• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 6-12 | One Frame, Two Frame, Just Frame, Plus Frame

Krassus

Infils stream has been pretty awesome, crazy how much english he knows. Him always having a translator I didnt think he spoke any.

I'm curious, which characters and which customs are you gravitating towards?

Bowser Jr: Giant Mechakoopa. Walks slow enough for you to grab it, can also block some attacks because of its size and explode on them as a result.
Link: Power Bow. A gotdamned requirement on any Link with custom moves, holy SHIT. The range on the uncharged arrows is shit, but fully charged, it hits as strong as a Bob-Omb. Goes full-screen and super-fast when charged, and it charges about as fast as regular arrows.
DK: Stubborn Headbutt. His headbutt is super slow, but has hyper armor.
Ike: My Ike is nearly all custom moves, lmao. Best ones are Close Combat for his sideB (goes through opponents instead of stopping when you hit them), and Aether Drive for upB (sword goes diagonally up instead of straight up - he has a good recovery now!).
Lucario: None of his customs are that important IMO, but since I'm listing everyone I'm using, why not? Advancing Aura Palm is good, and Glancing Counter is better than his other 2 downB options (he turns invincible, then always attacks after the pose, no matter if he's hit or not).
BanjoKazooie Duck Hunt: My goal with DH is to anger people, so I made sure to make him extra-annoying. High-Explosive Shot makes the can actually useful, Duck Jump Snag gives his upB an attack, and Quick Draw Aces makes the guys shoot faster.
Sonic: Hammer Spin Dash. Very nice. He leaps straight up, then back down quickly, and if he hits someone on the way down he buries them.

Is it just me or are there almost no videos of Sol players that use Dragon Install in Xrd? I remember shortly after the arcade version came out there were bunch of videos of Sol players installing every round and trying to chip people out with Tyrant Rave.

Then again it seems like supers in general aren't used that often in favour of conserving tension for RCing or for finishing a combo that would KO.

Anth0ny

yvyx9tfaz0xklzr3keyw.png

/dead

Haha, so true. It works, though. That's a unique, balanced character right there.

At least so far.

Is it just me or are there almost no videos of Sol players that use Dragon Install in Xrd? I remember shortly after the arcade version came out there were bunch of videos of Sol players installing every round and trying to chip people out with Tyrant Rave.

Then again it seems like supers in general aren't used that often in favour of conserving tension for RCing or for finishing a combo that would KO.

Mikado actually just got a Sol player that's utterly addicted to Dragon Install and going wtfham with DI Grand Viper/Kudakero spam.

Sayad

It's about The Evil Within being capped at 30 on PC(steam thread, but should have made its way into the TEW PC framerate thread by now).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Loving Mr. Game and Watch...but he can't spike can he? Haven't found combos with him as well, I suck tho

down air during the beginning of the animation, i know brawl and PM have a spark that lights up as an indicator for it.

I don't think saving $10 is worth going physical, so I'll have to get the adapter and controller separately

Also, I'm curious, who is getting or got a Wii U just for Smash?

Smash is gonna make me break my wallet black friday.

infli de bess

CBOAT is back, someone get the Dahbomb signal!

wheres the thread?!?!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
CBOAT is back, someone get the Dahbomb signal!
My body is ready.

There are 4 methods I know of:
1) Classic, look for tools on the roulette (pause to cheat the system).
2) Smash Run, look for tools.
3) Trophy Run.
4) Smash Bomb with Ganondorf (neutral B -> win).

Listed fastest method to slowest. 4) is brainless, though, and you can just mash "A" while watching TV or reading a book.

Also, PM me your friend code and add me. My FC is in my profile.
Wait, so do you just unpause and mash A afterwards? MIND BLOWN.

Also, my FC is in my profile as well. I'll add you later today.

Beckx

Is there a menu item for Smash that allows you to have custom movesets but NOT allow the custom wearables? It's no fun finding out that your opponent starts the game with shirt that gives them a baseball bat, ha. This is for local play.

(Probably a stupid question but I am absolutely a Tekken player slammed at work & home and haven't had a chance to look into it.)

Is there a menu item for Smash that allows you to have custom movesets but NOT allow the custom wearables? It's no fun finding out that your opponent starts the game with shirt that gives them a baseball bat, ha. This is for local play.

(Probably a stupid question but I am absolutely a Tekken player slammed at work & home and haven't had a chance to look into it.)

No, you have to make a custom build with no equipment on and choose that on the select screen.

Beats

My body is ready.

