• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 6-12 | One Frame, Two Frame, Just Frame, Plus Frame

PS3/PS4/PC is as far as that would go, MS doesn't allow it.

Final Fantasy XIV is cross platform between PC, PS3 and PS4 iirc.

Well they had Shadowrun and some other game that was Xbox to PC. Eh

TFC starts today. Times are PST
Kinda sucks marvel and sf4 are streamed at the same time. Going to multitwitch it
tfcstream-final2.png

I was gonna get hyped for the weekend, but then it's not a major.

Fair enough but it still sounds like a problem of personal taste than anything else. Fight Night was not indicative of the games that were popular last generation and any studio that made arcade style racers has pretty much closed down or stopped making them.

Edit: I guess all I am saying this generation appears disappointing but that appearance is not indicative of anything other than personal tastes and preferences. Either that or I am calling you out on being able to predict where a console generation is headed. I am honestly not sure myself where I am going with this anymore.

Edit: Holy shit Wipeout HD came out 2 years after the launch of PS3? God damn is the first year or two a console launch just wastelands. Always a good idea to wait.

Yep. I bought an Xbox One in December(pretty much launch) and it's a massive shitacular fest. In fact, all of this generation has been. I've said it a million times but Killer Instinct is what made me buy an Xbox One, but I in no way consider it to be a good system.

Kumubou

French Bread had a stream today -- Sourenga over at Dustloop has translated summary, but I'll give you highlights:

• UNI2 is a thing, but right now it's basically in pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-production. They're currently busy working on Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax updates. They're hiring for it, though.
  • The general feedback is that the system in UNI is good now, so they don't plan on making any drastic changes now or in the near future.
  • MBCC on All.net and MBHD are held up by Type-Moon, go bug them.
  • Things French Bread won't do: they won't do multiple guest characters from the same series (so you're not seeing Riesbyfe or Murakumo in UNI2) and they don't do panty shots (then what's up with some of Nanase's spritework??? Unless... D:)
I think there was also some news of a patch coming to the PS3 version to address bugs (like Waldstein's infinite) and to add some minor quality of life things (like music select options during stage select).

Regarding the new generation, I bought a PS4 at launch and that was a bit of a mistake. Not a really huge one, because I don't see the price of them coming down any time soon (unless Microsoft gets hyper-aggressive with pricing and more exclusives, which they seem to be inching towards) but I haven't really played much on it. I would play more Driveclub if the damned servers worked, and Bloodborne looks interesting -- and frankly, 2015 is when business looks to pick up in general for these consoles.

I'll be honest -- I want to get Xrd and DoA5:LR on the PS4 now and move away from the previous generation ASAP. Partially because the hardware is really showing its age (especially my old X360) and it's pretty clear the drop-dead date is coming fast. My issue there is more with the stick than the games themselves or having to pay for PS+ (I paid for XBL for about a decade and switched that to PS+, and I scooped discounted renewals for both XBL and PS+ on the regular so I'm never paying retail for it), but the sticks. I really don't want to spend $200 on a new stick just so that it works on a PS4 (sorry, MarkMan). I played the older DoA games (2U and 4) on pad, and I would probably learn GG on pad at that point.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
jIztUDGHMvKpV.png

Have ya'll seen this?

god damn.

TFC starts today. Times are PST
Kinda sucks marvel and sf4 are streamed at the same time. Going to multitwitch it
tfcstream-final2.png

i see no marvel, hear no marvel. sf is on. when will the curse end.

BTW don't expect Marvel to run for that full time- only 32 entrants as of yesterday.

wow so like 100 something for the tournament? god damn, we need a new villain in the scene.

Who wants to be Destiny pals?

whynot.gif

i need more online friends

jbug617

Banned
Capcom Cup trailer and info
http://capcomprotour.com/capcom-cup-2014-location-details-revealed/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC-M-CaeyOw

As the culmination of the first season of the Capcom Pro Tour, both Capcom and Twitch are pulling out all the stops to ensure that our grand finals, the Capcom Cup, will be a spectacular experience for all types of Street Fighter fans.

The battle will be going down in the heart of downtown San Francisco, at the historic Warfield Theater and streamed at twitch.tv/capcomfighters.

This 2,300 seat concert venue has a fantastic stage, balcony seating, and will feature commentary feeds for the crowd so you can follow along with the action live. We are also proud to welcome The Megas, who will be rocking your face off with some killer Street Fighter songs throughout the show.

There will be a ton of fun Street Fighter related activities on hand, including some awesome booths from our sponsors, cosplayers, as well as signing sessions and announcements from legendary producer, Yoshinori Ono. For the ultimate Capcom Cup experience, we are launching a new VIP program, limited to 300 tickets. Our VIPs will receive a premium seat on the ground floor, as well as a SWAG bag featuring the official Capcom Cup t-shirt, program book, and more.

Best of all, the VIP ticket will get you exclusive entry into the official afterparty, going down at the Folsom Street Foundry.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Ono please. If Capcom doesn't announce anything new, then they really have nothing to show us for the years to come. This is their time to shine.

Edit:

Time to join the bandwagon. Ono said please be excite?

KTCW9Lt.gif

Top Bottom