say around when he left Capcom that there was a big internal argument about a PC release of Dragon's Dogma, which ended up getting nixed. The sad thing is, if they actually did it, the game probably would have hit 2M sales. Welp, Capcpom gonna Capcpom.

The people on the top in Capcom need to disappear from business period.

Sayah

Harada states that T7 only got 1/4th of the budget of T5. That's fucking ridiculous but with that in mind they have actually done pretty well with T7.

Sad state of affairs we live in.
I think that has more to do with Harada and team working on multiple projects. Before, you didn't hear about Tekken team doing 4 different projects. Even stuff like Death by Degrees was outsourced.

But as I said in the Tekken thread, cut out customization. I really don't care if they ditch that to meet budget costs.

TTT2 definitely showed a decline in the franchise but it was still successful despite that fact. It no doubt made bank in arcades and money from the console release. It was profitable and at least not a flop. However, if Tekken 7 continues on that decline, the series could be in danger. Maybe it's a good thing they're finishing the Mishima saga.

If Tekken 7 releases on PC alongside with consoles (and not at a later date), I think there is potential for a new market for Tekken.

The people on the top in Capcom need to disappear from business period.

Seriously

Had they been able to get a Dragon's Dogma out on PS4 this year, I'm sure it would've done fantastic

Because there hasn't been much else worth playing on it yet...

Just have Ono team up with Valve for SF5 or some shit I dunno, maybe they'll make smarter design choices that way.

Mr. X

Tekken is doing that poorly? Hopefully he's not ending the Mishima Saga because he's expecting the franchise to get put on hold.

Fiktion

Banned
5HHJI76.png

Front page of Yahoo.
LMAO

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
A better comparison is that they would nerf Brawl Ike out of the gate lol

Yeah lol.

Little Mac doesn't even seem like he's that good

He just dominates in the favorite way for people to play smash casually. Up close and on the ground.

Busaiku

So I'll be doing a PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax tournament next Friday through Sunday.
Sign-ups are here. When signing up, include your GAF name and SEN name.
Like so: Busaiku (GAF) / Sarumanu (SEN)
If you want to, include your Twitter/Facebook/whichever mode of communication is best for you. This isn't required, but it'll make things easier.
Format as such: Busaiku (GAF) / Sarumanu (SEN) / @Sarumanu (Twitter)

Just to avoid any confusion, I ask that you keep the formatting, even if your name is the same across all platforms.
So again: GAF name (GAF) / SEN name (SEN) / Any other social media name (any other platform).

Sign-ups will be open until Wednesday (through Tuesday CDT).
This is open to all North American residents.

The format will be best 2 out of 3, double elimination. Winner/Loser Finals will be 3 out of 5. Grand Finals will be 4 out of 7.
All games must be played 2/3, 99 seconds.
Again, registration closes Tuesday, October 14, 2014, at 11:59 PM CDT.
The tournament will officially begin on Friday, October 17, 2014, at 12:00 AM CDT.
Once registration is closed, I will determine how many rounds must be completed each day (on Friday/Saturday/Sunday), and I'll enforce as such.
Since brackets will be finalized on Wednesday, you're free to play your matches prior to Friday, but I won't be penalizing absenteeism until Friday.
Participants (winner or loser) must let me know their results through GAF or PSN.

The prize of this tournament will be the Persona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth The Wild Cards Premium Edition (shipped through Amazon).
In the unlikely event I win, I'll save my money.

If you have any suggestions/ideas, I'm willing to incorporate them.
Have fun!

Top Bottom