You don't need to mash A. You can just hold it. Also if it's showing the item you want on the slot and if you can't see the item before it then it will select the next item, but if you see a little bit of the previous item you can safely hold A and get it. Also if you pause it and only see a little bit of the next item you can tell it's a custom part if it's flat/a straight line on the bottom so you can hold A there. I do this with the numbers too. lol

Also, the red paths apparently have better rewards.

kirblar

You don't need to mash A. You can just hold it. Also if it's showing the item you want on the slot and if you can't see the item before it then it will select the next item, but if you see a little bit of the previous item you can safely hold A and get it. Also if you pause it and only see a little bit of the next item you can tell it's a custom part if it's flat/a straight line on the bottom so you can hold A there. I do this with the numbers too. lol

Also, the red paths apparently have better rewards.
R/B/G is a difficulty system - one of the tooltips explained it in-game out of nowhere.

Azure J

My body is ready.

Adding you shortly.

Bowser Jr: Giant Mechakoopa. Walks slow enough for you to grab it, can also block some attacks because of its size and explode on them as a result.
Link: Power Bow. A gotdamned requirement on any Link with custom moves, holy SHIT. The range on the uncharged arrows is shit, but fully charged, it hits as strong as a Bob-Omb. Goes full-screen and super-fast when charged, and it charges about as fast as regular arrows.
DK: Stubborn Headbutt. His headbutt is super slow, but has hyper armor.
Ike: My Ike is nearly all custom moves, lmao. Best ones are Close Combat for his sideB (goes through opponents instead of stopping when you hit them), and Aether Drive for upB (sword goes diagonally up instead of straight up - he has a good recovery now!).
Lucario: None of his customs are that important IMO, but since I'm listing everyone I'm using, why not? Advancing Aura Palm is good, and Glancing Counter is better than his other 2 downB options (he turns invincible, then always attacks after the pose, no matter if he's hit or not).
BanjoKazooie Duck Hunt: My goal with DH is to anger people, so I made sure to make him extra-annoying. High-Explosive Shot makes the can actually useful, Duck Jump Snag gives his upB an attack, and Quick Draw Aces makes the guys shoot faster.
Sonic: Hammer Spin Dash. Very nice. He leaps straight up, then back down quickly, and if he hits someone on the way down he buries them.

Nice list. Although I don't play Link, I DEFINITELY agree with you on Silver Arrows. Those things are nuts. My characters and customs are:

Marth: Nothing particularly dramatic or game changing here. I'm pretty fond of Iai Counter for the mix up after it swings and I like messing with
Pit: I would have loved Piercing Arrow so much if it were just a tad faster.
Zero Suit Samus: I don't think she has a single custom move that doesn't do something good to amazing for her. Right now I'm liking the combination of all her 2 moves (Blast Shot [a chargeable Melee Falco laser without the range tho], Plasma Dash [I lose tether recovery but gain some great horizontal distance], Impact Kick [this gets some URLEY knockouts] and Shooting Star Kick [basically keeps the utility of the Emergency Flip but adds a rocketing Dive Kick with stupid knockback and speed]).
Rosalina: Shooting Star Bit is fucking hilariously good. It's like horizontal Hidden Missiles good if you are someone who plays with Luma constantly detached from yourself. Firing one from behind an opponent as the close in on you only to change that momentum into solo Wombo Combos is amazing, especially if the Luma is off screen for a bit.. I'm also a big fan of Guardian Luma due to the momentum conservation and stupid way it acts with jumps for extra forward carry when recovering.
Greninja: Probably one of the few characters I've played who feels right just going vanilla. None of his customs have grabbed me but I imagine there's some fun stuff with the different Hydro Pump recoveries.
Palutena: Autoreticle, Jump Glide, Angelic Missile and Celestial Fireworks is the canon move set. There's an argument to be made for Counter but fireworks grants full invincibility during startup and provides a pretty decent anti-air/ground to air solution for her. They can KO too.

Other notables:

Luigi: Bouncing fireball is soooo good. It has a sharper upward arc than Mario's (think SMW:Super Mario Advance 2's Luigi fireballs vs. Mario's) and they go a surprisingly good distance.
Samus: This character is going to be amazing with Seeker Missiles and the Slow Charge Shot (which I still haven't unlocked). Apex Screw Attack (shinespark) and Slip Bombs also add a lot to herself.
Lucario: I feel like Extremespeed 3 (the offensive one) is great. Good distance and some offense is better than none. It hits surprisingly hard too.

Beats

Greninja: Probably one of the few characters I've played who feels right just going vanilla. None of his customs have grabbed me but I imagine there's some fun stuff with the different Hydro Pump recoveries.

One of the custom shurikens (I forget which one) brings the opponent towards you when you hit with it. You can combo into up-smash with it. See this match.

stn

Hahahaha, Infiltration's K-Brad impression is great. Is there a story or something behind "I hope you like dicks"? Is that what he actually said? It was so random that I feel like I'm missing out on some context.

Top Bottom